Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is HK-47 on steroids?

Strangewayes
12.20.2011 , 07:38 AM | #11
Haven't had a hard boss-fight since Vanilla WoW.
Games are too much on rails, and people whine if they can't oneshot a boss in a pug, while they watch footie on TV at the same time.

But I have no doubt that all challenge will get watered down fast. Unfortunately that's how it always goes these days =(
Strangewayes
Radiant Knights

swtor.radiantknights.co.uk

phfct
12.20.2011 , 08:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
Games are too much on rails, and people whine if they can't oneshot a boss in a pug, while they watch footie on TV at the same time.

But I have no doubt that all challenge will get watered down fast. Unfortunately that's how it always goes these days =(
I have the same issue, I just think is just the mentality of all people nowadays they want everything fast free and with no challenge. Imo they spoiled little brats who start to wine wenn they can't complete anything.

They dont get they ruining it for alot of other people but he they dont care, spoiled little ego's

/Rant off!!
High till i Die

Lianathon
12.20.2011 , 09:31 AM | #13

Maybe if you'd like to suggest a strategy to said people rather than "You suck don't whine" then your precious challenge might be maintained.

Lightmgl
12.21.2011 , 10:41 AM | #14
By the way the day after I posted this, he resumed his normal correct behavior of 3 snipes in a row and while still hard was definitely quite killable.

Still no clue *** was up that first day, he was definitely bugged. We should've tried resetting the instance.

PlagaNerezza
12.21.2011 , 10:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightmgl View Post
By the way the day after I posted this, he resumed his normal correct behavior of 3 snipes in a row and while still hard was definitely quite killable.

Still no clue *** was up that first day, he was definitely bugged. We should've tried resetting the instance.
Did you try interrupts?
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Farabee
12.21.2011 , 10:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Did you try interrupts?
Look at his buffs next time you run it. Here's a hint:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4h9Ttrq

Me and my fiancee ran into the same issue with Snipe last night when we did this place. He just hung back and spammed 3k damage hits over and over. She (sith sorc, full healing spec) could not heal the damage.

Couldn't tell if whether he used it or not was linked to the adds being up at the time, my suspicion is that the adds need to die quick and then he just stops using it. If this is the case then it's just a simple matter of focus firing the adds down quickly, even saving cooldowns to take them out. We were 3 manning with my Vette and a 34 sorc DPS spec, so that could have been the problem.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

StarDarien
12.21.2011 , 11:00 AM | #17
And the casuals begin whining that fights are to hard. We went in 1 shot everything in that dungeon, its literally a joke how easy this **** is.

Pawlaar
12.21.2011 , 11:18 AM | #18
This fight has a very predictable rhythm. Just make sure that your group consists of people close to lvl 36 (we finished with me tanking at 37, a healer at 32, and two DPS at 32 and 35).

As far as tips go, make sure your tank is aware and picking up the adds. Determine which add (left or right) to kill first and keep it consistent wave to wave. And be quick about disengaging the locks. When the boss comes back make sure to ignore him until the adds are dead. I mean it's all very simple stuff. And when he snipes a DPS can help the healer by off healin. We had him bug out on one phase and spam snipe and we got through it with CDs.

jHats
12.21.2011 , 11:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightmgl View Post
I'm all for hard, but this wasn't healable like this. Even if I had unlimited heat I would not have been able to heal through it, his DPS was about double my HPS spamming my strongest heal nonstop. If he hit the same person twice they went from full health to dead in about 2 seconds.

I remember him sniping in beta, but he would do it occasionally mixing it up with the flamethrower and the knockback. Now hes spamming it non stop after a few seconds into the fight and never using his regular attack, flamethrower, or anything else.

I found it very weird because his damage output was about three times as much as any boss we'd fought previously in any flashpoint. It felt very unusual and in beta we never had any problems like this, he hurt when he had his adds out but not to the point where you couldn't even heal it with cooldowns up.
Its not "unhealable" as I've done it as a Merc at appropriate level.

1. MOVE OUT OF THE FIRE. Seriously. If the flamethrower is on you, MOVE.
2. Turn and kill adds ASAP. If you have 2, CC one of the smaller droids that come out of the tubes
3. In "Massacre / Slaughter" mode or whatever HK calls it, he will focus one person. Heal that one person.

Make sure you keep gas on the ground and Kolto Missiles flying for the extra heals.
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five

jHats
12.21.2011 , 11:21 AM | #20

Crying about it doesnt help. This is the state of MMOs.
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five