Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You're asking a whole lot for a crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
You're asking a whole lot for a crystal

Jensaari
04.06.2013 , 06:41 PM | #1
Players are charging the hell out of these White-Black Crystals, by the time I'll come up with the credits I'll be at lvl 50 and would have no use for it. You gotta come up with more reasonable prices than over a million for a lvl 10 item guys.

ChewyYui
04.06.2013 , 07:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jensaari View Post
Players are charging the hell out of these White-Black Crystals, by the time I'll come up with the credits I'll be at lvl 50 and would have no use for it. You gotta come up with more reasonable prices than over a million for a lvl 10 item guys.
They're a rare item in cartel packs, which means there aren't hundreds of them about, the rarer the item, the more expensive it is. You clearly only want the crystal for the stats to boost a lower level character, so buy one of the other cartel colour crystals, they sell about 100k-ish on my server.

No one is forcing you to buy that crystal at over a million, so stop complaining.

Revan masks sell for 2mil+ and that's a level 1 item.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Emperor-Norton
04.06.2013 , 07:49 PM | #3
Lots of people want the item for its aesthetics, not for its bonuses while leveling.

Callaron
04.07.2013 , 11:11 AM | #4
In addition to what's already been said;

It's a level "10" item that lasts until end game, making it an item you don't even have to replace at level 50.
A lot of people desire it for their alts, a way of twinking them - and unless you get one by paying real money for it (and luck) through the packs, you aren't likely to be able to afford one unless you have a high level character to fund you - or you are savvy with the GTN.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Jensaari
04.07.2013 , 07:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They're a rare item in cartel packs, which means there aren't hundreds of them about, the rarer the item, the more expensive it is. You clearly only want the crystal for the stats to boost a lower level character, so buy one of the other cartel colour crystals, they sell about 100k-ish on my server.

No one is forcing you to buy that crystal at over a million, so stop complaining.

Revan masks sell for 2mil+ and that's a level 1 item.
That's what they're charging for the crystals on my server

Jensaari
04.07.2013 , 08:00 PM | #6
It's not worth it, you can still get those stats from cheaper crystals at lvl 10 like Purple or Cyan on the market

hazzingharry
04.08.2013 , 01:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jensaari View Post
It's not worth it, you can still get those stats from cheaper crystals at lvl 10 like Purple or Cyan on the market
yeh but are those crystals more rare or less rare??

Kirameki
04.08.2013 , 02:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hazzingharry View Post
Way less rare.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Twitter | Raptr | Tumblr
My refer a friend link

Jossajus
04.08.2013 , 02:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by hazzingharry View Post
Less rare. I've gotten half a dozen purples and haven't seen a single white-black. The fact is: the OP wants something very rare for cosmetic reasons. Everyone wants this crystal for cosmetic reasons. It has a very high demand and a very low supply, therefore ppl can charge pretty much whatever they want for them. I've seen the purple and cyan ones for 100-300k, which is cheaper than most end game mods. (because these crystals can be used all the way up to lvl 50 and beyond. Once 2.0 comes out there will be better ones, of course.

hazzingharry
04.08.2013 , 02:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jossajus View Post
Less rare. I've gotten half a dozen purples and haven't seen a single white-black. The fact is: the OP wants something very rare for cosmetic reasons. Everyone wants this crystal for cosmetic reasons. It has a very high demand and a very low supply, therefore ppl can charge pretty much whatever they want for them. I've seen the purple and cyan ones for 100-300k, which is cheaper than most end game mods. (because these crystals can be used all the way up to lvl 50 and beyond. Once 2.0 comes out there will be better ones, of course.
So they do have a reason for charging such a high price for the black-white crystals.
Its not like all the people on the server want to rip you off. Or maybe they do on your server