PvE Weekly Commendations 200 Limit?

Naholen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you meet the weekly in one day you are SOL and lose any new ones? :(

i had so many daily comms built up, that i had already hit the "weekly cap", yet i just got done doing my dailies and continued to gain the new comms. so don't fret. HOWEVER, i did keep getting a pop-up message saying "you've already hit your weekly cap" but I kept getting all the comms like normal, so..intended or not..you'll still get them it appears.

i had so many daily comms built up, that i had already hit the "weekly cap", yet i just got done doing my dailies and continued to gain the new comms. so don't fret. HOWEVER, i did keep getting a pop-up message saying "you've already hit your weekly cap" but I kept getting all the comms like normal, so..intended or not..you'll still get them it appears.

idk about all that. i had a 680/400 classic comms. Turned in quests from sect x and BH that i had held onto from the week before. The weekly comms gained grew as i turned in the quests for comms, but my 680/400 stayed at 680/400

I happen to think that cap is too low. with current costs, people will be able to buy approximately 4 pieces of gear every 3 weeks. you are basically left relying on drops for you upgrades, praying to rng gods and all that. if you are lucky, you MIGht get enough upgrades to progress in under a month. IF you are lucky.

we already had organic weekly limits in place, back in a day of black hole, since you only got your reward once a day/week (flashpoints/ops/weekly), but at least lower end coms weren't as restricted.

this reminds me of current WoW system of gearing. up to and including requiring both coms AND reputation to buy basic weapons. at least rep here is legacy wide. small favors.

I don't like this system. at all. why am I still playing? not finished with solo/classic content yet. but this new super restrictive gating is IMO NOT an improvement

Problem with that is that people are just as likely to go try out another game..and maybe not come back to this bug ridden mistake

I think they would have made more money if they did swtor, but instead of an mmo, broke it up into 4 RPGs.

Star Wars - Jedi

Star Wars - Sith

You get the idea...that would have been so much more preferable.

No. The cap is fine, at least this way people wont be geared -to- fast. Kudos to bioware for this!

I do not understand this....

So what if someone wants to get gear more quickly than others. How does that effect my play style?

Maybe someone can explain this to a noob like myself?

Don't sweat it. Both The Elder Scrolls MMO and the World of Darkness MMO are on track and are likely to be released this year.

If EA doesn't want to produce a product in line with the quality of what I'm willing to pay for I'm sure that one of those two will attract me.

I do not understand this....

So what if someone wants to get gear more quickly than others. How does that effect my play style?

Maybe someone can explain this to a noob like myself?

If you get the gear to fast, you get burnt out from the game (nothing to progress towards). It's really that simple, they dont want you to get burnt out from everything to quickly :)

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

On that note, this is an excellent opportunity to give you folks a heads up about a 2.0 Known Issue that we'll be adding to the list later this week: there's currently a bug that will cause an incorrect warning that you're nearing the weekly limit when you're nowhere near it. Because of what I posted above, most of you won't see this until after the weekly reset. If you do, though, don't be alarmed! Check your Currency tab for the correct information, and please know that we plan to fix the warning indication with Patch 2.0.1.

I want to be sure you guys know that we are listening to you and taking your feedback on this topic into account, but it's still early in the implementation, and we're not able to see how the limits actually affect you yet. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for what you're saying with regards to weekly limits in coming weeks and after the bug fix above.

~Amber

Edited by AmberGreen
Correcting my own misinformation

Hi everyone,

Please keep in mind that this week will be unique with regards to the weekly Commendation limits because we converted old Commendation types into the new ones, and this conversion counted towards the limit. With that being the case, many of us (myself included for sure) hit the limit as soon as we logged in after yesterday's patch.

On that note, this is an excellent opportunity to give you folks a heads up about a 2.0 Known Issue that we'll be adding to the list later this week: there's currently a bug that will cause an incorrect warning that you're nearing the weekly limit when you're nowhere near it. Because of what I posted above, most of you won't see this until after the weekly reset. If you do, though, don't be alarmed! Check your Currency tab for the correct information, and please know that we plan to fix the warning indication with Patch 2.0.1.

I want to be sure you guys know that none of the above is an indication that we're not listening to you and taking your feedback on this topic into account, but it does mean that we're not able to see how the limits actually affect you yet. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for what you're saying with regards to weekly limits in coming weeks.

~Amber

How about to make the cap 3 times bigger and relevant for the whole legacy. That would give people choice and not force them to play the damn alts.

Well, I had the opposite problem from being warned too early. I traded in some unassembled Rakata gear to get the classic tokens and the game allowed me to open them even though I was at the weekly cap. This reminds me of the old bug allowing you to consume schematics you had already learned. I realize that I bear some of the blame for not paying close enough attention to all the numbers involved with the new comms, but there was a lot to take in with the patch, and the game should help you out a bit by not consuming these coins if it will net 0 comms. Edited by JasonNH

Hi everyone,

Please keep in mind that this week will be unique with regards to the weekly Commendation limits because we converted old Commendation types into the new ones, and this conversion counted towards the limit. With that being the case, many of us (myself included for sure) hit the limit as soon as we logged in after yesterday's patch.

I want to be sure you guys know that none of the above is an indication that we're not listening to you and taking your feedback on this topic into account, but it does mean that we're not able to see how the limits actually affect you yet. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for what you're saying with regards to weekly limits in coming weeks.

~Amber

I posted my constructive criticism in a similar thread, I hope you guys are reviewing them all. It is affecting players, now if you consider it a hardcore versus casual issue, then I would like to see some justification fo the limit. I think the burden of proof is on BW. Why did you switch from not have a limit to having a limit.

I got the warning at 150/200 classic commendation after opening 2 small containers. Considering that each container contains 75 commendations and opening another container would have put me over the limit I think that warning came in just the right moment.

(Personally, though, I think there needs to be better information regarding these commendation boxes. For once, it should be visible before opening the container how many commendations will be gained, secondly it should be made clear that they count toward the weekly progression limit.)