Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear level for HM flashpoint

jsmithh
04.15.2013 , 07:29 AM | #1
hello, kinda a noob question, so bear with me

before, upon reaching 50, we got a set of tionese gear (rating 126) and that would be enough to start HM FP. Now, obviously, rating 146 is the new starter gear for lvl 50, so is there anything in-between ? I probably can't start doing HM FP with ratings 116 can I ? (probably not as guardian tank anyways, I would not be able to hold much aggro vs the high-dps). I don't have the expansion either.

thanks

Eternalnight
04.15.2013 , 09:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jsmithh View Post
before, upon reaching 50, we got a set of tionese gear
And before that people did not get even tionese gear until after having done multiple hm flashpoints (and they were harder too back then)

Now you can of course just do dailies for some classic commendations and buy a few pieces of gear, but that really isn't needed.

Or you can alternatively buy all kinds of crafted gear.

Hylentor
04.15.2013 , 10:56 AM | #3
The odds are pretty good you'll end up running with people with gear over and above tionese anyway, so as long as you let the group know if you haven't done it so they can tell you anything funky with any battles, you should be fine.

If you happen to get matched up with a group of first timers, there's always the old fashioned wipe-and-learn which is more likely with lower gear

jsmithh
04.15.2013 , 11:15 AM | #4
thanks for the replies! i'm a new player so I didn't know they didn't even give tionese gear. Must have been hard back then!
oh I forgot about the dailies lol. stupid me. So I guess the way to go is to grind dailies combined with some standard mode flashpoint to gain some classic comms. thanks again!

Ausgelebt
04.15.2013 , 01:19 PM | #5
buy expansion

lvl to 55

easymode all 50 fps.

LtKettch
04.15.2013 , 01:45 PM | #6
Save your planetary commendation as you're approaching 50, through Voss and Corellia so that you've got 50 commendations and then take them to a Makeb planetary vendor either on Makeb or the Fleet and buy some 140 rated item mods. 50 comms will only buy like 3 gear slots worth of mods (armor/mod/enhancement) but it'll make a huge difference, for a guardian it might be best to buy 5 armoring mods.

Back in the day (a Wednesday), we used to run HM FPs in sub 124 rated gear, so it can be done with some questionable gear.
Noblesse Oblige
NepheniCommando | Civiars'huSage | VaulkeGuardian
BrunetVanguard | DoubloonsScoundrel | GlyciniaSentinel

Sidiars'huOperative | Mir'ta'GevPowertech | ToridAssassin
ShinonSniper | HordaqMarauder