Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Vanguard
Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

mfourcustom
04.12.2013 , 09:41 PM | #1
I know your all on your high hourses atm with the new patch at all but in a few weeks or something could you please take a look at what you have done to the VG/PT dps class? you guys have made pvp all about burst and thats fine but you have taken all our burst away, don't get be worng vanguards will still pull good numbers but you have taken away our precision burst thats what made our class playable. Our class cant 1v1 any other class we have super low survivability as far as utility goes i understand you gave us hold the line but none of that really matters if our TTK is so slow while commandos, shadows, and snipers, are killing people in 3 to 4 gcds.. My vanguard is my main as with many other people we are not all just FOTM players that rolled vgs/pts a few months back to fallow the fotm trend some of us have played our VGs/PTs since launch and held high positions in rated pvp teams and pvp circles around the servers... i hope you guys atleast think about looking at this problem becasue as things stand right now our class has been gutted and we are worthless in pvp.

-thank you
unsubbed
Uninstalled
Learn to dev bioware.

Siphorus
04.12.2013 , 10:05 PM | #2
The underpowered techs achievement suits us now.
Deft - The bastion

Daylooin
04.12.2013 , 10:22 PM | #3
BW, you seriously need to buff vanguards back up, you have destroyed our class

_jakofett_
04.12.2013 , 11:30 PM | #4
I hit 55 and have instantly noticed I STRUGGLE to kill things. Before 2.0 all the healers I knew cowered in fear if the saw me, now the giggle and throw 1/3 heals on themselves. If the plasma cell damage and assault plastique are simply restored to 1.7 all will be fixed. HOW COULD YOU MESS UP SUCH A SIMPLE DPS SETUP SOOOO BAD! I will no longer play pvp on my vanguard, he is now solely a pve tank. Thank you Bioware for murdering the class I love.
Jakofett - Jedi Covenant
Thrawn - Jedi Covenant

Kodite
04.13.2013 , 02:03 AM | #5
Bump

No burst
Bad survivability
Easily countered
Crap pve dps

ScytheEleven
04.13.2013 , 05:42 AM | #6
/signed.

Burst damage gone.

Sustained PVE DPS cut.

yay for tanking?

kendawgg
04.13.2013 , 11:01 AM | #7
/signed
Fyre-bug POT5 Powertech

Aetrus
04.13.2013 , 02:19 PM | #8
Signed. Dunno how you let smashmonkeys off the hook, but totally ruined PT DPS. Here's a thought for balance: if a class needs to get within 10m to deal 80% of its damage, you might want to give it either A) high burst to kill its targets before its focused and killed, or B) Good defensive CDs to use so it can kill its targets before its focused and killed. You ****ed up both. Good job.

oberyn
04.13.2013 , 02:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodite View Post
Bump

No burst
Bad survivability
Easily countered
Crap pve dps
agree 100%

oberyn
04.13.2013 , 03:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AnusReaper View Post
Signed. Dunno how you let smashmonkeys off the hook, but totally ruined PT DPS. Here's a thought for balance: if a class needs to get within 10m to deal 80% of its damage, you might want to give it either A) high burst to kill its targets before its focused and killed, or B) Good defensive CDs to use so it can kill its targets before its focused and killed. You ****ed up both. Good job.
also agree 100%