Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Sage PVE Healing Build

sithlordmauler
04.09.2013 , 08:19 AM | #1
Hey all. I am working on helping my wife with her healer build for 2.0. What do you guys think about this build?

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
Acha'ikosia - Scoundrel DPS
<Grievance>
Jedi Covenant - US

Nibbon
04.09.2013 , 08:46 AM | #2
Pretty much without a doubt this will be the new standard build for PvE healing

SgtKlavier
04.09.2013 , 11:42 PM | #3
The only thing I would do differently (personal preference) would be to take one point from pain bearer and put it into master speed. To me, that utility of a longer force speed as well as the potential to use two force speeds in fairly quick succession is something I would value over a bit more healing received.

ChuangTzu
04.10.2013 , 04:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtKlavier View Post
The only thing I would do differently (personal preference) would be to take one point from pain bearer and put it into master speed. To me, that utility of a longer force speed as well as the potential to use two force speeds in fairly quick succession is something I would value over a bit more healing received.
I was thinking the same.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

bbare
04.10.2013 , 04:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtKlavier View Post
Healing received is extremely important for a sage healer, because it affects your force regeneration. It is far more important than a better force speed.
The Vanity Legacy

Nireos
04.10.2013 , 09:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
Healing received is extremely important for a sage healer, because it affects your force regeneration. It is far more important than a better force speed.
I'm curious what your source for this this information is. This is the first time I've seen anyone say that healing received can affect force regen. I'll admit, I don't scour the internet for every little tip or trick...so it's entirely possible I missed it somewhere. This isn't a troll or attack...I'd just like to learn more about how it affects it.

bbare
04.10.2013 , 09:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nireos View Post
I'm curious what your source for this this information is. This is the first time I've seen anyone say that healing received can affect force regen. I'll admit, I don't scour the internet for every little tip or trick...so it's entirely possible I missed it somewhere. This isn't a troll or attack...I'd just like to learn more about how it affects it.
It does, indirectly. I'm going to use sorc terms here, because I don't have a sage. Sorcs regenerate force through consumption, which actually harms themselves. They get more force regen having higher healing received, because it means they can heal themselves up faster not only meaning they can spend more time healing other players, but also meaning they can use consumption even more.
The Vanity Legacy

Nireos
04.10.2013 , 09:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
It does, indirectly. I'm going to use sorc terms here, because I don't have a sage. Sorcs regenerate force through consumption, which actually harms themselves. They get more force regen having higher healing received, because it means they can heal themselves up faster not only meaning they can spend more time healing other players, but also meaning they can use consumption even more.
Ok, that makes sense. It's an indirect advantage. I was thinking you meant there was a direct link.

I actually would have to agree with you then because Force Regen is way more important than a little extra speed.

Thanks for responding.

sithlordmauler
04.10.2013 , 10:36 AM | #9
Thanks folks...this will help her(and me, as I am the tank she will be mainly healing).
Acha'ikosia - Scoundrel DPS
<Grievance>
Jedi Covenant - US

Aurojiin
04.11.2013 , 03:45 PM | #10
I don't see any justification for two points in Psychic Suffusion for PVE. Force Wave is a skill of extremely questionable utility in PVE to begin with, and the healing is strictly inferior to actually using a heaing ability.

Standardised PVE will be this, with the last point going where you prefer. Personally, I'll throw it into Concentration for DPS phases.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin