Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Intelligence Report: Persons of Interest on Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Imperial Intelligence Report: Persons of Interest on Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
04.08.2013 , 04:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
agent story spoilers
Spoiler
Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ZionHalcyon
04.08.2013 , 05:58 PM | #12
Arent these spoilers just another good example as to why class stories shouldn't be completely done away with?

I can understand scaling back on them, but there should be some missions going forward in each expansion that deal with your characters personal story, and then tie it back into whatever larger faction mission is being run.

Darth_Romana
04.08.2013 , 06:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickelberg View Post
I would love it if my girl stays independent. especially as she gave the Black Codex to Ardun Cothe and as such becoming a rogue agent. The powerplay of Darth Malgus is another example a Sith Lord doing their own thing (Jadus, Baras the list goes on). Mind you, I agreed with Malgus's ideas of the Empire making alien alliances though
The attitude of the Empire towards aliens has to stop. Allowing aliens to the same right as Humans/Sith will only strenthen the Empire. Most aliens only fight the Empire because of the horrendous inequality
The Empire would not be strengthened by allowing Aliens to consider themselves equal to humans... or god forbid purebloods. The empire will not be strengthened the day that it shares power with the alien barbarians. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The Sith and it's Empire is not there to be 'liked', and Imperial society is certainly not suppose to be equal..... Well that's the Sith's argument anyway.

While the Empire may be physically strengthened by allowing more aliens into their ranks, it would fundamentally change the Empire - the Sith and Imperial aristocracy would fade away. That would have weakened the xenophobic and tradition based Empire that said Sith/Imperials professed to strengthen, and create a new empire which is sickening to those currently in power.

meanken
04.08.2013 , 06:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Romana View Post
The Empire would not be strengthened by allowing Aliens to consider themselves equal to humans... or god forbid purebloods. The empire will not be strengthened the day that it shares power with the alien barbarians. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The Sith and it's Empire is not there to be 'liked', and Imperial society is certainly not suppose to be equal..... Well that's the Sith's argument anyway.

While the Empire may be physically strengthened by allowing more aliens into their ranks, it would fundamentally change the Empire - the Sith and Imperial aristocracy would fade away. That would have weakened the xenophobic and tradition based Empire that said Sith/Imperials professed to strengthen, and create a new empire which is sickening to those currently in power.
You are probably correct. Heck, I have heard some people saying that the republic from the prequel movies is in fact the empire from this timeline, after having undergone subtle changes over 3000 years that, over time, caused it to become the very thing they fought against. (Said people typicly point at simalartys between the imp flag and the prequel flag, as well as other things

Mercurial_Harpy
04.08.2013 , 06:39 PM | #15
Since my "main" is an Agent, was sooo glad to see this.

It made no sense whatsoever that the Empire would continue for an extended period of time with NO Intelligence. No sense at all. Especially since the minute they disbanded Intelligence, they got their @ss handed to them. Repeatedly. Of course, it seems longer than it really was, since game-play time does not equal in-game time.

IA Spoilers...for those who have yet to roll one.

Spoiler

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

MitchPB
04.08.2013 , 10:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post
Since my "main" is an Agent, was sooo glad to see this.

It made no sense whatsoever that the Empire would continue for an extended period of time with NO Intelligence. No sense at all. Especially since the minute they disbanded Intelligence, they got their @ss handed to them. Repeatedly. Of course, it seems longer than it really was, since game-play time does not equal in-game time.

IA Spoilers...for those who have yet to roll one.

Spoiler

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow
That moment ruined the IA story line for me