Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

batleths's Avatar


batleths
04.17.2013 , 02:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I guess i don't really care that much since i like to play both..
Also the higher end pve gear doesnt give advantage full underworld loses you expertise so the system is fair in that regard. You will have advantage once you min/max conqueror/partisan when it comes to expertise..
of course you like it you can do both with better stats and you get free expertise. if your in pvp gear you should kill a pve player easy in pvp wz. that the whole idea of having expertise to stop pve players from just mowing down pvp players

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
04.17.2013 , 02:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by batleths View Post
of course you like it you can do both with better stats and you get free expertise. if your in pvp gear you should kill a pve player easy in pvp wz. that the whole idea of having expertise to stop pve players from just mowing down pvp players
Pvpers will play more pvp then a hardcore pve player so will be better at the games pvp so its highly unlikely that a pver will enter pvp and faceroll everyone. The high end pve gear argument is moot because they will lose a lot of expertise by wearing this gear which will counteract the extra stats to some degree if they where to wear a full set of high end raid gear. Personally i don't have a problem with the mid range stuff getting bolstered to have expertise it just opens up pvp to more people..
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

Devlonir's Avatar


Devlonir
04.17.2013 , 02:50 AM | #13
Funny that the mechanism that actually makes PVP more balanced, is being claimed in this thread to cause it to become unbalanced?

You do realise that "mom or dad with only 30 mins a day to play" will lose against you because of lack of training and experience right? Why need gear that is 60-80% more effective to kill them? Because that's what everyone here is boasting they want.

Also, for people claiming this will kill PVP. No, the old completely unbalanced PVP gear progression that some seem to want back because it gives the low-lives godlike status will kill PVP. Because that kind of idiocracy causes new players not to start PVP. And anything that doesn't get new players, will eventually die out.

Bolster causes more new players to start PVP, than it causes old players to leave it. Deal with it.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

hobrogaming's Avatar


hobrogaming
04.17.2013 , 03:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Funny that the mechanism that actually makes PVP more balanced, is being claimed in this thread to cause it to become unbalanced?

You do realise that "mom or dad with only 30 mins a day to play" will lose against you because of lack of training and experience right? Why need gear that is 60-80% more effective to kill them? Because that's what everyone here is boasting they want.

Also, for people claiming this will kill PVP. No, the old completely unbalanced PVP gear progression that some seem to want back because it gives the low-lives godlike status will kill PVP. Because that kind of idiocracy causes new players not to start PVP. And anything that doesn't get new players, will eventually die out.

Bolster causes more new players to start PVP, than it causes old players to leave it. Deal with it.
But we want the Recruit gear - War hero gap back to 3 hit people!!!!!!
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

dego-harmonium's Avatar


dego-harmonium
04.17.2013 , 04:04 AM | #15
Grind your Conq set and stop crying. First people constantly complain for a system like we now have, when they get it they cry. Personally i like not having gimped teamates with very low to no expertise anymore

At the end of the day as long as a conq set = underworld who cares

No gear obtainable by something you can achieve solo should ever have the same rewards as raid content.

What you all should be concerned about is how fast the TTK is going to be once folks start having a fully augmented set of conq gear :P
Arterial <Lethal Dose Fifty>
JC

Prodiigy's Avatar


Prodiigy
04.17.2013 , 04:09 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
But we want the Recruit gear - War hero gap back to 3 hit people!!!!!!
No onei is saying that but someone who wears pve / no gear should not have better stats than some one in full pvp gear. The same way my pvp gear shouldn't be better than pve gear in raids.

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
04.17.2013 , 04:12 AM | #17
I actually joined into a pvp match on my tank jugg yesterday in my mostly 69 equip and I didn't get as much expertise as there is on the pvp equip
waiting for ...

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
04.17.2013 , 04:15 AM | #18
The pve gear with ridicously better stats then the pvp gear loses out on expertise so full 69/72 won't be as viable as the pvp gear..
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

Clennie's Avatar


Clennie
04.17.2013 , 04:18 AM | #19
Same here done with this garbage as well. 7 days to go then good luck to bioware.

Prodiigy's Avatar


Prodiigy
04.17.2013 , 04:36 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
The pve gear with ridicously better stats then the pvp gear loses out on expertise so full 69/72 won't be as viable as the pvp gear..
No one has full 72 gear yet so how do u know this ? I get more stats from using a matrix cube than my ewh relic.