Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much can the Miraluka 'see?'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How much can the Miraluka 'see?'

Oraciion
04.15.2013 , 12:00 AM | #1
I understand that they see through the Force, but to what extent can they do this? I am under the assumption that anything with the Force can be seen, such as plant and animal life, not to mention people, but what about inanimate objects, such as droids, equipment, starships, silverware? Is there anything that tells us about that?

Insaner-Robot
04.15.2013 , 12:15 AM | #2
A paragraph from Wookieepedia on 'Force Sight' the ability the Miraluka use to see:

The Miraluka relied on this power constantly to compensate for their physical blindness. They could not perceive colors but could distinguish organics (even dead) and their alignment from the surrounding environment by their characteristic aura. Most objects, including doors and walls, appeared translucent, allowing to see through them. The Miraluka were the most skilled experts of the technique. Thanks to it, their reflexes were strengthened enormously.

I hope this helps.
I stand with two thousand years of darkness and bafflement and hunger behind me, my kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jeers for your internet assembled philosophy!
C.E. OWNER

SithKoriandr
04.15.2013 , 12:18 AM | #3
Always thought of it as something akin to how Daredevil "saw" in the movie, with colors added in as auras.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

AlexDougherty
04.15.2013 , 03:39 AM | #4
Scene in Kotor2 show Visas Marr seeing everything as translucent green shapes, the shapes were polygonal with lines that reminded me of the 1980's game "Elite", she could see object behind other objects and walls, all in all it was kind of matrixy but without the numbers.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.