Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Imperial Agent and Smuggler Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Imperial Agent and Smuggler Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FelixGoldenHeart
04.16.2013 , 05:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
Still can't say I'm inspired to play an Agent just yet...

I started an Agent and a Smuggler at the same time. Played them both up for a little while, to compare.

First off, the Agent uses a pistol during cinematics, but can't really use one at all.

More importantly, the Agent gets hit more often while charging abilities. Charged Shot leaves the Smuggler behind cover while charging, then they stand up long enough to fire. Sniper Shot leaves the Agent standing while charging, so they get hit more (and suffer knockback) before eventually firing.

It's the little things, that made me delete the Agent eventually and play up the Smuggler instead.
Your claim of being "knocked back" I assume you mean pushback. I hate to tell you that regardless of the standing or behind cover does not affect pushback. Snipers/gunslingers cannot have abilities pushed back. As long as you are in cover you are immune to pushback and interrupts, regardless if your character's animation is standing or hiding.

Corpselight
04.16.2013 , 05:58 PM | #22
AWW crud agents and scoundrels are now even more a pain in pvp! My poor jug won't stand a chance.

Corpselight
04.16.2013 , 06:05 PM | #23
Dear god they whine! The very first thing that occurs in WZ is everyone rushing my damn sniper! There is 2\3 healers in front of me and everyone ignores em and comes after my sniper.

Quote: Originally Posted by FelixGoldenHeart View Post
Lol @ complainers. The sniper was always this powerful. You just didn't notice it because of all the smash monkey and Pyrotechs. We get a few moves to make us more mobile and hold our own in a 1 vs many fight and you complain? Ha ha I say... Ha ha.

Xzara_Jade
04.16.2013 , 06:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Corpselight View Post
Dear god they whine! The very first thing that occurs in WZ is everyone rushing my damn sniper! There is 2\3 healers in front of me and everyone ignores em and comes after my sniper.
Indeed, am rolling a merc at the moment, and every wz I mark snipers and informthe group to burn them up first, then healers- why u may ask? because a sniper under pressure isn't dpsing hes' running. I have a gunslinger at 50 have had once as my second character while I was waiting transfer from harbinger to apac way back last year, love the class- however back then u didn't see many of us cos they wernt the easiest to play.

Now any tom,dick or harry can roll up and faceroll, esp with these new abilities, that I can understand why they would be implemented; but I question why the added So many new escapes.
"I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

-----The C`Boath Legacy------
---Oceanic server Dalborra----

Uglyworm
04.16.2013 , 08:03 PM | #25
These changes are a good start and a definite improvement over 1.x, but there are still some problems, particularly with the value of Alacrity.

For Dirty Fighting spec, the rotation is limited by the 9s cooldown of Wounding Shots. Unless my math is incorrect, it's not possible to stack enough Alacrity to gain an extra GCD every 9s (16.67% haste required) while still having enough Accuracy to be hit capped. Therefore, ANY amount of Alacrity is completely wasted. Worse still, there is no decent talent choice in the first tier of the tree, so Dirty Fighting Smugglers have no choice but to take one of two useless talents that provide no PvE benefit: Black Market Mods or Holdout Defense.

Marksmanship spec has a similar problem, although it's not quite as bad. Stacking 5% Alacrity will allow an extra GCD between each use of Speed Shot and Aimed Shot (12s cooldown), so it does provide a dps benefit up to that amount. Unfortunately, it's not possible to gain two extra GCDs every 12s, so any Alacrity beyond 5% is wasted.

Doqtyr
04.17.2013 , 12:04 AM | #26
First of all I have always loved Trickshot and was excited to see I will be able to use it more often. I will miss Cheap Shot but mostly for the animation. The new roll seems almost useless but I am sure I will learn to make use of it. My biggest question is about the new gear system. I have always tried to maintain accuracy probably more than usual. It always seemed like the best minor stat to stack for someone who wished to do as much damage as possible. I was surprised to see a post by a developer saying that accuracy will matter in 2.0 considering none of the basic gear actually has accuracy in it. I did not look closely at the Elite or Ultimate Gear however a glance showed none there either. So why if it so important is it not in the end game gear? Every piece of basic gear removes accuracy. I am sure this is intentional I would just like to understand in order to make my gunslinger more effective. If not accuracy does anyone suggest another stat such as surge or crit chance?
0))))))))))O))){)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

We may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Ildriel
04.17.2013 , 01:30 AM | #27
Thank you Austin Peckenpaugh !
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Merras
04.17.2013 , 02:36 AM | #28
Nerf them pls. Thx.

zzoorrzz
04.17.2013 , 03:51 AM | #29
I play eng sniper and I love imperial auto loader thing. It makes me feel more powerful. And I basically cant run out of energy, which is very comfortable.

LarryRow
04.17.2013 , 06:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Corpselight View Post
It's called going after the most important targets first. Should be a red flag, honestly.

As I understand it, snipers who have been knocked out of cover by Diversion can simply use their roll to regain cover even if the debuff isn't over. Personally I think this is lame (although it's also lame that you can knock a sniper out of cover with Diversion when he has Entrench running).
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.