"Insufficient Skill Level" *** BW? Atifice new color cryst RE

Magnusheart

DO NOT RE YOUR BLACK-BLUE/RED PURPLE OR CYAN. YOU WONT LEARN IT EVEN IF IT PROCS.

It says u RE with the skill of 400. But even then you wont learn it.

I would of learned my black blue eviserating. +41 crit but in big red letters. "INSUFFICEINT SKILL REQUIRED"

Do not risk your black red, blue, purple or cyan until your max level 450 in artifice, or YOU WILL BE CHEATED.

edit: and yes. I did learn the advanced artifice training before I RE'd them.

update.

Hi folks. Thanks for calling this to our attention. We're currently escalating this to the Crew Skills gurus and will update here as soon as we've got more information.
Edited by Magnusheart

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go to your trainer and get the next tier of Artifice before you tried?

It shouldn't matter. The tooltip says you only need 400 Artifice:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6614/screenshot2013040906162.jpg

And, if you didn't have the required level, it should not allow you to RE it. Not destroy the crystal and not give you anything when it procs. I lost 5 black-red hawkeye crystals today. :(

Yes, this has to be spoken about and players need to be recompensated! tooltip assures of 400 artifice required and provides green 20% chance.

I have reversed two black purple hawkeye crystals and two purple crystals only to find out I wouldn't get schematics anyway!

Those are too expensive not to restore them.

I have made a ticket, will wait three weeks to get some copy-paste response totally off-topic. :p

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

bump.

I know, they are rare colors....

Lost crystals can be easily traced. Item recovery upon request (ticket) is not difficult. I was returned a unique one-time quest reward armor which i sold year ago (!!) to the vendor.

I never heard of an instance of granting a schematic. I think the fairest option is to return the crystals which were wasted on r/e before we reached 450 artifice.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hi folks. Thanks for calling this to our attention. We're currently escalating this to the Crew Skills gurus and will update here as soon as we've got more information.

I hope this translates, too restoring the lost crystals and doubling their schematic chance, or, people who got the error of insufficent skill requirement to them re getting it.

p.s. on a related note to crafting/gear issues. the new orange moddable medium armor sith sith helmet no long works with hoods like in the PTS like they used too.

Bug also applies to Kalligs countenance not working anymore with hoods after the last PTS 2.0 patch.

p.p.s. on an offtopic note to gear issues, Revans set is still bugged with double hoods, light gray chestplate and brown lower legs, considering its a Cartel Market hotspot of popularity it would be fixed. D=.

I hope it's not just replacing a crystal, if it weren't for the bug we would have the schematic, it would be silly to not give the schematic to correct the error of the system.

I ran into the issue as well with a Red-Black crystal. Extremely galling, especially considering the rarity and value of those crystals. CSR ticket is in. Hopefully they will grant the schematic that was rightfully earned, rather than merely restoring the crystal and forcing me to roll the dice again.

I ran into the issue as well with a Red-Black crystal. Extremely galling, especially considering the rarity and value of those crystals. CSR ticket is in. Hopefully they will grant the schematic that was rightfully earned, rather than merely restoring the crystal and forcing me to roll the dice again.

I know the risk is hard enough.

• Dev Post

As an update on this, we have identified the cause of the bug and will be fixing it as a high priority. In the meantime, we ask that players do not Reverse Engineer Black-Blue, Black-Red, Cyan, and Purple color crystals.

Please note that while Customer Support will be able to re-grant you the color crystal, we are unable to grant schematics that are granted by Reverse Engineering.

We want to ensure that we do proper testing, so I don't have an actual time frame for when this will be fixed, but once we know, I'll post again for you.

As an update on this, we have identified the cause of the bug and will be fixing it as a high priority. In the meantime, we ask that players do not Reverse Engineer Black-Blue, Black-Red, Cyan, and Purple color crystals.

Please note that while Customer Support will be able to re-grant you the color crystal, we are unable to grant schematics that are granted by Reverse Engineering.

We want to ensure that we do proper testing, so I don't have an actual time frame for when this will be fixed, but once we know, I'll post again for you.

Not like I don't hunt for game bugs and post them already. I hope you guys can do a compensation and increase the learning chance.

Edited by Magnusheart