Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Character Transfers now plz!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Paid Character Transfers now plz!

08.28.2012 , 08:12 AM | #101
Sure, if people scream enough, then Bioware may just take care of this ASAP.

Except of course that Bioware's track record for this sort of thing where SWTOR is concerned says otherwise and also because there doesn't seem to be enough people interested in making a stink about it.

Don't get me wrong here people, I am one of the people that wants this feature like 2 months ago.

My legacy is split between two servers and I want them together. The sooner this happens, the happier I'll be. I'm just not willing to play stupid about this. I think if it were going to happen before the swap to F2P and or be free, it would have already happened or we would at least have some sort of soft idea of when it was coming.

Checking through recent customer service forum responses from Bioware however says to me that they either have no idea when this will happen or they do know and don't feel like dealing with the backlash right now. Judging by past Bioware maneuvers where interactions with their SWTOR customer base is concerned, I'm prone to guessing the latter is true.

The fact is that this is a feature said to be coming and one that the playerbase wants badly. I can't help but think that if it were coming any time soon, we would already have some idea. But, seeing as the F2P move is coming soon and with it a way of charging for all sorts of minutia and they said that they would have some kind of paid transfer system coming sometime after the free transfers were done, I can only suspect that they want to have their cartel coin system in place before they implement something that they intend to charge for.

Do I know any of this for a fact, no, I'm not a mind reader or soothsayer but like I said, if I'm wrong, then let a Bioware representative come in here and set the record straight and I will be more than happy to eat a whole flock of crows.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

09.02.2012 , 08:38 PM | #102
Unfortunately Elfa, I think you're right. My worry is that by the time they do implement this (November?) the damage would have already been done in terms of sub numbers, frustrations, etc.

09.02.2012 , 08:40 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
That's different, I was responding to a post that said transfers should be in at launch, in fact they said it was common practice. I do not believe that to be the case and asked for examples. So far none forthcoming not surprisingly.

I agree that transfers should be in by now, possibly on the first definately on the second major update, but at launch, no they are not necessary imo.
Look no further than the infamous Guild Wars 2, transfers are available right now.

09.02.2012 , 08:47 PM | #104
@ OP

Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

09.03.2012 , 05:05 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post
This should be here by now, at least in my honest opinion. My guess is, they are holding it back for a very good reason - whether they are correct or not is another thing.
The only reason why they are holding it back is because they fired everyone that was able to program it, lol.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

09.03.2012 , 05:46 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by aaronbaron View Post
Unfortunately Elfa, I think you're right. My worry is that by the time they do implement this (November?) the damage would have already been done in terms of sub numbers, frustrations, etc.
After free transfers taking 6 months to move people off from the dead servers there wasn't that many left in the end to take advantage of them. Seems familiar...
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper

09.05.2012 , 03:16 PM | #107
I'd love it if they just placed a date on Update 1.4, so that we would could guess where/when paid transfers would start happening, based on that. My guess is since it hasn't really been talked about since the hype for the free transfers ended, we won't see any paid transfers until well after 1.4 is released. Likely late November-Decemberish.

09.05.2012 , 04:43 PM | #108
Yes, please. I'd really like to get back to playing some abandoned alts that I had the bad luck to roll on 2 different now-empty servers that merged into the same destination server.

I'd rather transfer them for free of course, but even paying for the transfer is better than rerolling and going through Taris for the 12th time.

04.03.2013 , 07:07 PM | #109
7 months later, our sentiment is still the same, Bioware. We miss our abandoned toons.

04.10.2013 , 04:20 PM | #110