Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Sharing of Cargo Hold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Legacy Sharing of Cargo Hold

Whizslam
04.06.2013 , 07:02 AM | #1
Good Morning All,

I'm a levelling nutt and love crafting my own stuff for my chars. The only thing I hate is having to send mats from one char to the next just to make something and then doing the same again.

Just a thought for the devs. Would you be able to make the cargo holds shared between all your chars in your legacy?

Just a thought,

Regards

Whiz

buxstop
04.06.2013 , 08:54 PM | #2
The way I beat it was to create a guild, then I stored common mats in the guild bank. My mains are in big ops /pvp guilds. Crafters are in my "crafting guild. To go with what you are saying though, YES a legacy vault would be awesome!

Jossajus
04.07.2013 , 04:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizslam View Post
Good Morning All,

I'm a levelling nutt and love crafting my own stuff for my chars. The only thing I hate is having to send mats from one char to the next just to make something and then doing the same again.

Just a thought for the devs. Would you be able to make the cargo holds shared between all your chars in your legacy?

Just a thought,

Regards

Whiz
Ahhh... but then they wouldn't be able to charge you to increase your hold seperately for each character. EA would lose money.

AlexDougherty
04.07.2013 , 04:57 AM | #4
would esssentially turn "binds on equip" or "binds on pickup" into "binds to Legacy" so not going to happen, sorry.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

ChrisRedmond
04.07.2013 , 04:59 AM | #5
I've been whining for a Lagacy bank for months now. Don't look like it's happening
If you can't fix it, forget it.

LordSilversouls
04.07.2013 , 05:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisRedmond View Post
I've been whining for a Lagacy bank for months now. Don't look like it's happening

Hundreds have wanted this me included and I still hope that this will come sometime but untill then lets cross our fingers and hope that the servers will come back

Callaron
04.07.2013 , 10:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
would esssentially turn "binds on equip" or "binds on pickup" into "binds to Legacy" so not going to happen, sorry.
Nah, they could easily do it like Guild Banks - some stuff can't be stored in the Legacy Bank.
Provided they make it a Legacy Cargo bay, and not just turn the cargo bays entirely Legacy - I'm sure the OP could live with that since a separate "Legacy" tab would still serve his purpose.
They can even charge CC for it, DDO does it for your account shared bank IIRC.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

DonkeyGobbler
04.08.2013 , 02:26 AM | #8
I've been after this for ages. I've got 14 characters and it's a pain logging in and out checking for materials.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Not at all, they just need to make it so that bound equipment can't be placed in it.

DarthVengeant
04.08.2013 , 09:22 AM | #9
Considering many other MMO's that this, I fail to see why Bioware hasn't added it. But, they don't have Armor Dye either, and most ALL MMO's have that too. So, its obvious Bioware doesn't care what people really want. They'd rather add more ugly looking armor (because 90% of all armor in this game is atrocious) and cartel crap.

beasthunt
04.09.2013 , 05:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Considering many other MMO's that this, I fail to see why Bioware hasn't added it. But, they don't have Armor Dye either, and most ALL MMO's have that too. So, its obvious Bioware doesn't care what people really want. They'd rather add more ugly looking armor (because 90% of all armor in this game is atrocious) and cartel crap.
You and I need to be friends. I support this 100% and have been saying this same thing for quite a while now. I myself have been screaming for a legacy bank system since I came back in August. This is not a new request and in my time in the game I have heard mainly great joy over such an idea. They just absolutely do not concern themselves with what the players would like. How to charge cartel coins is the main focus of this game.

So what i'm saying to you is this. Look for it in the upcoming "legacy bank cartel pack". Low drop rate so look at about 200 bucks worth of packs until you can get one. Fair, right?
"Maverik Matuso will be my name.
Killing for teh lewt will be my game"