Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Earn Rewards for Being in a Guild!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Earn Rewards for Being in a Guild!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.10.2013 , 10:04 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Are you ready to earn valuable rewards for joining a guild? We’ve got great news! We’re excited to launch a new Guild Rewards Program which rewards player participation in guilds with in-game bonuses and benefits.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nothematic
04.10.2013 , 10:21 AM | #2
Sounds great, can't wait to see what other perks we'll be getting Thanks!
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Skyrison
04.10.2013 , 10:38 AM | #3
Very good news! Can't wait to see the new stuff to be added for guild perks! Exciting. Like I always say, this game just gets better and better.
Legacy of the Eternal

ItchyThePenguin
04.10.2013 , 10:44 AM | #4
I'm lovin' it! Looking forward to whatever is next!
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (55)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

DarthTHC
04.10.2013 , 10:51 AM | #5
*Yawn* at 5% experience, but looking forward to whatever might be next.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Ziso
04.10.2013 , 10:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Are you ready to earn valuable rewards for joining a guild? We’ve got great news! We’re excited to launch a new Guild Rewards Program which rewards player participation in guilds with in-game bonuses and benefits.

Read More
We saw that news and its a nice idea but for us was not the main guild priority for larger guilds.
The guild cap limit is a serious issue for us and at the moment has us thinking if Tor is the right game for us as a guild due to the low cap as we simply cant progress and hate having to turn down players.
We have been a guild since 2005 and our kinship in Lotro has a 5000 cap and large guilds like us should be an asset to bioware as we provide a lot of help and content for players but we are handicapped by the cap despite removing inactive members weekly.

Please see the thread here, which has a lot of support: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=603918

A game where players are encouraged to play multiple stories and can have up to 22 characters and you have a guild cap limit of 500. At the moment we have had to turn down potential members as despite guild management we are full and we hate saying no to anyone who wish to join us. We never spam general chat for recruitment, we just use your server forum and a thread there but still find ourselves full.

DarthFamine
04.10.2013 , 10:56 AM | #7
how long until we can expect some decent management tools?
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Badem
04.10.2013 , 11:10 AM | #8
am looking forward to some kind of epic storyline covering multiple ops and planets, jaw dropping fightsand camaraderie in order to obtain parts needed to either BUILD a guild base or (Even Better!) Build a Guild Ship (multiples tiers and various sizes)

Then being able to use these Guild Ships to expire beyond the Rim!!
This is the place of sand and sorrow. The order that looks so tasty but which you didn't order. This is the place where elephants come to die and whales sing their melancholic songs of oblivion.

Falcon_Runner
04.10.2013 , 11:48 AM | #9
SWTOR is my first MMO, what is the benefit to being in a guild?

marginal_error
04.10.2013 , 11:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ziso View Post
We saw that news and its a nice idea but for us was not the main guild priority for larger guilds.
The guild cap limit is a serious issue for us and at the moment has us thinking if Tor is the right game for us as a guild due to the low cap as we simply cant progress and hate having to turn down players.
We have been a guild since 2005 and our kinship in Lotro has a 5000 cap and large guilds like us should be an asset to bioware as we provide a lot of help and content for players but we are handicapped by the cap despite removing inactive members weekly.

Please see the thread here, which has a lot of support: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=603918

A game where players are encouraged to play multiple stories and can have up to 22 characters and you have a guild cap limit of 500. At the moment we have had to turn down potential members as despite guild management we are full and we hate saying no to anyone who wish to join us. We never spam general chat for recruitment, we just use your server forum and a thread there but still find ourselves full.
I have read the original thread mentioned and agree with most of it.
We have been capped at 500 since the recent server merge and we remove all toons that have been inactive for 30 days or more every week. That typically accounts for 2 or 3 only.

I personally have 6 active toons, one for each crafting skill. 3 of them are active daily and run all high level ops.
If you look at this as a minimum per person to toon ratio, that is 83.3333 members
Our guild normally has 50-60 people online most of the peak hours (2pm - 10pm EST)
When large events, such as when the Rise of the Hutt Cartel goes public to all players, or the Gree event, we will have 50-70 members online at a time (72 was our highest count when the Gree event launched)

Holocron is a large format guild with scheduled daily events, runs, world boss events, 2 or 3 raid groups daily, and a number of us run our own SWTOR based websites and podcasts.

For us to grow this cap MUST be increased. The only way to get REAL social enjoyment out of this game as an end-game player, which 98%of us as, is to be in a guild. I know that there are some who will disagree with that statement, but have you ever tried to get into a Hard Mode TFB group that doesn't wipe on the first round of trash? or have to inspect players one at a time only to tell them that tionese gear is not enough for the run, only to be told that you are a fascist elite jerk* (*insert explicative here).

Yes, there will be arguments for both sides, but as long as the demand is there, then why not.

By the way..... we are still waiting for our guild command ship.. "Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships, now."
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.