Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ONe time password freaking annoying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ONe time password freaking annoying
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CaptainAnn
04.16.2013 , 11:28 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by GAULSTON View Post
How is this a "one time" password Bioware? It is seriously annoying. Will be cancellin my subscription if you don't fix this soon.
Excessive length of time for EACH one-time pass word to arrive - by which time it is out of time and the one time password screen will not accept it.

Obnoxious cut and paste emails from customer dis-service goons.

I only pay a subscription to play the game. If you make it impossible to get onto the game then I ain't going to pay, am I, Bioware?

From the last three days I have a more than a dozen one time password emails sitting in my inbox! Only a handful worked.

All I want to be able to do is to log on, without delay and play the game!

CaptainAnn
04.16.2013 , 11:48 AM | #112
7 attempts this evening before I could get logged on.

Of course, Bioware couldn't even send out emailed passwords promptly so there was a delay after each attempt.

Nearly 40 minutes before I could get logged on.

Care to respond to this complaint with something other than a smug and obnoxious cut and paste answer, Bioware/EA?

Kilora
04.16.2013 , 11:51 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainAnn View Post
7 attempts this evening before I could get logged on.

Of course, Bioware couldn't even send out emailed passwords promptly so there was a delay after each attempt.

Nearly 40 minutes before I could get logged on.

Care to respond to this complaint with something other than a smug and obnoxious cut and paste answer, Bioware/EA?
Seriously, can you just call them and stop posting everywhere on the forums complaining about the same thing? There's a number posted for a reason -- this is something that is happening solely to you at this point in time, and no one on the forums can or will fix anything.

Calling CS is your only option -- AND the best option.

Vize
04.16.2013 , 12:03 PM | #114
Yes it is annoying to put it lightly. YOU definitely want to enable cookies or w/e the answer is so once your logged in you won't have to do it again. I got in then went to change sw's and had another prompt for a 1-time...was like ***. Time delay on them as well as previously said.

Ugh just ugh...only advice is cookie enable so you trudge through that b.s. just once.

Blackavaar
04.16.2013 , 12:08 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Seriously, can you just call them and stop posting everywhere on the forums complaining about the same thing? There's a number posted for a reason -- this is something that is happening solely to you at this point in time, and no one on the forums can or will fix anything.

Calling CS is your only option -- AND the best option.
He is not the only one this is happening to. I had the same issue this morning. The emails don't send out in time. The time limit on the password runs out. Took me three tries and 15 min (not as long as him but still) to get logged in. Many others are talking about it in game and they say that they have stopped coming to the forums because they simply can't log in. So, that's why you're not hearing this from more players.

Really, this "One Time Password" is just forcing us to use a security key without having a security key and it doesn't work properly. It needs to be fixed.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Kilora
04.16.2013 , 12:24 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
He is not the only one this is happening to. I had the same issue this morning. The emails don't send out in time. The time limit on the password runs out. Took me three tries and 15 min (not as long as him but still) to get logged in. Many others are talking about it in game and they say that they have stopped coming to the forums because they simply can't log in. So, that's why you're not hearing this from more players.

Really, this "One Time Password" is just forcing us to use a security key without having a security key and it doesn't work properly. It needs to be fixed.

It really doesn't matter if 1 person or 30 people or 100 people are having this issue. Posting continuously on 4+ different threads won't solve the problem. Considering we've seen people complaining for months about these issues with no solutions being tossed out by BW.

Basic common sense says to call in to CS for help. Complain enough, and maybe you'll be given a free physical key.

FuryoftheStars
04.16.2013 , 03:04 PM | #117
Complain enough, and maybe you'll be given a free physical key.
Umm... isn't that what this thread is doing?

There are 2 avenues open to people to complain/report things to BW/EA, calling in to CS, or posting on the forums. Telling people that on the forums is the wrong place to complain is incorrect. If you were to tell them they picked the wrong section to complain in, that would be correct.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Phillip_BW
04.16.2013 , 03:25 PM | #118 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Apologies for the lack of direct replies. Given the number of different threads, I've posted a new thread covering the different issues, and an update can be found at: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626829

Phillip Holmes
SWTOR Head of Security

Blackavaar
04.16.2013 , 04:05 PM | #119
It really doesn't matter if 1 person or 30 people or 100 people are having this issue. Posting continuously on 4+ different threads won't solve the problem. Considering we've seen people complaining for months about these issues with no solutions being tossed out by BW.

Basic common sense says to call in to CS for help. Complain enough, and maybe you'll be given a free physical key.
Apparently you were wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post

Apologies for the lack of direct replies. Given the number of different threads, I've posted a new thread covering the different issues, and an update can be found at: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626829
Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

DemonMoMana
09.24.2013 , 11:06 PM | #120
Is it just me or does it take a very long time for updates when there is patch or fix. I am fairly new at this game but I tried to log on a 4:30 pm and it is still updating at 1 am. Been waiting all day have no play time left have to go to bed. What do they do delete whole game installation then start from scratch because I don't remember it taking that long when I installed it. DemonMoMana