Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please, in the future, remove early access from expansions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please, in the future, remove early access from expansions

bbare
04.13.2013 , 04:13 AM | #1
Or at least phase it in over 5 days giving priority to those who purchased first. It worked so well on launch, why the hell would you change it? Not only is the "5 days or none" a slap in the face to those who tested your game on the PTS but didn't pre-order in time, it is a slap in the face to all subscribers who are wasting 5 days playing an obsolete game.

Its a good idea to have early access on launches. It is not a good idea to have early access on expansions. It makes a lot of people angry, complicates guild progression, and is a vehicle for a lot of misinformation.
The Vanity Legacy

tzagheru
04.13.2013 , 04:14 AM | #2
lol pts testers.

SystemProcess
04.13.2013 , 04:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
Or at least phase it in over 5 days giving priority to those who purchased first. It worked so well on launch, why the hell would you change it? Not only is the "5 days or none" a slap in the face to those who tested your game on the PTS but didn't pre-order in time, it is a slap in the face to all subscribers who are wasting 5 days playing an obsolete game.

Its a good idea to have early access on launches. It is not a good idea to have early access on expansions. It makes a lot of people angry, complicates guild progression, and is a vehicle for a lot of misinformation.
I'm not doing the new content. I have early access. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time.

Could you not have posted in the 50 billion other threads about this topic?
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

bbare
04.13.2013 , 04:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tzagheru View Post
lol pts testers.
Why are you laughing at them? Without lots of people testing the game, you would would have plenty of more bugs to whine about.
The Vanity Legacy

tzagheru
04.13.2013 , 04:21 AM | #5
Why are you laughing at them? Without lots of people testing the game, you would would have plenty of more bugs to whine about.
think im gonna quote you in my sig.

bbare
04.13.2013 , 04:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemProcess View Post
I'm not doing the new content. I have early access. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time.

Could you not have posted in the 50 billion other threads about this topic?
I have not seen a thread yet containing my idea of phasing in early access over a few days so it is something original. I think you are in the very small minority that feels they are not wasting their time.
The Vanity Legacy

SystemProcess
04.13.2013 , 04:33 AM | #7
I have not seen a thread yet containing my idea of phasing in early access over a few days so it is something original. I think you are in the very small minority that feels they are not wasting their time.
Then you should post your idea in one of the existing threads on the topic, rather than making a new one that's going to get the -exact- same reaction. There is even one in the suggestions forum that isn't as bad as a flamefest as the others became.

And I don't feel like I'm wasting time because I'm still playing the game. I have pre-50 alts, I have 50s who PvP, I roleplay with my friends daily. I'm waiting on my friends and boyfriend to get the x-pac to go to Makeb with them, so I find other things to do. I'm not bitter about it. If I get annoyed with ToR, I find something else to do.

It was 5 days. Not really a huge deal.

EDIT:: Also like to point out that you mentioned nothing about phasing in your original post.

The Vercetti Legacy

AlexDougherty
04.13.2013 , 04:38 AM | #8
Logistical nightmare, right now it's a clean you get early access or you don't, with phasing you get people complaining that their access starts in the middle of the night, that a friend who bought later got access earlier (Friend prob does exist but they say), that they don't understand the complexity etc.

Current model of early access is good, we helped fund the expansion, we got early access if we were quick enough (I thought about it for a week and still got it), and their is little or no confusion on the issue, plenty of complaining but not much confusion.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

RICKTHELEGEND
04.13.2013 , 04:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemProcess View Post
Then you should post your idea in one of the existing threads on the topic, rather than making a new one that's going to get the -exact- same reaction. There is even one in the suggestions forum that isn't as bad as a flamefest as the others became.

And I don't feel like I'm wasting time because I'm still playing the game. I have pre-50 alts, I have 50s who PvP, I roleplay with my friends daily. I'm waiting on my friends and boyfriend to get the x-pac to go to Makeb with them, so I find other things to do. I'm not bitter about it. If I get annoyed with ToR, I find something else to do.

It was 5 days. Not really a huge deal.
I'm on the same boat with you friend. i only just started the expansion today because my friends have finally become available. we too have a few alts, one for pvp, one for pve, and the others for leveling.

But you're definitely right. People just cant constructively create a meaningful argument for this expansion, because really...they just can't I don't buy the whole "seperated Community "crap, or even this so called "empty game" deal.

its 5 days. not a month. 5 days that work and/or school makes the time feel like nothing. Yet people have this "HE GOT ICE-CREAM, I WANT ICE CREAM TOO!" attitude. It just proves how much the whiney brats that feel entitled for their mistakes, act like on these forums.

SystemProcess
04.13.2013 , 04:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RICKTHELEGEND View Post
I'm on the same boat with you friend. i only just started the expansion today because my friends have finally become available. we too have a few alts, one for pvp, one for pve, and the others for leveling.

But you're definitely right. People just cant constructively create a meaningful argument for this expansion, because really...they just can't I don't buy the whole "seperated Community "crap, or even this so called "empty game" deal.

its 5 days. not a month. 5 days that work and/or school makes the time feel like nothing. Yet people have this "HE GOT ICE-CREAM, I WANT ICE CREAM TOO!" attitude. It just proves how much the whiney brats that feel entitled for their mistakes, act like on these forums.
Not only that, but it really shows how little people enjoy the game as, well, a game. It's like...I'm enjoying myself and I'm holding back to play with my friends because I know it will be a much better experience than madly grinding solo to 55. I got to 52 casually through warzones with my guild because it's something we -can- all do together with the new brackets. I know roleplay isn't for everyone, but that takes up a majority of my time and is a great distraction from the rat race that seems to be MMOs these days.

Yes, I love getting good gear and getting to max level. I'm fully capped out in WZ/RWZ comms for whenever I hit 55 to jumpstart me through some PvP, and I'm not sweating about it.

The Vercetti Legacy