Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WizardsDestiny
04.08.2013 , 06:59 PM | #5001
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
And you apparently cant read...
it clearly says in my post that they cant merge us with NA servers yet, however we are talking local which they can do, as has been shown by all the previous merges within local zones.
It isn't me who's not reading the posts; where did I suggest it had anything to do with the NA Servers? Consolidation of the servers, and local merges, which you're talking about, are going to be difficult; not many people are going to be voluntarily switching, we've established that already. They don't have the tech to force a merge and it's going to cost money for them to initiate consolidation of local servers; if they're going to the NA Servers in the future anyway, why would they bother? Sure, they can initiate voluntarily transfers, as you said; they may well do that. But, as of what we've been told, they can't force anything on anyone so they'll probably view a merge as counter-productive in the long run.

I'm laughing at the fact that the people who shot down our petition (which we knew from the start probably wouldn't get us anywhere) on the grounds Bioware wouldn't listen are now trying to get Bioware to listen to them as if they're going to be listened to over others just because they either want to be merged to NA- which we know can't happen- or they're the APAC Servers aren't going to be consolidated. Isn't that what we were arguing for in the first place? Just a tad ironic.

Now I'm hoping for action as much as anyone else, but nagging won't get us anywhere. We've already discovered the only way to talk to this company is with money.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

PseudoScience
04.08.2013 , 11:03 PM | #5002
Approaching 900 sigs!!

Hopefully the expansion renews a lot of APAC subs and brings some of them back to the fold. I'm expecting full servers tonight
APAC

PseudoScience
04.08.2013 , 11:04 PM | #5003
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
no im just irked that 2.0 launched today and im still stuck on low pop servers, i really wanted to see the changes in pvp , but getting a pop on gav daragon is so rare now a days.
Snivy, why lie?
APAC

Thornsbane
04.08.2013 , 11:06 PM | #5004
I cant help but think its funny that there is ONE patching going on in the NA prime time and the amount of fury over that!

PseudoScience
04.08.2013 , 11:08 PM | #5005
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
I cant help but think its funny that there is ONE patching going on in the NA prime time and the amount of fury over that!
Hahaha yeah I read that post. Welcome to the APAC community :P
APAC

Nommaz
04.08.2013 , 11:46 PM | #5006
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
It isn't me who's not reading the posts; where did I suggest it had anything to do with the NA Servers? Consolidation of the servers, and local merges, which you're talking about, are going to be difficult; not many people are going to be voluntarily switching, we've established that already. They don't have the tech to force a merge and it's going to cost money for them to initiate consolidation of local servers; if they're going to the NA Servers in the future anyway, why would they bother? Sure, they can initiate voluntarily transfers, as you said; they may well do that. But, as of what we've been told, they can't force anything on anyone so they'll probably view a merge as counter-productive in the long run.

I'm laughing at the fact that the people who shot down our petition (which we knew from the start probably wouldn't get us anywhere) on the grounds Bioware wouldn't listen are now trying to get Bioware to listen to them as if they're going to be listened to over others just because they either want to be merged to NA- which we know can't happen- or they're the APAC Servers aren't going to be consolidated. Isn't that what we were arguing for in the first place? Just a tad ironic.

Now I'm hoping for action as much as anyone else, but nagging won't get us anywhere. We've already discovered the only way to talk to this company is with money.
We are still fighting the good fight, but there has been nothing established, and like the petition unless its made public, it will still be the forum visitors thoughts only, open free transfers and email ALL APAC people (we know they can do this as they have done it already for transfers from NA) and give them a choice, only then can we establish how many will transfer the rest is speculation based upon the handful in this thread.

WizardsDestiny
04.09.2013 , 01:02 AM | #5007
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
Oh my god yes!
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

PseudoScience
04.09.2013 , 01:04 AM | #5008
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
We are still fighting the good fight, but there has been nothing established, and like the petition unless its made public, it will still be the forum visitors thoughts only, open free transfers and email ALL APAC people (we know they can do this as they have done it already for transfers from NA) and give them a choice, only then can we establish how many will transfer the rest is speculation based upon the handful in this thread.
Agreed nothing Bioware says is concrete they have already changed the plan at least once and even Eric has no real idea on timetable or anything. We shall see what happens.
APAC

ChuangTzu
04.09.2013 , 02:34 AM | #5009
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Agreed nothing Bioware says is concrete they have already changed the plan at least once and even Eric has no real idea on timetable or anything. We shall see what happens.
It's a joke really, they will let you change ur server type while transferring to NA servers but they won't let you do it on the APAC servers!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

soneil
04.09.2013 , 03:28 AM | #5010
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
no im just irked that 2.0 launched today and im still stuck on low pop servers, i really wanted to see the changes in pvp , but getting a pop on gav daragon is so rare now a days.
Yeah. I pre-ordered hutt cartel but I'm not in a hurry to try the new content since I'd largely be stuck with doing it solo anyway. I'll level through the new planet etc but other than that, it will mostly be same ol same old for me. At least ship upgrades have been fixed according to the patch logs so I can get back to farming coms that way in the absence of gf pops.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.