Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nommaz
04.11.2013 , 03:21 AM | #5061
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
so when is the merge happening?
Didn't you ask this already? maybe you only read some posts and missed where this has been asked about 20 times... no one knows, they don't even have the tech yet, hopefully not for a long time.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

deltadt
04.11.2013 , 07:55 AM | #5062
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=622344&page=9

this is what we have to look forward to...
i read that topic it doesn't make me feel good about going to the harbinger.

darthnish
04.11.2013 , 09:08 AM | #5063
Quote: Originally Posted by deltadt View Post
i read that topic it doesn't make me feel good about going to the harbinger.
im implore you to check the apac server forums as well, we are not free from server freezes either http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=622471

soneil
04.11.2013 , 10:08 AM | #5064
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
I'm a little more cynical, I feel they simply did not want to pay to run the servers out here and that's fair enough they should man up and admit it.
I agree with that. I believe that they're not going to merge aussie servers because it's not financially viable. I get that. I just wish they were up front about that.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

soneil
04.11.2013 , 10:09 AM | #5065
Quote: Originally Posted by aliashero View Post
Yeah exactly. Most people understand this.

What most people, me included, seem to be annoyed about is the way they are trying to spin it. If they had just said 'we're closing it down, not making any profit from it, can't support the server costs any longer given the player base on all 3 servers' I think most people would react like this:

'well that sucks, but fair enough.'
Definately this
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

ChuangTzu
04.11.2013 , 02:06 PM | #5066
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
im implore you to check the apac server forums as well, we are not free from server freezes either http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=622471
Apart from these recent problems I can recall only 1 time when the servers crashed with out warning, the Harbinger crashes much more often.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Reble-Dog-Squad
04.11.2013 , 02:40 PM | #5067
When are we getting our transfers, i was hoping to use my toon for the update?

THIS QUESTION IS FOR THE DEV TEAM
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

mrpayday
04.11.2013 , 02:55 PM | #5068
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
Didn't you ask this already? maybe you only read some posts and missed where this has been asked about 20 times... no one knows, they don't even have the tech yet, hopefully not for a long time.
Haven't got the tech yet = too lazy to do the transfers.

They could move us from America and Europe a year ago, and to different server types, but that ancient technology seems to be lost forever.

ChuangTzu
04.11.2013 , 03:34 PM | #5069
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpayday View Post
Haven't got the tech yet = too lazy to do the transfers.

They could move us from America and Europe a year ago, and to different server types, but that ancient technology seems to be lost forever.
If I remember correctly this was done manually, they are working on an automatic transfer system. The copy system for the PTS was not working 100%. So they still have work to do.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

MouldyCrow
04.11.2013 , 03:58 PM | #5070
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
I have over 50 days played on Master D (that was my last count in December)...I think I've been around long enough

For the record, MDN was not the nicest place that you are all seeming to remember with rose-tinted glasses. Some of us got along very well. Others were plain nasty. Lots of griefing and ganking and **** talking in game. Hence, the massive exodus of players from MDN since 1.2.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I would rather the hostile community than playing on high latency. But thats never been a problem for you has it, your latency is crap to both Aus and US. And the servers have been fine TYVM since you left. If anything its gotten better since ROTC. Actual new content after waiting 7 months.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.