Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicked From SM FP's?

Callaron
04.07.2013 , 10:38 AM | #41
Don't worry about it, some people are just idiots.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

buffgfc
04.07.2013 , 08:47 PM | #42
i could write a book on bad groups and i've only been playing a couple of months.

i remember my very first run through taral v on my shadow tank and after a couple of fights (which went smoothly) the guardian "dps" asked if he could tank.

being fairly new at that point i said sure, if the other members of the group agreed. anyway, we made it to the bonus boss fight (the guy with the lightning) and we must have wiped 10 times. by this point it was about 2am and he actually proposed that the sentinel tank and he could respec as a dps.

i'd already said 3 tries before that i'd try once more before going to bed for work, so i pleasantly asked him to consider the wisdom of a dps exclusive class tanking, while a tank specced shadow dps'd, while i was asleep. before i'd even quit the group the other two guys had told him what they thought and quit.

i've never been kicked, but i've left a few groups where people have been just plain ignorant. last night for instance when another "dps" guardian asked the tank guardian if he could tank in maelstrom while playing my healer. it took us over a minute to take down one of the big droid dudes, so i asked if either of them were actually specced as dps as that took a really long time. they ignored me.

then we took on the big droid boss (the first one who pulls you in then sort of explodes every 20 seconds or so) and we took him down pretty quickly so i said "great, that went better" and one of them said "stop f****** moaning and get on with it" i don't get mad, i just leave, they were still waiting when i queued again half an hour later.

but i would NEVER kick or leave a group due to one bad member or due to people not being familiar with it. i enjoy helping new, or even experienced players through if they don't actually know the ins and outs of the boss fights.

tl;dr - bad guys are everywhere, fortunately i've found it's 95% good in general

DeadDogBarking
04.09.2013 , 02:21 AM | #43
I have made some really poor choices in flashpoints, but those are not the ones I have been kicked from. The worst was when I was on the way to a flashpoint and before I started towards the group I was kicked. NO reason given. If those are elder game experts I hope I can add Noob to my title.

It seems to took about 2 characters hitting 35-50 before I really understood how to game the gearing system. I do mean game. Now I am gaming the character classes and have given up trying to RP the character to match the class, because it is not rewarded and can be a hindrance to a group. I love the game, but if I want to play in group quests I have found I need to pay more attention to finding the loopholes in the map and programming.

I qued with one guy who had been left by 2 other people we fumbled through with our companions and found more ways to die than we knew existed. It was a blast.

DonkeyGobbler
04.09.2013 , 02:49 AM | #44
Oddly, I was thinking of this thread last night when Maelstrom Prison popped and the first thing a 13k hp Sentinel said was "First FP, please give advice". That was fine.... right until the point where he dived into the first mob pack before the tank. So, I pointed out that the tank pulls.... so he pulled another pack of mobs (right off track, which didn't need to be engaged).

I swear it was the most patient tank on the server. After several pulls he should have been kicked. He even managed to chain pull two big groups. The tank and other DPS were engaging the first group when he charged into another. You know what? I left him to die and concentrated on healing the other two.

What made me finally crack was when he he ninja looted a willpower implant, so I shouted at him in chat. He said sorry which was good for him as I was on the verge of initiating a vote kick. If that had failed, I'd have left the group. Guess he took it to heart as he passed on every piece of loot after that.

Jossajus
04.09.2013 , 03:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyGobbler View Post
Oddly, I was thinking of this thread last night when Maelstrom Prison popped and the first thing a 13k hp Sentinel said was "First FP, please give advice". That was fine.... right until the point where he dived into the first mob pack before the tank. So, I pointed out that the tank pulls.... so he pulled another pack of mobs (right off track, which didn't need to be engaged).

I swear it was the most patient tank on the server. After several pulls he should have been kicked. He even managed to chain pull two big groups. The tank and other DPS were engaging the first group when he charged into another. You know what? I left him to die and concentrated on healing the other two.

What made me finally crack was when he he ninja looted a willpower implant, so I shouted at him in chat. He said sorry which was good for him as I was on the verge of initiating a vote kick. If that had failed, I'd have left the group. Guess he took it to heart as he passed on every piece of loot after that.
Lol he was probably thinking about how long he'd have to wait to get into another group.
"When you're happy, you enjoy the music. When you're sad, you understand the lyrics." - Frank Ocean

IAAIAO
04.09.2013 , 07:39 AM | #46
It happens all the time, move forward.

This community is terrible, you've got to get used to it.