Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

seektravota's Avatar


seektravota
04.10.2013 , 12:34 PM | #41
this is not the best star wars game. just don't play it.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
04.10.2013 , 12:45 PM | #42 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us
actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.
Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
04.10.2013 , 12:46 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.
In plans since Mr. Schubert announced the plans in November

Still appreciate the answer.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
04.10.2013 , 12:51 PM | #44
TY community manager, your awesome !

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
04.10.2013 , 12:53 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
TY community manager, your awesome !
He is, isn't he?!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
04.10.2013 , 01:00 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
ROFL can you plis stop posting you have got to be the most silly poster ever....
Dont you understand there is no such things as consulars marauders etc just game mecanics.
I mean come on..... you talk about armors like they mean anything in the star wars universe lols
It's a game with game mecanics. Get over yourself.Only reason troopers etc use armors etc is to shield against
enviroment etc they do nothing against blasters or saber for the most part.So troopers will not shoot others troopers.
And this is what you dont understand, jedi dont need armors what so ever.In fact only reason obi wan used trooper armor first seasongs of clonewars was because they said it was more easy to make the combat on their current computer systems,later they removed his clone armor as they got better making the visuals.
And ive stated more than once that its very possible to play a jedi that doesnt have armoured robes, and yet that is totally ignored every time any of you guys answer my posts.
Also, you are wrong about why troopers wear armour. The armour does, in fact, help protect against blasters (and even sabers if its the right material. Like a bounty hunter with beskar'gam).
If you werent so snowed in on having ALL jedi wear only robes, you would know that.
You would also know that there are plenty of times in the EU where jedi have used armour other than the clone wars.
But i can see that most of you have your own "reality" in star wars that is based solely on your views of how a jedi "should be" and nothing else. Simply picking and choosing from what you like and dont like out of the canon.

Magnusheart's Avatar


Magnusheart
04.10.2013 , 01:08 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.

I hope this means the Kotor 2 Jedi Master Robes and the other Kotor/Kotor 2 robe styles. Then again, I would be happy if a certain Jedi Master who was also a Sith Lord's set gets fixed soon. >_>

Octom's Avatar


Octom
04.10.2013 , 01:11 PM | #48
People are actually asking for this? The number of boring and bland robes in this game is staggering already and many look like said screenshots.
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
doe snot

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
04.10.2013 , 01:12 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
And ive stated more than once that its very possible to play a jedi that doesnt have armoured robes, and yet that is totally ignored every time any of you guys answer my posts.
Also, you are wrong about why troopers wear armour. The armour does, in fact, help protect against blasters (and even sabers if its the right material. Like a bounty hunter with beskar'gam).
If you werent so snowed in on having ALL jedi wear only robes, you would know that.
You would also know that there are plenty of times in the EU where jedi have used armour other than the clone wars.
But i can see that most of you have your own "reality" in star wars that is based solely on your views of how a jedi "should be" and nothing else. Simply picking and choosing from what you like and dont like out of the canon.
Beskar just like kortosis is not canon in any way. Only reason we have vibroblades is because lucas wanted a weapon
for grevious bodyguards that would work against lightsabers, and vibroswords were the only viable option that were used alot in the EU.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
04.10.2013 , 02:00 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Beskar just like kortosis is not canon in any way. Only reason we have vibroblades is because lucas wanted a weapon
for grevious bodyguards that would work against lightsabers, and vibroswords were the only viable option that were used alot in the EU.
Actually GL said relatively recently that nothing except a lightsaber can block a lightsaber. But then again he is a complete nutjob and keeps chaning things that he himelf has said previously. A perfect example of this would be that the IG-100 MagnaGuards had lightsaber resistant vibrostaffs (designed and approved by lucas) and then a few years later he just blurts out that "nothing can stop a lightsaber except another lightsaber" thus contradicting himself.
But thats beside the point.
You said trooper armour was nothing but enviromental protection and that is wrong. Even within the extremely strict "movies only" canon that you seem to adhere to.

And the whole point of this discussion is that you lot (yes, im gonna go that low) seem to think that jedi only ever fight in plain brown robes. And you base this off the fact that they do so in the movies and thus it must alway have been so and will always be so throughout the history of the galaxy.
Going by that tho, one could also say that a whole slew of alien races cannot be jedi simply because there were none in the movies.

This insistance that jedi should never ever wear armour is very strange, especially since they have in very high-level canon material like the clone wars.

Also, take a look at what is considered "canon" when it comes to star wars: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

Beskar and cortosis is indeed canon... it is C-Canon.