Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

Vildiil's Avatar


Vildiil
04.17.2013 , 09:49 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
AGREE and have canceled. Not going to grind PVE gear cause PVE sucks.

Not going to grind PVP gear for a third ******* time.

EA / BW go **** yourselves.
But what about your Troops in Ilum?
Prophecy of the Five/Jedi Covenant - Izumi Legacy
Naomil/Jindiaru/Ja'xo - LD-Fifty
My PvP stream

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
04.17.2013 , 10:01 AM | #32
This system is vastly preferable to the former gear gap. My main is slowly filling out her partisan gear (from Warhero) and it is nice not having tanks guarding me with 5K less HP than I have and other silliness. The gear crutch is gone, thank goodness.

Kophar's Avatar


Kophar
04.17.2013 , 10:16 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
If your expertise is 1720 you're doing something wrong probably mixing pve and pvp mods on a single piece of gear... (remember your wh/ewh is now PVE gear) big nono for bolster.. and 1850 is quite low also.
Exactly m8y, im afraid plenty of the people complaining bout this issue are all the majority of them those that dnt even read patch notes and the known bug list in our forums.
Im beting that they still have equipped BM, WH or EWH relics, some of them still have their WH/EWH expertise gems on their weapons and some others are mixing their new PVE WH/EWH gear with expertise mods etc or they just have orange items with former WH/EWH mods/enh/armorings and since they dnt give a rats *** to read BW devs postings reguarding this issue, they state what OP is saying, whatever let them talk and whinne, im done with these threads.
Ignorance sometimes is a bless but certanly isnt on an MMO, neither is stupidity for that matter.

There is a problem with augments that BW isnt aware off or was recently putted aware off but thats it.
Bolstering have issues, true, BW knows that and allready acknowledged that and have stated what u must do and not do reguarding the old PvP gear, READ.
So waky waky, its time to rise up 5 levels and when u hit 55, farm new PvP gear. Everyone below lvl 55 with ELITE WAR HERO/WAR HERO is a LOW LEVEL NOW as u were when u were lvl 20ish,30ish,40ish, and u had greens/blues/purples deal with it and shut up.
In the lvl 55 bracket Partisan/Conqueror gear is better than any PvE gear equipped.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
04.17.2013 , 10:18 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
AGREE and have canceled. Not going to grind PVE gear cause PVE sucks.

Not going to grind PVP gear for a third ******* time.

EA / BW go **** yourselves.

Quinlynn, you know you ONLY REALLY CANCELLED because the Heroric 2 on Ilum doesn't get traffic anymore like it used to, and you can't find an equal spot on Makeb.

lolz

Baktaro's Avatar


Baktaro
04.17.2013 , 10:32 AM | #35
My issue is that I was able to raid in my EWH gear, and gear up for pve that way, however, pvers felt it was unfair which I understand 100%, but then I have to ask why is it now fair pvers can be competitive in pve gear? I like the the change overall more people to play with in pvp, I just cannot help but shake the double standard feeling.

Bioware should either make it so PvP gear can be used in pve as an entry / mid tier set like pve gear can be used as a entry / mid tier set in pvp.

chimex's Avatar


chimex
04.17.2013 , 10:39 AM | #36
So let me get this straight, OP is afraid of any decent competition. In short, he feels that skill = time spent? Not to be rude, but that is complete rubbish. This is being proven with bolster, that some people have been carried by ridiculously over the top gear.

Methinks the OP is a little scared of competition.

/thread
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

psybernetic's Avatar


psybernetic
04.17.2013 , 10:50 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
AGREE and have canceled. Not going to grind PVE gear cause PVE sucks.

Not going to grind PVP gear for a third ******* time.

