Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 more days of team bubblestun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5 more days of team bubblestun

Fearine
04.05.2013 , 06:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post

Of course, we still have that twin plague the smashmonkey, but saying "bubblestun was the only thing stopping Smash" is to get the wrong end of the stick. They were both horrible, game-buggering goblins, and if one is dead I'll cheer while I hope the other's demise soon follows. One step in the right direction is better than none.
Well I have a secret hope.

Now that all smashbots will start droping like flies from FoTM Snipers (because as you know the "bad vs bad" battle is clearly matter of class) they will probably reroll a Sniper too.

This will keep only the good smashers loyal to their spec.
As a result the famous "metrics" of Bioware will show that smash spec is actually very effective.
Because if you have 10 people with 8 of them being bad the statistics show 80% underperformance.
But if they remain only those two goods then the thing changes.

And when this day comes your Scoundrel will be in a warzone full of FoTM Snipers.
I hope you have enough quantities of Flachette Rounds

Bioware's famous metrics revealed:
Q: Someone told me his son (George Lukas) played the game.
Answer: (Bioware) Yeah I heard that too. A lot of us with teenage kids try to get them to explain things to us.

Aebrynis
04.05.2013 , 07:13 AM | #22
I've always played full Madness spec on my sorcie, so the bubblestun nerf means nothing to me. But I agree they should have refrained from the apotheosis of certain character types - if it throws it too far out of whack, I'll just reroll a FotM and let my sorceress cool her jets for a while while I play a game of "Snipers & Smashmonkeys". Eventually someone at EAWare will realize they made a boneheaded mistake in nerfing one but not others. May take a while, but I'm patient.

Crawelc
04.05.2013 , 07:32 AM | #23
As a combat sent it took me about 3 days to figure out ways around bubble stuns, but my vent will be alot quieter with them gone. No more "STUNNED TO DEATH ZOMG STUNNED FOR 12 SECONDS ***"
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

biowareftw
04.05.2013 , 08:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
I'd be ok with the bubblestun nerf if smashers got nerfed to the ground as well

But no they push them further
Bubblestun didn't slow down smash...at all. It just turned SWTOR into a turn based game where if you were going to play melee you better be able to do all your dmg in a short window, which made smash one of the best specs and lowered the skill cap of the spec by quite a bit. You had no filler in between bubblestuns, and you mesed, bubblestunned (clicked it off) smashed them.

The only time bubblestun slowed down smash is when only one side had it and the other didn't, which simply didn't happen when two decent teams played one another. It became a required spec and slowed down/made the game worse for everyone.

Also how did rage/focus get a buff? Op's/scoundrels can roll away, sages/sorc can go immune, and snipers/slingers who are the hard counter to rage/focus are getting buffed like crazy.

I expect the next wave of QQ won't be about slingers/snipers, but will instead be rerolled snipers/slingers crying about stealth.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

islander
04.05.2013 , 08:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It will also be the last nail in the coffin for 99 % of all dps sorcs and sages in normal warzones, which makes up for nearly 100 % of all games played. If they've been hanging in there this long I highly doubt that they're the types that simply re-roll so it will be 1.2 all over again (read: population will dip and dps sorcs/sages will be considered unicorns in warzones). I think a good deal of commandos and mercs are starting to feel like they've had enough too.
Why? DPS sorcs still get bubble stun - self cast.

but yes, it's almost like Bioware is telling you not to queue for PvP if you're a commando/merc, unless you want to heal.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

MidichIorian
04.05.2013 , 09:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
dot spec always has done a ton of dmg, but it is splash dmg. no doubt there.

my real answer, though, is suck it up. the mechanic was broken. I know all about playing a nerfed spec. my first pvp toon was (inexplicably!) a mando dps. here's the thing though, BW "fixed" sage dps with a ridiculous ability/utility that may have improved playability for one class, but significantly detracted, if not ruined it, for like 5 other ACs/specs. so whine all you want. that's the reaction you're gonna get. it's not that ppl don't have sympathy for the sage/sorc dps situation, but bubble-stun was a horrible mechanic and nothing more than a band-aid.

