Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Classic Comms and the Old Elder Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Matthiusis
04.11.2013 , 08:17 AM | #1
I will not play flashpoints, or daily's of any-kind now after i have reached my weekly limit on classic comms. Why are they so terribly low as a weekly limit. Don't they understand that a person can reach that limit in 1 day. As a new level 50 I looked forward to getting my new gear and I didn't utilize the double xp but instead stuck it out with my 50 trying to get him caught up to everyone else who had full campaign and companions in full Columi. Now it looks like I have completely wasted my time and still continue to do so by reaching the weekly cap. I have wasted today alone on a daily and another weekly for an Ops and FP about 50 to 75 comms. Unassembled Columi is being dropped in SM's- (to be turned in for more classic comms that get you to the weekly limit even faster). So then what is the point of adding all this extra content that we wont even want to do because we wont reap any reward for doing it when we reach our weekly limit? None, no point at all.

Pantaro
04.11.2013 , 08:52 AM | #2
pretty much what I have been saying and posting as feedback since it was on PTS but apprently they don't care and want to lose more customers now they will have to deal with everyone raging about it.

But just like you I don't even wanna bother with end game right now makes no sense at all!

Atramar
04.11.2013 , 09:00 AM | #3
I think it's to encourage playing alts and different aspects of game.
maxed comms? go pvp.
dont like pvp? go alts.
dont have alts? go space missions.
(I am not telling you what to do, nor I'm justifying BIO/EA actions, I'm looking for possible reasons behind it)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Pantaro
04.11.2013 , 09:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
I think it's to encourage playing alts and different aspects of game.
maxed comms? go pvp.
dont like pvp? go alts.
dont have alts? go space missions.
(I am not telling you what to do, nor I'm justifying BIO/EA actions, I'm looking for possible reasons behind it)
I hear what your saying find the positive in other areas.Just really sucks when you have been alting it up for like a year and pretty much it makes you just wanna put your max levels on vacation for a week.

Brittaany_Banks
04.11.2013 , 09:18 AM | #5
I do not think it is beyond reason to at least double the weekly limit, and total limit of classic comms
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

wainot-keel
04.11.2013 , 09:42 AM | #6
yeah, imagine group finder once tanks and healers have their weekly caps done.... better luck next week, kid , lol

Pantaro
04.11.2013 , 09:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
yeah, imagine group finder once tanks and healers have their weekly caps done.... better luck next week, kid , lol
exactly why this is disturbing,my healer hit the cap in a day! guess what? i don't log in with that healer. many are gonna do the same

Cpnneeda
04.11.2013 , 09:58 AM | #8
I've already dropped a day of running my smuggler. 160/200 comms in 2 days time, think I'm over limit now, and I haven't even run my dailies.

I used to run my dailies while I waited for the GF to find me a group. Now, it's like I have to try one or the other. Not both, or you end up waisting Comms. Although, I haven't seen anything but Relics that I actually should use them for.

Matthiusis
04.11.2013 , 10:03 AM | #9
I agree with the whole "move on to other things in the game" once you get capped on what your currently doing, but that defeats the whole open world-do missions as you want-when you want, and where you want. It creates an environment that is directed in the way that Bioware/Game Executives want you to go in, not the direction you want. It also defeats the competitive edge of the game. Maybe they will take the caps away if we all complain about them. I think they did it backwards. They should have capped the people that are 55 or above, and let the others catch up to them, if they truly wanted to level the playing field.

Cpnneeda
04.11.2013 , 10:11 AM | #10
Well, I could understand a cap of TOTAL comms. E.G. you can only have 500 Classics at a time. This would promote spending, which would promote more play time to keep your totals up. But to limit how much I can earn in a week, to a value WAY LESS that what can be earned in a 2-3 days tops is confusing. Like they don't want us to spend to much time enjoying a certain character/class.