Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lord_Karsk
04.10.2013 , 07:51 AM | #1
You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us
actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.10.2013 , 07:54 AM | #2
You want us to jump Jedi fashion about 3,000 years?
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Sportiva
04.10.2013 , 07:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Yes. Just like Trooper, BH, Agents, and Smugglers look like their future counterparts.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Lord_Karsk
04.10.2013 , 08:00 AM | #4
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.
Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont
dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans
in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

Darth_Moonshadow
04.10.2013 , 08:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Yes. Just like Trooper, BH, Agents, and Smugglers look like their future counterparts.
You do realize how difficult it is to make a Jedi actually care about their appearance, right?

I swear, half of them would rather walk about naked, they're too wrapped up i-

*Master Oteg walks by completely nude*

Well, I'm going to stab myself in the eyes with my lightsaber. Anyone care to use my lightsaber afterwards is free to do so.

B

Logisitcs
04.10.2013 , 08:02 AM | #6
Ya it's getting rather extreme now. Please give traditional outfits

Sportiva
04.10.2013 , 08:05 AM | #7
You do realize how difficult it is to make a Jedi actually care about their appearance, right?

I swear, half of them would rather walk about naked, they're too wrapped up i-

*Master Oteg walks by completely nude*

Well, I'm going to stab myself in the eyes with my lightsaber. Anyone care to use my lightsaber afterwards is free to do so.
I guess you just playing a different game then I do. TBH, about 95% of your post is gibberish to me.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Leonick
04.10.2013 , 08:07 AM | #8
Indeed. Some basic traditional Jedi garments, with and without the robe, would be great.

Heck, they pretty much have the model for it without the robe, just need to disable the hood for the handmaiden set and re-skin it.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

Darth_Moonshadow
04.10.2013 , 08:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.
Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont
dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans
in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

The entire game is noncanon, So why should the outfits be?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I guess you just playing a different game then I do. TBH, about 95% of your post is gibberish to me.
Good. What fun is there in making sense?

B

Alec_Fortescue
04.10.2013 , 08:25 AM | #10
Yes! We are our outfits? Don't give me that poppycock about 3000 years difference - those are traditional outfist worn for millennias since the beggings of Jedi order. Jedi wear them in TOR - go for a trip to Tython. They're just not available to players save for Battle Expulsor which has a nasty hood up. Jedi in KotOR 2 wore traditional robes. Jedi in prequels wore traditional robes. NPCs in TOR and its art wear traditional robes. Jedi during Force Wars wore traditional robes.

Got something for you back from November in regards cartel shop armor updates:

Quote:
Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.