Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Empire really driven that far back?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is the Empire really driven that far back?

TalonVII
04.14.2013 , 02:09 PM | #11
Why is the Empire being thrown that far off?

Lets see the Empire lost the following:

Spoiler

Only took:

Spoiler

So really, if you read the spoilers, plus all the infighting...what do you expect?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Zaxem
04.14.2013 , 02:24 PM | #12
is makeb suspose to take place b4 or after black hole because there is a conversation option with marr and you say but we won" ilium and corellia." but from what I understand we lost corellia and black hole is just to make it worthless for the republic
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

stormdrakelord
04.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #13
wasn't Taris supposed to be a symbolic victory/Morale booster for the Republic?
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

CommanderKool
04.14.2013 , 02:54 PM | #14
The empire lost corellia, balmorra and ilum. That coupled with sith infighting and malgus's betrayal, the damage inflicted on DK have pushed the empire back.

chuixupu
04.14.2013 , 03:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampori View Post
And with the new lead writer being the writer who did the JK story (very mediocre at best) it's not looking hopeful for us.
Just FYI, The guy who wrote the Imperial Agent story wrote the Makeb Imperial storyline (though he is now freelance).

The Smuggler/JK wrtier has *always* held the title "lead writer" along with all the class writers, he isn't the only one still writing and it doesn't mean he's in total control of where the story will go and that he is Republic biased. But we all know the Empire loses, anyway, that's a given since we're playing in the past.

Also, regarding Darth Jadus

Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Kampori
04.14.2013 , 10:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Just FYI, The guy who wrote the Imperial Agent story wrote the Makeb Imperial storyline (though he is now freelance).

Also, regarding Darth Jadus

Spoiler
True, but in the end it's just semantics
Spoiler
This Is Not Here

Sniper l Marauder l Assassin l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Sith Empire l CE
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

BradTheImpaler
04.14.2013 , 10:28 PM | #17
Ugh. I need to run a Bounty Hunter next and shoot that bureaucratic Chancellor scum---BAM!---right between the eyes. Then maybe I'll be in a better mood.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Kampori
04.14.2013 , 11:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Ugh. I need to run a Bounty Hunter next and shoot that bureaucratic Chancellor scum---BAM!---right between the eyes. Then maybe I'll be in a better mood.
Despite the knock-on effects it causes, it is supremely satisfying to behead the Supreme Chancellor. and the Sith don't stop kissing your arse afterwards.
This Is Not Here

Sniper l Marauder l Assassin l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Sith Empire l CE
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

BrianDavion
04.14.2013 , 11:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Motivationman View Post
We are in "A new hope" territory still. The empire will strike back soon. Empire won big on Makeb. It got the planet and the Isotope-5. Republic got a bunch of refugees and a dubious alliances with surviving Hutts.
Motivationman has it exactly. right now we're at the end of a new hope. the good guys have their first big victory things are looking up etc.

Makeb has set things in motion for the Empire to regain it's footing. Darth Marr is clearly a smarter, Malgus in that he's going to push through some reforms (he's just not gonna invite attack while doing so)

I imagine the next big expansion will be very much centered on the Empire resurgent.

chuixupu
04.15.2013 , 12:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampori View Post
True, but in the end it's just semantics
Spoiler
Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant