Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

mercs please stop queueing as healers

skullkandy
04.16.2013 , 11:19 AM | #1
I like playing the healing role but i've noticed it takes so long to pop for a flashpoint queue as healer because half the population plays mercs and queue as healer. I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves. If you want to dps then dps, but don't clog up the healer queue and take up a spot in a flashpoint for a real healer.

JMarchini
04.16.2013 , 12:10 PM | #2
All mercenaries have the capability to off heal, just so you know. Even more so now that all mercenaries can throw kolto missile down, even if they aren't specced bodyguard. They also probably queue as DPS/heals, and take whatever pops because it can take FOREVER for a queue to pop as DPS.

mastirkal
04.16.2013 , 12:30 PM | #3
Doesn't make it right marchi. Don't queue as something you don't expect to play just because it might take less time, if you are that petty and you don't know your stuff, your team mates will HATE you. The OP needs to rephrase what he is asking. The title makes him sound like an *** saying mercs aren't good for healing. To which I call crass.

SW_display_name
04.16.2013 , 12:32 PM | #4
Almost every Merc healer I get while tanking is excellent at their job (except that one in Pyro spec with High Velocity Gas Cylinder on). They are also my favorite healer because they constantly shoot green stuff at me. PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! Ha ha ha I ♥ them.

Anyway as far as my Healer class in Group Finder FPs, I usually see (hand-waving made-up rough guess pie chart here):
Sorcerer 75%
Merc 15%
Op 10%

So, I have to disagree with you. Mercs, start queueing as healers! I'm tired of having silly bubbles around me every FP. I want more PEWPEWPEW.

VigDiath
04.16.2013 , 12:33 PM | #5
I've had that happen. Mercs/Mandos queued as healers but do nothing but DPS the whole time allowing the Tank to die. Fun stuff. I had to ask a Mando once, are you going to heal at any point before he started healing.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

skullkandy
04.16.2013 , 12:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Doesn't make it right marchi. Don't queue as something you don't expect to play just because it might take less time, if you are that petty and you don't know your stuff, your team mates will HATE you. The OP needs to rephrase what he is asking. The title makes him sound like an *** saying mercs aren't good for healing. To which I call crass.
good point on my phrasing, although I did state how i've never once seen a merc use a heal in a flashpoint, but I could have been more clear. I suspect though the first responder is one of those people who only read's thread titles and then gives their 2 cents.

skullkandy
04.16.2013 , 12:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Almost every Merc healer I get while tanking is excellent at their job (except that one in Pyro spec with High Velocity Gas Cylinder on). They are also my favorite healer because they constantly shoot green stuff at me. PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW! Ha ha ha I ♥ them.

Anyway as far as my Healer class in Group Finder FPs, I usually see (hand-waving made-up rough guess pie chart here):
Sorcerer 75%
Merc 15%
Op 10%

So, I have to disagree with you. Mercs, start queueing as healers! I'm tired of having silly bubbles around me every FP. I want more PEWPEWPEW.
I think you're missing the point as well for lack of reading my post before responding. i never said merc is a bad healing class and sucks at healing. But if you want to get on the side of queueing for a role you aren't going to play then ok....

If someone chooses to play a dps i'm so sorry their queue times are longer, that's their choice. That doesn't make it ok to queue as a healer when you are not going to heal just to get quicker queue times because that's f-ing things up for people who do actually intend to heal. And as of yet I have not once been in a flashpoint with a merc who actually healed, if they do then by all means queue as a healer.

McCamper
04.16.2013 , 12:38 PM | #8
I've had the same problem with Commandos.
Every FP I've done this week, except one, had a Commando healer who wasn't healing. Whenever I checked the gear of the Commando healer they, for some reason, had the wrong equipment on (Willpower, Cunning, Strength), it's ridiculous.
I have a Commando healer, it's easy. Most of the time I just have to spam Rapid Fire or whatever it is, and Kolto Bomb.

SW_display_name
04.16.2013 , 12:41 PM | #9
You said
Quote: Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
I like playing the healing role but i've noticed it takes so long to pop for a flashpoint queue as healer because half the population plays mercs and queue as healer.[
and
Quote:
I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves.
and
Quote:
If you want to dps then dps, but don't clog up the healer queue and take up a spot in a flashpoint for a real healer.
Which I disagreed with because
  • I don't actually see that many Mercs in my groups as Healer, and I run a lot of FPs since my Tank queue pops constantly
  • When I do have a Merc healer, they do a very good job and aren't trying to off-spec it as DPS. And certainly not any more often than Sorcs or Ops that I might encounter doing that (rarely).

I don't see how my response is mis-reading anything you said. I'm just disagreeing with you: sure, people queueing as the "wrong" role is annoying, but I don't see it happening disproportionately more with Mercs. And almost all the Mercs I encounter are good at their role.

VigDiath
04.16.2013 , 01:07 PM | #10
It happens quite a bit and you can tell it's a DPS queueing as a healer and not actual heals because they have none of the actual main healing abilities that that a Bodyguard or Combat Medic spec would have. They just throw out a few small heals and hope they can DPS bosses down before everyone dies.

Happened in an Esseles run and Taral V while I was tanking on my Shadow.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)