Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A little concerned, need some feedback please...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Powertech
A little concerned, need some feedback please...

Darth_Precursor
12.21.2011 , 12:40 AM | #11
Note to self:

Be ready for Tatooine.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Morzak
12.21.2011 , 04:56 AM | #12
This is great to hear, im on Balmorra at the momment and honestly the difficulty until now was a joke, have to really push it to get in trouble. Another problem is that you overlevel content, if you do some FP and WZ. I'm now thinking of finishing only the StoryQuest on Ballmorra because im already 20.

ChosenPredator
12.21.2011 , 05:19 AM | #13
I've only done story quest and sidequest - doing heroic stuff is near impossible unless you over level which is what im doing to finish things i couldn't earlier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSKh...el_video_title check out my helmet building progress tokusatsu inspired & some bounty hunter inspiration.

Thuull
12.21.2011 , 08:30 AM | #14
Okay, came back to revisit this and update.

I' spent the past day of playing (probably about 4-5 hours total) with the knowledge that I need to get a bit tougher before continuing on with the quest-line.

I went back to Nar Shaddaa and spent my left over commendations on a head slot upgrade, and solo'd the Heroic quests that I skipped...got some nice stuff from those that I had "missed out on". I then hit the global market and dropped about 10k credits on upgrades of other weak slots I had on Mako and myself.

Then I re-evaluated my combat priority lists to focus a bit more on damage. Being a tank spec, I was relying largely on my ability to stay alive with Mako's heals and simply outlasting my opponents, not worrying all that much about damage output, just widdling them down. With that no longer being a good option, I added more focus on to DPS and am now balancing the two.

I went back this morning and played for about 2 more hours...back on Tattooine, back on my quest-line.

I'm here to report that the efforts paid off nicely...I am back to being able to solo the quest line quite nicely. It's not the faceroll it was before Tatooine, but it is completely doable albeit a little bit slower than it used to be.

And I do enjoy it, now that I no longer have the faceroll. I have to think about the engagements, and execute them well...that is a fantastic sign for later in the game. Like one poster above me pointed out, this is a good thing. Won't get bored.

Cheers!

Thuull

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 08:53 AM | #15
Glad to hear it!

Sandokann
12.21.2011 , 10:10 AM | #16
Overlvling before going to the "next area" have been a must for me in many previous mmorpgs, in this case you got the options of PVPing a little every night before going to sleep, doing some operations and so, mainly staying 1 or 2 lvls over the average lvl of the area make everything easier and faster.
Its always better to farm a little bit after each quest line if you find a good area of easy mobs than having to resurrect or ask for help in the middle of a hard heroic.
And time is money friend !
Sandokann Ex-Beastlord of Mortalis in Antonious Bayle EQ
Tanja of Afterlife, Ex-Jedi of Aartan Ridge in Proudstar SWG
Sando Ex-Redmage and Ex-Hunter Shadows of Doom WOW