Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nommaz
04.10.2013 , 09:14 PM | #5051
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
I think there have been over 50 posts in this thread asking for Eric to come out and say the "real reason" plus another couple hundred posts scattered around these forums trying to argue with Eric's rationale regarding APAC server shut-down, without stopping to consider that there are bigger issues at play here.
We care about the bigger issues as much as they have shown to care about us

iheartnyc
04.10.2013 , 09:22 PM | #5052
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
We care about the bigger issues as much as they have shown to care about us
Just saying, don't get your hopes up anymore is all - I think we've all been disappointed by the slow pace of progress and response time from the developers, and it's time to seriously figure out what to do with our wallets and time, rather than waste our efforts trying to elicit a favorable response from the devs - it's out of their hands as much as it is out of ours.

Nommaz
04.10.2013 , 10:27 PM | #5054
Peter Moore April 5 2013 "We owe gamers better performance than this" Apparently he didn't mean APAC Gamers...

krakl
04.10.2013 , 11:15 PM | #5055
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Well to be blunt, it's very naive (and possibly unintelligent) to expect EA to violate their fiduciary duties to its shareholders and violate their legal obligations by selectively disclosing material non-public information to you on a message board.
Just as an aside, I don't think the profitability of 3 servers for a small market within a single game within EA's entire portfolio would be considered material. I would question any investor who were to consider this information pertinent to whether they hold, buy or sell any EA securities.

Now back on topic for you all to keep yelling at each other.

Retired - <Midian>
Dragonovic Endorra
La'Bella BillyTheTank

Claprica
04.10.2013 , 11:40 PM | #5056
If we're really honest I think the one super server would have been profitable for EAware, however its just not profitable enough for them to justify spending more resources doing the mergers - which is the real kicker.

You'd also think they would be willing to think more about benefits to the company other than monetary ones - especially considering their latest awards.
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server

iheartnyc
04.10.2013 , 11:53 PM | #5057
Quote: Originally Posted by krakl View Post
Just as an aside, I don't think the profitability of 3 servers for a small market within a single game within EA's entire portfolio would be considered material. I would question any investor who were to consider this information pertinent to whether they hold, buy or sell any EA securities.

Now back on topic for you all to keep yelling at each other.

Yeah we just don't know exactly how much these APAC servers cost. We do know that EA saved millions of dollars in a 3-month period after their massive server merges last year. It could be part of a company wide cust-cotting effort and could also be related to the CEO resigning last month. Whatever the case, if costs are the true reason, EA would never admit that to us.

Nommaz
04.11.2013 , 12:39 AM | #5058
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=622344&page=9

this is what we have to look forward to...
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Ren_simp
04.11.2013 , 12:51 AM | #5059
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=622344&page=9

this is what we have to look forward to...
Yeah and after this pvp bolster fiasco I'm thinking its time to cut this turd loose
Republic Diehard

darthnish
04.11.2013 , 03:13 AM | #5060
so when is the merge happening?