Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FerralKoala
04.10.2013 , 04:29 AM | #5031
/bump for super-APAC server (Dalbora) !!!
VIP CE Squadron 419

ChuangTzu
04.10.2013 , 04:02 PM | #5032
I like to hear why we could not atleast have the opportunity to have free transfers to Dalborra and allow a voluntary trial of the super server.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

aliashero
04.10.2013 , 04:49 PM | #5033
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
I like to hear why we could not atleast have the opportunity to have free transfers to Dalborra and allow a voluntary trial of the super server.
Because they don't care and never have cared. And, they try to make out like they care by offering a 'solution' which the majority of players didn't want.

The real reason is there aren't enough players on all three servers combined to make any kind of impact to their profit, so they are destroying the servers and making everyone play on american servers and cutting their losses.

buffgfc
04.10.2013 , 05:21 PM | #5034
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
thats good to hear but can you open the one time transfers to EU as well, as myself and a few matees from japan are playing on it there.
^this

i mistakenly made a character on dalborra when red eclipse was down, not realising that a different server is essentially a different world entirely. i've since subbed and am happily levelling away my other toons but i miss my guardian and she must be feeling lonely and unloved since i begrudge putting a lot of work in and losing out on all that lovely legacy xp

vian
04.10.2013 , 05:31 PM | #5035
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Because in BW/EAs calculation, the population bump would not be sufficient to bring the game up to their standards, even if every single APAC player took the option to transfer there. You may disagree, but it's why they made the decision they did.

Let's assume they have the stats; they have been collecting all sorts of metrics since the servers went live; they know how often WZs pop, how many FPs and OPs are done and by whom, and so on, and they've got all that info to analyse. If they had announced a super server, within a week they'd be dealing with the complaints about living on a dead server, and requests for transfers for mergers anyhow. Which would bring us right to where we are now.

It's a bummer, I agree.
Two blasters; no waiting!

ChuangTzu
04.10.2013 , 06:29 PM | #5036
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Because in BW/EAs calculation, the population bump would not be sufficient to bring the game up to their standards, even if every single APAC player took the option to transfer there. You may disagree, but it's why they made the decision they did.

Let's assume they have the stats; they have been collecting all sorts of metrics since the servers went live; they know how often WZs pop, how many FPs and OPs are done and by whom, and so on, and they've got all that info to analyse. If they had announced a super server, within a week they'd be dealing with the complaints about living on a dead server, and requests for transfers for mergers anyhow. Which would bring us right to where we are now.

It's a bummer, I agree.
I'm a little more cynical, I feel they simply did not want to pay to run the servers out here and that's fair enough they should man up and admit it.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Icykill_
04.10.2013 , 07:03 PM | #5037
Quote: Originally Posted by FerralKoala View Post
/bump for super-APAC server (Dalbora) !!!
Also a Bump for Super-APAC server
You should also invite those players back that have left the game <give them an incentive too... if you want them to spend money again>... AND those that have rolled toons on the NA servers... allow them to transfer those characters to the APAC servers... My guess is you will see a good percentage of those players going to the APAC servers
You will then see a healthy population again in APAC !!

APAC super server = Profit

Merger with NA server = LOSS of profit... TELL you Accounts to learn about gaming before you let them make such dumb decisions

SAVE the APAC server... sign the petition
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

aliashero
04.10.2013 , 07:29 PM | #5038
I don't really blame them for closing the servers.

Going by the petition, they're only going to lose about 800~ subs from doing it. What's losing 800 subs compared to the hundreds of thousands that already play on EU/American servers?

They should just be honest about the reason for closing it though, not try to spin it that it's the best 'solution' for us. It's clear 90% of people don't want to transfer to american servers and would rather 1 apac super server.

Nommaz
04.10.2013 , 07:41 PM | #5039
Quote: Originally Posted by aliashero View Post
I don't really blame them for closing the servers.

Going by the petition, they're only going to lose about 800~ subs from doing it. What's losing 800 subs compared to the hundreds of thousands that already play on EU/American servers?

They should just be honest about the reason for closing it though, not try to spin it that it's the best 'solution' for us. It's clear 90% of people don't want to transfer to american servers and would rather 1 apac super server.

You cannot go by the petition as its mostly only forum users and if the numbers that keep popping up are to be believed that most of the APAC region!
Nothing like alienating a whole region, better than a nuke...

Nommaz
04.10.2013 , 07:42 PM | #5040
Well Gratz EA, although I am sure this will come as no surprise to us in this thread, are you going for a Tri?

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea...year-in-a-row/