I haven't played the PTS because I feel like enough of a beta tester on live versions of games, so I have no idea whether they've actually addressed sage and mando dps in a meaningful way. however, they did eliminate the ridiculous aspects of bubble stun, which is a great big fat yay! in my book.

instead of defending bubble-stun, I think all these sages/sorcs ought to argue for meaningful fixes to their dps situation. look at the sniper (pre- 2.0). they're a viable turret dps. lightning and grav are also turret, bursty dps trees (for their ACs). they require similar sorts of tools. don't cry for some broken bubble stuff that you have no business applying to the entire ops in the first place. cry for a reasonable toolbox that BW somehow decided (long ago) should only belong to snipers/gs.
Ha, I wasnt even refering to the bubble. stun. I'm fine with that being gone but I don't see anything compensating for it. Instead they've managed to nerf our armor and get rid of instant WW. Or how about the nerf to crit? Sorcs/sages rely on those for force/health management, which was already pretty bad in normal warzones, while other AC-specs can lean back on auto-crits or significally increased crit chances. Were sages and sorcs really so good that they had to nerf them? It's a peculiar approach.

KettleBelll
04.05.2013 , 09:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Since my old sig is about to become invalidated, thanks for the new sig ^^
lol

Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server

ExpectWar
04.05.2013 , 09:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
I've always played full Madness spec on my sorcie, so the bubblestun nerf means nothing to me. But I agree they should have refrained from the apotheosis of certain character types - if it throws it too far out of whack, I'll just reroll a FotM and let my sorceress cool her jets for a while while I play a game of "Snipers & Smashmonkeys". Eventually someone at EAWare will realize they made a boneheaded mistake in nerfing one but not others. May take a while, but I'm patient.
agreed
Bobbybimbo - The Bastion

biowareftw
04.05.2013 , 09:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Ha, I wasnt even refering to the bubble. stun. I'm fine with that being gone but I don't see anything compensating for it. Instead they've managed to nerf our armor and get rid of instant WW. Or how about the nerf to crit? Sorcs/sages rely on those for force/health management, which was already pretty bad in normal warzones, while other AC-specs can lean back on auto-crits or significally increased crit chances. Were sages and sorcs really so good that they had to nerf them? It's a peculiar approach.
Compensate? The bubble still works on YOU. If they trinket that you can stun them. Along with that you got an immunity. All the sorcs/sages cried about burst? You got it. You are now bursty as hell with lightning/tk. No class is supposed to have 3 straight instant cast CC's while not filling a resolve bar (you could click off the shield at any time). That would be like letting scoundrels/op's sun you on the opener then stun you again, then flash grenade you on top of that. It was stupid.

The crit nerf effected everyone, not just dps sorc/sages. I love how this one AC acts like all buffs/nerfs effect ONLY them.

The only reason force management was bad is you were instant healing your entire team (there is no offensive dispel), while providing an on demand aoe stun FOR SMASHERS, so that they could smash more people LOL.

If you are running out of mana healing yourself while LOS'd and doing a damage rotation? Um how?

The only people who liked bubblestun was trash sorc/sages who were going up against teams without bubblestun. That is what made you think it was fantastic. If you played a team that also had it? It made smash STRONGER, because all other melee specs were screwed over by it MORE, and when both teams melee are sitting in stuns the whole game, the spec with the most burst in one attack is going to be the best one. The dmg in between smashes isn't great. When you are both stunned though? That cooldown is resetting, while everyone stands there in crappy turn based combat.

Sorc/sages with their new immunity are not going to be a soft target. Not by a long shot. If you think they are, it is because bubblestun spoiled bad players so much, that they never even learned how to kite/los, on a class that designed to do just that.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Capt_Beers
04.05.2013 , 09:57 AM | #30
Read my sig and see if you can guess which alt is getting to 50 this weekend.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics