Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planets That Need To Be Added

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Planets That Need To Be Added

Ziso
04.01.2013 , 11:02 AM | #21
Kashyyyk would be my choice.
As part of Life Day in Star Wars Galaxies I once hosted a wookie/Kashyyyk quiz night so did abit of research for the questions and Kashyyyk could easily fit into Tor based on its history.

(Bits from Wiki)

Millennia before the rise of the Galactic Republic, Kashyyyk was a member world of the Rakatan Infinite Empire. Its surface was terraformed by the Rakata for agricultural purposes, but the collapse of their empire left their terraforming machines unattended, resulting in the planet's abnormally large foliage.
In 4,020 BBY, Kashyyyk was discovered by Czerka Corporation, which renamed the planet first G5-623 and then, after a poll of stockholders, Edean. They recognized the Wookiees' strength and began to enslave them.
During the Mandalorian Wars, the Mandalorians considered conquering Kashyyyk, although they eventually decided against it; their plans for assault included burning down huge sections of forest and glassing entire continents in order to actually create a place to fight.
It was presumably some time after this that Kashyyyk decided to join the Galactic Republic. The Wookiees reverse-engineered the hyperdrive from a Trandoshan vessel. They were welcomed into the Republic through dealings with the Corellians, Verpine, and Alderaanians.
In 1,003 BBY during the New Sith Wars, the planet was conquered by the Brotherhood of Darkness. The Sith were then defeated by Valenthyne Farfalla, for which he was honored by the local tribal leaders.

Axe_Faktor
04.01.2013 , 02:13 PM | #22
I would be surprised if we didn't see Kashyyyk added at some point in the life of this game. I think it's by far the fan favorite for planets that they want added. And in spite of its appearance in the movies, tv shows, video games, etc. there really is a huge amount of unique stuff they could do to it. I mean it's a huge forest. You can hide anything you want in there.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

SalBasss
04.01.2013 , 02:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
I think the point isn't that they haven't done any, but just that the galaxy is so huge and SWTOR is a perfect opportunity to explore parts of it we haven't seen yet.
Yes, but that guy's post made it sounds like all the game was doing is recreating the movies, which is far from true.

The game needs a balance of new planets and pre-existing ones to be able to market the game successfully.
Shadowlands

slafko
04.03.2013 , 01:05 AM | #24
Kashyyyk and Dantooine please.

xRadicalEdx
04.03.2013 , 12:53 PM | #25
I think it would be cool to have Yavin and Endor to explore. Also I think the Kessle run should be added as a space mission.
REPUBLIC HEAVYWEIGHTS
Lylou | Chorbin | Korbon | Asha'hyal
IMPERIAL HEAVYWEIGHTS
Jecassa | Errill | Elankorf

LordSilversouls
04.04.2013 , 09:55 AM | #26
I would love to have Kamino as a explorable planet. Water is my favorite when it comes to the 5 elements, so I vote sky-high for it

CaldaRaric
04.05.2013 , 12:16 PM | #27
Yavin IV would be cool to explore. Although, I could see there not being much for non-Force users, and I don't know the political implications it has for both factions to go there.

Anysao
04.06.2013 , 11:13 AM | #28
Hmm... My thoughts on these...

Kashyyyk- that could be a fun, republic-themed world.
Geonosis- truth be told, I wouldn't be very interested. It's just a barren bug-filled world.
Mustafar- During the old republic era, it's a nice, non-volcanic world. There should however, be a lava-y world
Kamino- I think in the old republic era, it's an ice planet. It melted into an ocian.
Naboo- this world has a lot of possibilities. I can imagine an ENTIRELY unsettled world, besides the gungans. No paths, just trees, and gungan camps that you don't understand their language without a ship droid or HK51 to translate them. It would truly be a fun, and dangerous planet.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

ScarletBlaze
04.08.2013 , 11:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by sir_star_wars View Post
I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk
Naboo
Kamino
Geonosis
Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Nice but remember Mustafar was not always a volcano planet. Once a lush green world, Mustafar was home to a Jedi Enclave built around 5,300 BBY so it would most likely be very different in this time zone than what most would expect.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity

Axe_Faktor
04.10.2013 , 07:58 PM | #30
You know what I'd really like to see them do? Open up some of the WZ/OP/FP worlds for exploration. Belsavis, Hutta, Alderaan, Ilum, etc. are in the game as playable worlds, why can't Denova, Asation, Kaon, Cademimu and friends get full planets. In terms of being realistic, it's an easy option. The texture packs and environmental elements needed are already in the game, and the stories already exist. Couldn't be too hard to develop.

By that same token, it shouldn't be hard to create flashpoints, ops, and wzs themed around worlds that don't have them. If I could pick one planet that should get its own FP/WZ/OP based on it it would be Quesh. Something needs to be done to make that place more interesting.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel