Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The heroic 4 at the end of seeker droid quest chain...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The heroic 4 at the end of seeker droid quest chain...

Taleek
04.10.2013 , 11:28 PM | #1
The Heroic 4 at the end of the seeker droid quest chain is probably overtuned. The first part where you have to use the power cells to get the turrets up while maintaining the forcefield was fine, and actually pretty cool and fun, but the second boss, the corrupted sithspawn, was ridiculous. The mechanics are simple enough in theory, first you break the tentacles on the crates and let him jump on them, rupturing them and making him more vulnerable to damage, kind of like Kephess in TFB, however in practice it was an absolute nightmare that took us probably close to an hour to complete.

The first time we had no idea what we were doing, we figured it out but by that point it was too late. Basically our problem was two-fold, firstly the hit detection on the exploding barrels is atrocious, half the time even when we were right on top of it, the barrel would not break and he would not be more vulnerable. Secondly, his heal is very sudden and unexpected, and not telegraphed at all until you know to look for it. Further, the amount he heals in such a short time is a bit ridiculous imo, fine punish the group for missing one, but he heals like 1/5 of his health if you don't interrupt it, which can quickly get incredibly frustrating as if you miss more than one the fight is essentially impossible to complete, due to running out of barrels, and you are forced to wipe it or sit there for an hour, taking him down by 4-5% every few minutes. The DPS he and the tentacles do is fine, it's just that he takes way too long to kill if you don't do every last little thing exactly correctly.

The last boss suffers from the opposite problem. He starts out just fine, and it looks like everything will be pretty good until the crystal phase comes up. Firstly the person collecting the crystal usually gets interrupted, and we didn't find a way to prevent this, so it takes longer than it seems it should for them to get the crystal. After the first crystal phase we attempted to adjust for this by having me, the tank, draw his aggro to try to keep him from interrupting collection. However, I was hit with a wide area AoE around him, which, again, didn't seem to have any telegraphs, not even an AoE marker. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late, and I was dead before I could even properly react.

Granted, I'm sure this would have been smoother if our gear had been better (campaign with a little basic sprinkled in), and we weren't a level below, but still, we had no trouble clearing other heroic 4s which we underleveled by considerably more. To me it felt like this heroic was tuned for a group in Black Market or Arkanian.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Frezzertwo
04.11.2013 , 05:50 AM | #2
The second Boss is a pain, we had the same problem with him jumping on the barrels and not exploding. The last boss though didnt interrupt the one who was farming the crystals at all. We 2 maned it in full dread guard, it wasnt that hard.

Taleek
04.11.2013 , 10:34 AM | #3
Perhaps we were doing something wrong. Oh well, thanks for at least confirming the second boss is an SoB :P
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."