EA / BW go **** yourselves.
Good *********** riddance.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
04.17.2013 , 10:56 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
It is STUPID that the PvE players who go through all of the PvE content for uber PvE gear and only plays PvP once a week, can compete on same level as a full time PvPer in uber PvP gear. Because of Bolster.
.
IF you PvP all the time and some PvE only player spanks you in PvP because of bolster, that is your own issue

I don't need expertise to set me apart from PVE onlys in PvP
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.17.2013 , 11:05 AM | #39
Anyone who can tell you decisively whether PvP gear (of same tier) is better than PvE gear (of same tier) or vice versa is wrong. Given it is only recently revealed a set of Underworld gear nets you 1322 Expertise it is not even possible to theorycraft prior to this point unless everyone magically already knows this but never shared it. I ran through a lot of numbers yesterday and equipping items to simlate this (WH power relic lets you simulate any change in main stat and power since it only has power) and the conclusion I get is that for the problematic pieces, like the UW weapon, the only way to know which is better is to have both pieces of gear, parse them in live conditions. The parse will reveal UW to do some % more damage, and then you have to guess whether this increase in DPS makes up for your decreased survivality, which might not even be decreased due to the fact that PvE gear have the intimidation factor (PvE gear gives you more HP, people tend to get discouraged when seeing a guy with 30K HP and attack someone else with less HP, so it's possible to increase your survivality this way).

1322 is roughly a 40% bonus. What is certain is that a full set of UW isn't going to do 20% more damage and take 20% less damage than a full set of Conqueror. But we know the contribution of each piece is not uniform. The weapon is always the problematic slot as a weapon contains roughly 1/10 the expertise budget but contributes to something like 75% of your total healing/damage output (just try to PvE or PvP in a green weapon and see how well that works). The offhand is the next problematic part, especially for classes that do not depend on weapon damage. After that, expertise should win comfortably but since MH/OH contributes to the vast majority of your total output, it is of vital interest to know which is better, and right now the numbers are far too close to tell via theorycraft.

In some sense this is Bioware's fault. They should be aware that the numbers they have tuned is far too close to tell and history shows us people start believing the wrong things if you can't tell what's the correct choice. At this point someone in Bioware needs to come out and tell us exactly what their numbers is supposed to indicate for the problematic slots, namely the MH/OH. We need something like 'Our numbers show using UW weapon increases DPS by 3% and HP by 0.75%, which should be offset by the 2% expertise modifier you get'. You don't necessarily have to agree with these numbers, and they may even be wrong, but we need this as a reference point because it is unrealistic to expect players to come up with these numbers themselves.

bglodt's Avatar


bglodt
04.17.2013 , 11:40 AM | #40
Personally I say get rid of pvp gear altogether (save for cosmetics) and increase the amount of comms it takes to get the pieces. If it takes x hours to go through a raid and you get 1 drop and some coms.... It should be fairly easy to convert this to an equivalent number of wazones and coms to get the equivalent gear.

I like pvp... Pve is ok. But I tell you this... I like the balance of bolster, at least in theory. Pvp should be more about skill than gear. You want rewards for pvp... Get titles and new shells, or special effects for your weapons. Seriously if you claim to enjoy pvp, then get pissed because yiu don't out gear other people... And can't three shot them... You don't really like pvp. You like stroking your own ego and waxing poetic about how great you are.

The good pvpers on my server will beat me with equal or near equal gear. The bads won't, And they will cry about it. Yes I have EWH. Did the grind suck? NOPE. Why because I play for the competition not for the ego stroke. Personally I also hope that min maxing goes away. When I walk into the metaphorical arena it's me and my team vs you and yours. No advantages... A swords a sword, a tridents a trident, a shields a shield. It's a matter if skill and sweat. If I pvp 30 minutes a week and we both have the same spec and same gear (or bolstered equivalent) and I do better than you... That's not because of bolster... That's because you aren't as good as you think you are.

Thank goodness for the gear gap closure. Now when I beat someone I know it's not because I out geared them... And when I lose I know it's because they were better.
Zenick Bladeborne, 50 Vanguard, Tranquility, JC
Zenfor Bladeborne, 50 Jedi Sentinel, Tranquility, JC

I play the vaunted 31/31/31 spec... It's not that good though.