Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did the TTK..... Just get shorter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Did the TTK..... Just get shorter?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Technohic
04.12.2013 , 02:03 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
I wish that guy that kept his parse of hits taken on PTS would come in here and post a new one. Sorry, but forgot who it was.

But he made a nice colored chart of what hits for how much and how often, averaged over a period of time. Now that we're live, doing a few dozen warzones over the weekend would be a good start for making a chart like that.

Hope you read this thread, guy!

Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
It was wainonomememememen or something like that. Smart poster. If I could remember exactly what his name was, I would search for it.
Found it!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615918
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

islander
04.12.2013 , 02:03 PM | #182
I wish that guy that kept his parse of hits taken on PTS would come in here and post a new one. Sorry, but forgot who it was.

But he made a nice colored chart of what hits for how much and how often, averaged over a period of time. Now that we're live, doing a few dozen warzones over the weekend would be a good start for making a chart like that.

Definitely!
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarkPharohEclip
04.12.2013 , 02:03 PM | #183

let me guess, the devs deleted that thread too?

Heezdedjim
04.12.2013 , 02:08 PM | #184
Just one bit of advice Dave:

You know there are people you can get to do things like this for you, without all this bellyaching. They're called interns. If they're in school, you don't even have to pay them. Even a single lazy intern could take a single work day and go through every set of endgame gear in the game, on every advanced class, in and out of warzones, and give you the full stats you're asking for on every permutation. If they're not lazy, they could do it in half a day.

If you have two of them around, you could have them spend another whole day pairing up with every permutation of the mirror classes and hitting each other 20 times each with every ability of every class, to record the average damage done and crit frequency in practice.

Have them repeat this test with two naked toons, and you would see exactly what needs to be done, and where you need to do it.

Again, these people are free labor for you. You could probably get two full teams to run warzones against each other non-stop for a week, giving them full access to all classes and gear, and seeing what they wind up playing and what their impressions are of what works and what doesn't. You might at long last learn something about how your game actually works.

islander
04.12.2013 , 02:13 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Just one bit of advice Dave:

You know there are people you can get to do things like this for you, without all this bellyaching. They're called interns. If they're in school, you don't even have to pay them. Even a single lazy intern could take a single work day and go through every set of endgame gear in the game, on every advanced class, in and out of warzones, and give you the full stats you're asking for on every permutation. If they're not lazy, they could do it in half a day.

If you have two of them around, you could have them spend another whole day pairing up with every permutation of the mirror classes and hitting each other 20 times each with every ability of every class, to record the average damage done and crit frequency in practice.

Have them repeat this test with two naked toons, and you would see exactly what needs to be done, and where you need to do it.

Again, these people are free labor for you. You could probably get two full teams to run warzones against each other non-stop for a week, giving them full access to all classes and gear, and seeing what they wind up playing and what their impressions are of what works and what doesn't. You might at long last learn something about how your game actually works.
Sounds like a fun internship tbh.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Monterone
04.12.2013 , 02:13 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Nice find man!

Here you go BW, start here...

PTS Damage Chart
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Monterone
04.12.2013 , 02:28 PM | #187
If two things were done, I bet people would say it's a well balanced game and would enjoy playing it.

1. Remove autocrit from smash and lower its damage. Re-balance the Rage tree to up single target dps due to this change.

2. Manipulate damage reduction from expertise until desired TTK is reached. Now, I know 60% and 37.5% cancel each other out, but why not up the reduction to a flat 40%, this would increase survivability in PvP and lengthen TTK without any other major changes. It would be the same as adding a, let's say, 5% trauma on damage in addition to the healing trauma we already have, but it's easier to do just by changing the expertise numbers.

Anyways, just suggestions... but you won't have a balanced game for PvP as long as Smash is the only ability making that large pyramid on the chart.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

mulzii
04.12.2013 , 02:32 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Here's a question - Is your sniper who's 52 putting out 600-800k in warzones? Cause see, I've been in about 25 warzones 30-54 now, and maybe once I've seen a sniper hit that number (700k+). I hit 300-550k in warzones (30-54) and my output has proven reasonably balanced compared to other classes (PT, Warriors).
I
To be honest, i've parked all by Imp 50's. They are all full EWH, and have 5-6k less HP than my lowbie RePs, which is just stupid. And i refuse to fight naked, which i did for a bit. So i cannot give data points on a 50's sniper.

My slinger though, is 38 now. and at a minimium gets 400k, and usually upwards of 700k+, depending on what i'm doing and the WZ. The high end dmg comes in the maps that i don't have to move between nodes much, like huttball and void and CW. I broke 1 milion in Huttball last night, but that was a one-off. people left me alone and i dont think i ever moved, just pewpewed the middle. As for dying, I've gotten really good at kiting, and using/saving dodge/sp/cc's for specific classes/skills they use against me. and i always, always keep a surprise or too for stealthies that will eventually come for me. I'm kinda twitchy that way. Now on my sentinel/shadow, i'm dying aplenty...

Jaiyne
04.12.2013 , 02:42 PM | #189
Could part of the problem be potentially (idk) stats like this 90% surge on my guildie?

http://i.imgur.com/bk2nnXD.jpg
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

EricMusco
04.12.2013 , 02:49 PM | #190 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
On the note of TTK, for anyone that has gotten the Level 55 PvP gear, what is your healing from expertise bonus? On the PTS it was only 21% for me in full Conqueror -- the patch notes explicitly say you are supposed to have 35%. If that issue hasn't been resolved, well, that may be why TTK is low.
I wanted to pop in and clarify as we actually had some things noted incorrectly in our patch notes. Here is the rundown:

TLDR - Expertise cap for healing is now 20%, up from 15% (was incorrectly listed as 35%). The Trauma healing effect is now 35%, up from 30%

Diminishing returns on Expertise was removed for healing, however the cap was supposed to be listed as 20%, not 35%. You will notice that this cap is UP 5% from what it was pre-2.0. On the other side of this, another change which was not noted is that the Trauma effect in PvP (the effect which reduces healing) was actually increased from 30% to 35%.

What this will mean in PvP is that players wearing Expertise gear would technically see no change in their effective healing. However, players who are wearing little or no expertise gear would see their effective healing lowered.

We have gone ahead and corrected those errors on the patch notes, we apologize for any confusion that caused. I hope that clears things up.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]