Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 more days of team bubblestun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5 more days of team bubblestun

cycao
04.05.2013 , 09:58 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Read my sig and see if you can guess which alt is getting to 50 this weekend.
Arsenal merc not hard, i'm doing the same thing.

Capt_Beers
04.05.2013 , 10:05 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Shaddap! Don't let everyone know the best PvP class will be in 2.0. I want all the leetness for myself.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

biowareftw
04.05.2013 , 10:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Hells yeah! Back to reality though and the sleeper of 2.0 is a 12, 31, 3 shadow/sin. Don't tell anyone though. Let it be a surprise for all the rerolled snipers/smashers, wondering why someone in tank stance is bursting their face off.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Tyrias
04.05.2013 , 11:18 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Compensate? The bubble still works on YOU. If they trinket that you can stun them. Along with that you got an immunity. All the sorcs/sages cried about burst? You got it. You are now bursty as hell with lightning/tk. No class is supposed to have 3 straight instant cast CC's while not filling a resolve bar (you could click off the shield at any time). That would be like letting scoundrels/op's sun you on the opener then stun you again, then flash grenade you on top of that. It was stupid...

...Sorc/sages with their new immunity are not going to be a soft target. Not by a long shot. If you think they are, it is because bubblestun spoiled bad players so much, that they never even learned how to kite/los, on a class that designed to do just that.
3 Instant CC's? You know that anyone speccing bubble stun were Seer/TK, which means no instant Force lift. Just saying. I agree though, that immunity would make up for our utility... if it had a more reasonable cooldown. Considering unlike any other 'defensive' cooldown we can't do anything channeling, it's current cooldown is pretty ridiculous.

It's also worth noting that in reference to kiting, our DoT-and-Kite skill tree is getting worse at kiting (No more instant Force Lift, and now Sever Force will also be resist-able and we're gaining no new mobility tools, where-as almost every other class is gaining something in moblity. On the PTS, playing a full balance spec was very painful compared to live. Force barrier is going to stall things, not make us super-tough.

Quote:
The crit nerf effected everyone, not just dps sorc/sages. I love how this one AC acts like all buffs/nerfs effect ONLY them.
True. However, what nobody seems to mention is the accuracy changes. In 2.0, we'll have to drop a portion of our DPS stats to pick up this new stat (new to sages anyway). Those changes are going to bring our damage down compared to other classes who already needed accuracy, and who's damaged was based on that fact.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

foxmob
04.05.2013 , 11:48 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Ha, I wasnt even refering to the bubble. stun. I'm fine with that being gone but I don't see anything compensating for it. Instead they've managed to nerf our armor and get rid of instant WW. Or how about the nerf to crit? Sorcs/sages rely on those for force/health management, which was already pretty bad in normal warzones, while other AC-specs can lean back on auto-crits or significally increased crit chances. Were sages and sorcs really so good that they had to nerf them? It's a peculiar approach.
fair enough.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

foxmob
04.05.2013 , 11:50 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Read my sig and see if you can guess which alt is getting to 50 this weekend.
I"m surprised you don't already have a 50 sent.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

MidichIorian
04.05.2013 , 01:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Compensate? The bubble still works on YOU.
Stun breaks on damage.

Quote:
Along with that you got an immunity.
You honestly think that the average sorc will take advantage of polarity shift? It's an ability that requires that you have some form of situational awareness and are able to foresee coming events. It's not a "oh crap button". Would have been better if it had been proced or passive. An average sorc/sage is not better than an average player on other classes.
Quote:
All the sorcs/sages cried about burst? You got it. You are now bursty as hell with lightning/tk.
At what cost? Being forced to play a tree that is completely different from madness, a tree no one ever played, on behalf of being a sitting duck, and similar to marksman but not able to compete with it in terms of anything?
Quote:
No class is supposed to have 3 straight instant cast CC's while not filling a resolve bar (you could click off the shield at any time). That would be like letting scoundrels/op's sun you on the opener then stun you again, then flash grenade you on top of that. It was stupid.
What are these three stuns you speak of? We have electrocute , which has a range that isnt correlating with our effective range. It's like giving warriors a stun that only works in the 10-30 m range because "there's no need for them to stun someone within saber range". Then there's whirlwind, which now has an activation time. What you refer to as the third is a top skill and if you take it you'll be stuck with horrible force management.

Quote:
The crit nerf effected everyone, not just dps sorc/sages. I love how this one AC acts like all buffs/nerfs effect ONLY them.
I never said "all of them" but a good deal of trees have core abilties with auto-crits or vastly improved cit chances. Not to mention that the AC'es/specs are better in general. Always a disclaimer for commando/merc but as I've told you before; I'm not arguing based on worse classes. I'm comparing "my" class to the AC'es/specs that currently are way ahead.
Quote:
The only reason force management was bad is you were instant healing your entire team (there is no offensive dispel), while providing an on demand aoe stun FOR SMASHERS, so that they could smash more people LOL.
When I'm refering to poor force management I'm talking about madness and other specs without Effusion. Effusion is the only reason to why I've been using the stun bubble, if I have to spec that high for force management I might aswell take the stun too. Normal warzones are completely random and will for the most part not allow madness to stand in one spot and nicely cast FL all the time. You will have to constantly clip it and run and every time you do you'll lose force. It's fine if you die once per minute but not so great if you're a survivor. It's more or less impossible to run out of mana on particulary one of the classes in 2.0.

Quote:
The only people who liked bubblestun was trash sorc/sages who were going up against teams without bubblestun. That is what made you think it was fantastic. If you played a team that also had it? It made smash STRONGER, because all other melee specs were screwed over by it MORE, and when both teams melee are sitting in stuns the whole game, the spec with the most burst in one attack is going to be the best one. The dmg in between smashes isn't great. When you are both stunned though? That cooldown is resetting, while everyone stands there in crappy turn based combat.
Weird because I've never had a problem with it on my operative and scoundrel.

Quote:
Sorc/sages with their new immunity are not going to be a soft target. Not by a long shot. If you think they are, it is because bubblestun spoiled bad players so much, that they never even learned how to kite/los, on a class that designed to do just that.
One hell of a contradiction considering that you in one of your previous arguments claimed that we now have burst. Again, as full Lightning. Are you seriously arguing that Lightning is a kite spec? That would, per definition, make every spec in the game a kite spec.

Monterone
04.05.2013 , 02:27 PM | #38
If only we could say 5 more days of smash too.
Saminette
<DMG Ctrl> <HYPE>
Harbinger

Simmerr
04.05.2013 , 02:28 PM | #39
Because, you know, SMASH IS NOT OP AT ALL AND IS COMPLETELY BALANCED. Morons
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS

biowareftw
04.05.2013 , 03:32 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
You honestly think that the average sorc will take advantage of polarity shift? It's an ability that requires that you have some form of situational awareness and are able to foresee coming events. It's not a "oh crap button". Would have been better if it had been proced or passive. An average sorc/sage is not better than an average player on other classes.
Uh ok. So stupidity should make your class auto play for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYS1szgjDoE

You got iceblock in 2.0. If you think iceblock is bad? I don't know what to tell you.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)