Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
04.03.2013 , 10:59 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
The only subject to change part happened with rated warzones :P

Other than that, nothing ever changes.
this.

i wouldnt say i am enthralled with what we are getting in 2.0, but i wouldnt say i was highly disappointed either. there were several good steps in the right direction, and now that we will hopefully start seeing smaller changes to classes more frequently, imo things are looking up. if AP continues communicating with us, only good things can happen imo.

and AP, if you read this, i realize we give you a load of crap constantly. its not b/c we hate you; its b/c we have an investment in this game and we would like it to succeed. we do appreciate you addressing some of our concerns, and we hope that you continue to engage us in discussion and help us help you make Merc/Mando a viable class
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
04.04.2013 , 09:17 AM | #212
Yes, help us help you.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

SafeJungleFever
04.07.2013 , 04:07 AM | #213
Back from my ban. W00t.

I have dumped over 200 dollars into this game. Just like all the founders have. Not slighting other subs or the F2Pers just making a point. When we have literally everyone playing an AC crying out about the issues that class has for over a year, a dev response isn't just being a decent human being, it's good business sense.

Do you want to make money? Do you want people to play your game? Then FIND THE TIME to take ONE or TWO HOURS to outline WHAT you're doing and WHY. It's not hard, and it's a basic thing that you would have to do in ANY other INDUSTRY.

I mean, tonight the waiter at Denny's came out to say 'uh hey the coffee's going to be a bit/' So far the combat devs have failed to even approach that level of service. What scraps we've gotten, and they are SCRAPS have been three comments totallling about 200 words or less representing a YEAR of class development? And those words? It'd be the equivalent to my waiter bringing me lukewarm coffee and saying 'What are you talking about
? It's hot!' or just failing to acknowledge me after failing to bring my food out for over an hour.

Eric, I know your job has to absolutely stink. People call you out as if you were a dev, give YOU crap because the devs won't respond, and act as if you have any real control other than your and your team's marvelous and impressive attempts to improve communication. But I'm asking you, we're ALL asking you, to see what you can do to get the Devs not to simply to communicate changes, or give half-hearted responses but to CLEARLY and ARTICULATELY explain the reasons for why they do what they do.

Llama-Eight
04.08.2013 , 06:39 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by SafeJungleFever View Post
Eric, I know your job has to absolutely stink. People call you out as if you were a dev, give YOU crap because the devs won't respond, and act as if you have any real control other than your and your team's marvelous and impressive attempts to improve communication. But I'm asking you, we're ALL asking you, to see what you can do to get the Devs not to simply to communicate changes, or give half-hearted responses but to CLEARLY and ARTICULATELY explain the reasons for why they do what they do.
And what their view/role for the class is.

Flying-Brian
04.08.2013 , 12:51 PM | #215
I noticed in the new 2.0 patch notes, that it does not mention any change to the 2/4 piece set bonus for the eliminator armor set. I wonder if this was intended (due to the feedback of removing the 4 piece free Hib/RS bonus) or if it was just an oversight and they forgot to list the change in the patch notes.

MVaglin
04.08.2013 , 03:36 PM | #216
The change was never in the patch notes on the PTS either, so it's probably still happening.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

JimmyTheCannon
04.09.2013 , 02:45 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
The change was never in the patch notes on the PTS either, so it's probably still happening.
I can confirm that the set bonus has NOT changed from what it was previously on live. We still have the heat reduction on our Rail Shot.

MVaglin
04.09.2013 , 04:07 AM | #218
How is the talent in the arsenal tree? Still only 6 reducation as on PTS or 8 as it was on live? Ie, does Railshot now cost 2 heat or ?

Mostly curious (won't be able to log on for a few hours, if my patching issues have resolved themselves), as the difference is marginal.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

JimmyTheCannon
04.09.2013 , 01:44 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
How is the talent in the arsenal tree? Still only 6 reducation as on PTS or 8 as it was on live? Ie, does Railshot now cost 2 heat or ?

Mostly curious (won't be able to log on for a few hours, if my patching issues have resolved themselves), as the difference is marginal.
Rail Shot costs 2 heat.

EDIT: Apparently the Arkanian set bonuses have the 8% damage on Rail Shot, not the -8 heat. Campaign and lower still has -8 heat.

Arandmoor
04.10.2013 , 01:45 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
Why is there only one person in charge of implementin class balance? Not very smart allocation of staff.
By putting one person on class balance you get one person with perspective on everything. This approach has its advantages and disadvantages.

By limiting class balance to one person, you eliminate miss-communication between developers. There's no one else to miss-communicate with.
However, it means that a full pass will take longer

Besides, he says that he's got support which, I'm guessing, means he's got a few people helping him model classes and run analysis grunt-work while he tries to solve an impossible puzzle.