Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused over new Armour for 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Confused over new Armour for 2.0

Avorniel
04.14.2013 , 04:02 PM | #1
Hi all

I have a Gunslinger shes just dinged 53 and wont be long before shes 55 she is kitted out at present in a mix of BH/Columi armour went to see what I can upgrade as i have a lot of basic comms and classic comms.

What I noticed is the basic comm gear Called TD-21 Dread Scout gear has no accuracy or any armour bonus on any of the set items is this right ? as going by my current gear it has both and i thought Accuracy was important to gunslingers.

Don't have any elite comms as I have not done any op's yet but i notice theses have accuracy and armour bonus on them.

So as the title said I'm confused lol
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

Zaor_Alexandros
04.14.2013 , 04:15 PM | #2
I'm on the same wagon. But my problem is more aggravated because I had to stop playing for two whole months and just returned and I am very confused by the armor stat changes myself.
Do or Do Not, There is no Try

PhoenixFyrelO
04.14.2013 , 04:26 PM | #3
This has always been the case where the armor from the vendor is not properly optimized for BIS, though thankfully its mostly only secondary stats we have to worry about now and not having high endurance mods on dps gear.

Anyway, basic gear doesn't have a set bonus, period. It's like black hole gear in that the stats are a buff but you lose set bonus on upgrade. Arkanian and Underworld have the new set bonuses and can only be gotten through token drops in FP's and Ops. Elite and Ultimate comms buy gear of relatively equivalent stats but with no setbonus.

For your last issue, the new dps gear is very accuracy starved so it will take some playing with mods to keep your accuracy around 100/110 %. I recommend spending your Elite/Ultimate comms on cheaper gear with accuracy enhancements, or actually using accuracy augments to make up the difference.
<Memories of Xendor>
Prophecy of the Five

Avorniel
04.15.2013 , 03:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixFyrelO View Post
This has always been the case where the armor from the vendor is not properly optimized for BIS, though thankfully its mostly only secondary stats we have to worry about now and not having high endurance mods on dps gear.

Anyway, basic gear doesn't have a set bonus, period. It's like black hole gear in that the stats are a buff but you lose set bonus on upgrade. Arkanian and Underworld have the new set bonuses and can only be gotten through token drops in FP's and Ops. Elite and Ultimate comms buy gear of relatively equivalent stats but with no setbonus.

For your last issue, the new dps gear is very accuracy starved so it will take some playing with mods to keep your accuracy around 100/110 %. I recommend spending your Elite/Ultimate comms on cheaper gear with accuracy enhancements, or actually using accuracy augments to make up the difference.
ok thanks for the reply and your time.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

Cookiackus
04.15.2013 , 12:43 PM | #5
I had the same issue when I hit 55. I am in full dreadguard gear and my accuracy dropped to 97%, my surge dropped to 70%, and my crit dropped to 23%. I actually had some spare dreadguard and black hole enhancements lying around so I ended up putting those in. I was able to get my accuracy up to 99.9% and my crit to 30% but my surge took a big hit and is at 63%. I did some parsing with the lower crit and accuracy and with the current crit and accuracy I have now and the nearly 100% accuracy and 30% crit parsed way better even though I took a hit to surge and power. I run a hybrid of the Sabo tree and DF tree so crit is extremely important to my spec, if your running sharpshooter you can trade off your crit to get your surge where you need it to be so the gear optimization should be a lot easier for you.

Thanks,
Loggus
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed