Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dan_the_man_
04.16.2013 , 01:26 PM | #991
Not sure if that's a stupid april joke, but pvp is broken. Really broken. I had a bad feeling since PTS 900k hp. So, what do we have now? My noob scoundrel in full recruit has ~1500 cunning and ~1700 endurance. Expertise is ~1600. Seems ok untill you see the stats of 30's - more than 2.000 of all these stats. Huh? I'm afraid to visit 55's wzs already. So pvp in this game is lost for me. Wonder if it's another bw money-draining programm or they're kidding us or they're paniced and can't leave that state so they can' t do anything. :/

Projawa
04.16.2013 , 01:34 PM | #992
BW, why don't you just scrap the bolster system? Make a post saying it was a mistake and we will cut our losses by swallowing the lost worker hours the pvp team put into it and the hit to our reputation and just go forward with a clean slate. Sure you'd look bad but stringing the player base along and extending this fiasco with one workaround after another will make you look doubly worse in the long run.

This is similar to the flop with class balance in WoW 2.0 Burning Crusade, only everything was tilted towards PVP as part of their grand plan for arenas and PVE balance was screwed.

If I'm missing part of the picture here, please reply.

wigglebooty
04.16.2013 , 01:54 PM | #993
If we all wanted to be equal when pvping we would play Guildwars, but we don't we prefer a gear grind and hence why we are playing swtor.

Shatterstar
04.16.2013 , 01:58 PM | #994
My biggest issue with the "solution", is that you have ruined my WH/EWH gear for any "open world" pvp. (I.E. the Gree event, or random killing flagged pubs in Black Hole or Illum.) But, if you PVP enough to get the new gears, you get an even bigger advantage over people who have not (due to the new gears being much higher level). As it stands, I would be better off with recruit gears for those occasions.
If you are going to get rid of expertise gear, than get rid of all of it, not just some of it. Let the "pvp" gear just be a separate progression of gear, with its own, unique (not re-colored), looks. So those that want to pvp can progress to higher tiers of gear, just like those that prefer PVE ops to progress. And those who like to do both, can do both, to mix and match stats or looks.
Making all PVP gear non-expertise would be the best solution, while still creating a competitive gear progression from 10 to 55 for those who prefer PVP.
The Darksabbath Legacy
Ranseur (PT Tank) Andari (Rage Marauder)
Bil'li (Marks Sniper) And a host of other alts...

JiggerDo
04.16.2013 , 02:21 PM | #995
So your answer is to remove the advantage i spent hundreds of hours working to have over scrubs with no/lesser gear?
Well i wont be paying you anymore if your are just going to socialize/obamatize pvp. Consider this sub cancelled.

You have till the end of the month to put back the advantage of working for gear. I dont play this game to be 'equal'. I play, and work, for many many hours to have better gear that gives me an advantage, and if you think im going to start that grind all over again with new pvp gear, with no regard for all the work i have put into me EWH set, you are mistaken.

Get your head out of your *** biuoware!

Cearnach
04.16.2013 , 02:31 PM | #996
The pvp changes are bunk, the devs are bunk this game will die soon becuase all the hardwortk and hours to gear up have become pointless, the story line is idiotic and not a continuance of the class story lines at all. STOP LYING TO YOUR PLAYERS, we pay money hard earned money to not get jerked around by some ******* in a cubical writing code to piss off the very people who provide them a paycheck. Its freaking woderfull to have an invised rog stun me and then kill me before the stun timer wears off. Its even better to have some idiot in armor 14 levels lower than me snipe and one hit me in pvp.
This game has become a fn joke!
You idiot devs better start giving a damn about your players fix the broken crap first and then work on what new releases you want. Damn why did city of heroes have to die!

grandmofftarkin
04.16.2013 , 02:32 PM | #997
I admit that I haven't read enough yet to fully understand the impact of the PvP gear changes. However, my perception is that 2.0 has just taken a big, steaming dump on me and my PvP bretheren.

I get that we want a system that shouldn't scare newcomers away; recruit gear and the periodic price downshift of battlemaster, war hero, etc. ensured that new players could get over the gear hump with a modest effort. What I don't get is that for existing pvpers WH and EWH has been taken away from us. I get that you want a new and better system with new gear. But ffs find a way to "grandfather" in exisiting players who earned what they have!

In the past, at least you could keep and use obsolete pvp gear; I saved all my BM mods for a future toon's pvp headstart. Now, it seems like my EWH will be useless in 55 pvp with no expertise stats.

Over time it has been clear that BW favors pve over pvp. Making the next operation or whatever has been boasted about in favor of even giving us back a basic open pvp rewards system on Illum. That's fine. But now we need to put everyone who stuck with the WZ system back at square 1? I don't get it.

If you want to make a new pvp system to better allow general players to compete that's fine but don't crap all over the current pvpers in the process by not respecting their efforts and achievements.

Kovaos
04.16.2013 , 02:41 PM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmofftarkin View Post
I admit that I haven't read enough yet to fully understand the impact of the PvP gear changes. However, my perception is that 2.0 has just taken a big, steaming dump on me and my PvP bretheren.

I get that we want a system that shouldn't scare newcomers away; recruit gear and the periodic price downshift of battlemaster, war hero, etc. ensured that new players could get over the gear hump with a modest effort. What I don't get is that for existing pvpers WH and EWH has been taken away from us. I get that you want a new and better system with new gear. But ffs find a way to "grandfather" in exisiting players who earned what they have!

In the past, at least you could keep and use obsolete pvp gear; I saved all my BM mods for a future toon's pvp headstart. Now, it seems like my EWH will be useless in 55 pvp with no expertise stats.

Over time it has been clear that BW favors pve over pvp. Making the next operation or whatever has been boasted about in favor of even giving us back a basic open pvp rewards system on Illum. That's fine. But now we need to put everyone who stuck with the WZ system back at square 1? I don't get it.

If you want to make a new pvp system to better allow general players to compete that's fine but don't crap all over the current pvpers in the process by not respecting their efforts and achievements.
No. Just no. The cap is raised and new gear should be the goal now. Your EWH will and should be outdated. The same applies for PvEers. They need to grind a new set as well.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Brant_Flir
04.16.2013 , 02:49 PM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
No. Just no. The cap is raised and new gear should be the goal now. Your EWH will and should be outdated. The same applies for PvEers. They need to grind a new set as well.
Inb4 bioware adds expertise into pre-2.0 pve gear and you have to do all the old and new operations in green gear to beeffective..

EricMusco
04.16.2013 , 02:57 PM | #1000 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I just wanted to let all of you know that I have been reading over the thread and am continually passing the feedback and questions on to the combat team. Some of the confusion I am seeing is around the removal of Expertise from WH/EWH and its relation to PvE gear. I am working with those guys on getting some math around it all to hopefully clear some things up.

I won't have any new information today, I just wanted you folks to be aware that I am actively watching the thread and working with the Combat/PvP folks on getting answers to some of your questions.

Thanks!

-eric

PS - If you haven't read some of our prior PvP posts in this thread and others it is possible your questions were answered there. You can view them here, here, and here.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]