Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Marauder smash changes 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marauder smash changes 2.0

Keldaur's Avatar


Keldaur
02.26.2013 , 08:26 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
^^^

I agree , imo it was pretty much a buff, lets not forget that now there is a bigger difference between defense and dmg buff from expertise, which gives a buff to burst classes , if you ignore the better curve of bonus dmg, smash dmg has been buffed by 3% and all other dmg buffed too.

Also


Like maras did at pre 1.2 ? ^^
Sorcs were always the most popular advanced class. Since beta :P

MrRuck's Avatar


MrRuck
02.27.2013 , 09:49 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
No he's talking about whatever the imp equivalent of combat trance is.

Right now Ataru Form has a 30% chance to proc opportune attack and 100% chance to proc combat trance.

While combat trance is active Blade Storm is an auto-crit.

In 2.0 Combat Trance is tied to opportune attack, so only a 30% chance to proc combat trance, and the autocrit that comes with it (though now Combat Trance gives you your focus back when you Blade Storm).

That ain't a small change. That's a huge nerf to Combat Burst.

Meanwhile, smash has undergone a rebalance at worst. Smash hits a bit less harder, but everything else hits a lot harder.
Oooooh.

I actually didn't notice this since I still always crit on dummies on the PTS, which in hind-sight was due to a degree of luck; if unlucky this will make your initial burst take longer to set up but all subsequent bursts will be easy (plenty of proc chances). Due to this change we get a 10% buff to Blade Storm.

We also get Hand of Justice, Contemplation & a lower GCD on everything with Zen. It's a bigger burst that takes longer to set up which I think is very fitting for Combat/Carnage.
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server

SeasickTex's Avatar


SeasickTex
04.10.2013 , 09:59 AM | #53
So with these changes, I still enjoy my rage marauder. It has been the only spec I have used since I hit 50 for both pvp and pve (yes i smash ops bosses) With choke no longer giving the shockwave stacks, what do you guys think would be a good rotation now to make up for that? I still keep hitting it out of habit and then wondering why my smash hit so weak. I keep forgetting lol

So I can still keep the same opener. Charge/force crush/Battering assault/smash/scream/ravage.....then what? Choke/obliterate/smash followed that but now that they have taken away choke building stacks any suggestions?

Jayshames's Avatar


Jayshames
04.10.2013 , 10:08 AM | #54
The thing is though, they aren't really OP anymore, because just about every other DPS class does level damage with them. Also rage has got to be the most boring tree in the game.
SCOTLAND

JaingSkiratapwns's Avatar


JaingSkiratapwns
04.10.2013 , 10:31 AM | #55
Smash isn't OP anymore in my opinion. In fact, with all the FOTM snipers that are going to popping up, it won't be all that good.
[
Plays on POT5

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
04.10.2013 , 10:40 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by SeasickTex View Post
So with these changes, I still enjoy my rage marauder. It has been the only spec I have used since I hit 50 for both pvp and pve (yes i smash ops bosses) With choke no longer giving the shockwave stacks, what do you guys think would be a good rotation now to make up for that? I still keep hitting it out of habit and then wondering why my smash hit so weak. I keep forgetting lol

So I can still keep the same opener. Charge/force crush/Battering assault/smash/scream/ravage.....then what? Choke/obliterate/smash followed that but now that they have taken away choke building stacks any suggestions?
Yes you should have removed choke even from 1.7. Frenzy-Zen-leap-smash-crush-slash-slash-battering-obliterate-smash-scream/dispatch-zen (for shockwave stacks and full rage bar for more slashing/screaming/viciously throwing). Bottom line, removing stacks from choke is hardly a nerf to rage maras.

SeasickTex's Avatar


SeasickTex
04.10.2013 , 10:50 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Yes you should have removed choke even from 1.7. Frenzy-Zen-leap-smash-crush-slash-slash-battering-obliterate-smash-scream/dispatch-zen (for shockwave stacks and full rage bar for more slashing/screaming/viciously throwing). Bottom line, removing stacks from choke is hardly a nerf to rage maras.
I think I follow u there. However with the mix of what seems to be the equivalent sentinel abilities in which I don't know it sounded a bit confusing. Zen? Dispatch? ME NO SPEAKA JEDI!! lol. Also, I saw no mentioning of ravage in there anywhere. I know a hard hitter like that should not be ignored. If you could make that a bit more clear I would greatly appreciate the help.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
04.10.2013 , 11:31 AM | #58
The biggest buff to Rage/Focus was the nerf to Stun Bubbles. The biggest nerf to Rage/Focus was the buff to snipers. The intrinsic changes to Rage/Focus were minimal. In the immediate run, Rage/Focus should have a field day as the availability of good snipers is extremely limited.

Savej's Avatar


Savej
04.10.2013 , 11:49 AM | #59
Looking at snippets of patch notes in a vacuum aside, I don't see lots of smashers in wzs on pot5 at least and those that are playing are, as often as not, getting out damaged by many other classes at the moment.

JaingSkiratapwns's Avatar


JaingSkiratapwns
04.10.2013 , 11:52 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
The biggest buff to Rage/Focus was the nerf to Stun Bubbles. The biggest nerf to Rage/Focus was the buff to snipers. The intrinsic changes to Rage/Focus were minimal. In the immediate run, Rage/Focus should have a field day as the availability of good snipers is extremely limited.
Snipers newfound mobility and entrench killing smashes damage makes them a very hard counter to smashers yeah.
[
Plays on POT5