Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Classic Comms and the Old Elder Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DawnAskham
04.12.2013 , 02:55 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
This.

I hate running dailies, but I have been running BH, Belsavis this past week, trying to gear up my companion for Sunday.
With the cap at 200 and most pieces costing between120 - 150 comms, just how are you 'just run dailies' people going to gear up yourself AND your companion, especially by Sunday?

At best, you will get one new piece of gear for yourself OR your companion without farming FPs - which with the cap might be difficult, especially if you are dps, as players like myself with multiple tanks won't bother to run FPs if we will lose comms due to this arbitrary cap.

This is why the cap is stupid and the change they have stated (dropping the cap) should be implemented as soon as possible.

It makes no sense to cap comms useful only for leveling / companion gear.

And while it is nice to see they are 'correcting' this, all of this same feedback was provided on the PTS, so the cap should never have made it live.

Kaidan_Samurai
04.12.2013 , 03:36 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
The weekly cap on Classic Commendations will be removed in an upcoming patch.

So what happens to the comms that were lost in the conversion? If the cap is being removed should I not receive my full conversion value? (Not to mention all the people who spent their comms before 2.0 because of the cap.)
Kaidansan 55 Mercenary
Kåen 51 Powertech | Shokunin 50 Operative
Inäri 55 Sorcerer | Anayama 50 Marauder .
The Samurai Legacy (50) on Jedi Covenant

hobbesmaster
04.12.2013 , 03:59 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaidan_Samurai View Post
So what happens to the comms that were lost in the conversion? If the cap is being removed should I not receive my full conversion value? (Not to mention all the people who spent their comms before 2.0 because of the cap.)
They're removing the weekly cap not the storage cap.

Kyleslater
04.12.2013 , 04:09 PM | #34
I wanna see the weekly cap removed for basic comms too. though not like it really matters.

Kaidan_Samurai
04.12.2013 , 05:40 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by hobbesmaster View Post
They're removing the weekly cap not the storage cap.
Oh I understand now... Carry on then.
Kaidansan 55 Mercenary
Kåen 51 Powertech | Shokunin 50 Operative
Inäri 55 Sorcerer | Anayama 50 Marauder .
The Samurai Legacy (50) on Jedi Covenant

Matthiusis
04.12.2013 , 07:28 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
The weekly cap on Classic Commendations will be removed in an upcoming patch.

Incidentally, there is currently a bug that causes the game to warn you that you've exceeded your weekly cap even when you are at 0 in your weekly progress (it's erroneously looking at your total commendations). Make sure you check the actual weekly progress value displayed in your currency tab.

Ahhh, thank you very, very much. Hopefully the cap on the Basics and other elder game comms will be removed as well or it will be pointless, as all the people here on my thread will be level 50+ and mostly 55 and will be collecting up basic's, ultimate's and elite's. However that is good news, even if you play many alts. I reached the cap in one day on my sentinel, if i had alts I'd have reached the weekly limit on those as well. I do help manage a guild and many of the people that help me run it have not run into the cap, because they are helping other guildies. In this manner I guess the cap is effective- most people don't run around helping guildies though.

znihilist
04.12.2013 , 08:32 PM | #37
Only the weekly ? sigh!
But still a move in the right direction.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith Emperor
My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium--it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars.

Deedrah
04.13.2013 , 02:08 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Cpnneeda View Post
And lastly, where is it I can turn in the Columi Pieces for the Classic comms? I have 2 of them that I saved, where do I turn them in?
There is a vendor in the Gav Daragon (or the equivalent for the Empire).

Justbee
04.13.2013 , 09:48 AM | #39
U only remove the cap from classic comms ? quite useless, no one will care for these comms in 2 weeks. basic, elite and ultimate comms need to be uncapped too....
pls stop coyping world of warcraft, slowing players down and force them to play alts. weekly caps are the worse u can do....
Gemüse schmeckt am besten, wenn man es kurz for dem verzehr durch ein Schnitzel ersetzt!

fitetheforce
04.13.2013 , 10:25 AM | #40
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!