Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

soneil
04.08.2013 , 07:21 AM | #4991
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonnara View Post
I logged in no problems on Harbinger.

This place has like around 4-7 phases of each planet going most times.
I've never seen more than one phase for a planet or fleet station. Never even knew that existed until this thread. Kinda says a bit about the servers I'm used to playing on.
Seriously, the last couple of months I've been levelling alts due to the lack of people to do 50 content with. We usually do an op once a week and struggle to get enough for that as it is. For levelling, most planets, the number of people on them never reaches double figures, even at busier times of the day. I love the thought of actually being able to get heroic quests done on a planet without having to rope a higher level guildie in to running me through them or soloing them when I'm a higher level myself. Actually playing a multiplayer game - with other players the way you're supposed to.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

soneil
04.08.2013 , 07:29 AM | #4992
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Here is the original quote from eric

I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!
Well I already cancelled my subscription before this announcement because I was sick of nothing after so many months of promises. It hasn't run out yet but I still see no reason to renew it. This could easily stretch out for another few months before anything gets done and before we know it - a whole years since the low pop US servers are merged and a year since they said they'd take similar steps to fix our low pop issues.

I'm sick of paying a subscription to spend most of my time in game playing single player because there aren't enough other people.

soneil
04.08.2013 , 09:46 AM | #4993
If it's going to happen I just hope it will be soon before the apac community dies off completely. Many of the people who don't want the us server merge are now quitting the game. Meanwhile, many people who are looking forward to the merger will likely quit if it takes too long - creating a no win situation.

Thepainfairy
04.08.2013 , 03:03 PM | #4994
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
If it's going to happen I just hope it will be soon before the apac community dies off completely. Many of the people who don't want the us server merge are now quitting the game. Meanwhile, many people who are looking forward to the merger will likely quit if it takes too long - creating a no win situation.
On that basis, the logical thing to do is consolidate servers first. I agree though, the longer they wait the worse it gets. How on earth do you get these guys to act?

Nommaz
04.08.2013 , 04:44 PM | #4995
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
Here's an idea Bioware!

Merge the APAC servers now! we cant get transferred to NA servers yet as you haven't figured that bit out, While we are waiting merge us, this will give everyone the idea of how that will or wouldn't work, and I can guarantee the QQ would stop if it doesn't work... what have you got to loose?
Show US that you do care about our play time and thought's regarding this.
Even if you allowed free transfers between the three servers then if those that want to wait for merge etc don't have to go through it twice.
Throw us a bone!
Re-posting this because it got buried by a couple of pages of bickering.

WizardsDestiny
04.08.2013 , 05:03 PM | #4996
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
Re-posting this because it got buried by a couple of pages of bickering.
What part of 'we don't have the right tech yet' do people not understand? The reason it hasn't been done yet is because presently it can't be done. I'm sure as soon as Bioware can do it they'll do it, it's just a question of when it's possible.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Nommaz
04.08.2013 , 06:41 PM | #4997
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
What part of 'we don't have the right tech yet' do people not understand? The reason it hasn't been done yet is because presently it can't be done. I'm sure as soon as Bioware can do it they'll do it, it's just a question of when it's possible.
And you apparently cant read...
it clearly says in my post that they cant merge us with NA servers yet, however we are talking local which they can do, as has been shown by all the previous merges within local zones.

darthnish
04.08.2013 , 06:46 PM | #4998
*********** transfer us already you pieces of ****, first you make us wait 7 months to get a solution and then when you have one you make us wait again , *** kind of logic is that, when you promise something after 7 months followthru immediately not by making us wait another *********** 7 months.

Dacce
04.08.2013 , 06:50 PM | #4999
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
*********** transfer us already you pieces of ****, first you make us wait 7 months to get a solution and then when you have one you make us wait again , *** kind of logic is that, when you promise something after 7 months followthru immediately not by making us wait another *********** 7 months.
woah Darthnish! the RAGE!

Saying that I totally agree. where are those damned server transfers?!?!
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

darthnish
04.08.2013 , 06:51 PM | #5000
no im just irked that 2.0 launched today and im still stuck on low pop servers, i really wanted to see the changes in pvp , but getting a pop on gav daragon is so rare now a days.