Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Legacy Achievements
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aries_cz
04.03.2013 , 03:21 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by deathsg View Post
nice addition, but we all know what this will lead to.

LFM Operation Must have <said Achievement>
Why would this happen? The achievements do not reward anything but Titles...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

elitenz
04.03.2013 , 03:21 PM | #32
I loved this on the PTS but lots of it was broken with rewards not being given to alts via the legacy Achievement system !example a title it would mail you that title but it was a 1 time use and then it wouldn't allow me to select that title once again from within the Legacy Achievement panel system.

Also the titles were not listed under your legacy titles they were listed under the normal section of your player titles so I hope all this has been fixed because if not it's going to be a mess like it was on the PTS.

deathsg
04.03.2013 , 03:24 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Why would this happen? The achievements do not reward anything but Titles...
because that is 100% the case when achievements are implemented.

Felioats
04.03.2013 , 03:24 PM | #34
I don't remember who on the team said it, but a long time ago, this was billed as something really revolutionary that we hadn't seen before, and he was really excited about it.

Does that part come later?
>

WillWallace
04.03.2013 , 03:26 PM | #35 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
Thank you to "Sir" William Wallace for explaining this....

Can you add a Freedom achievement
Sure, but I would make it two achievements.

"They'll Never Take Our Freedom..." - Deliver an inspirational speech to your group mates while in a Warzone.

"...But They May Take Our Lives" - Kill any player who is currently delivering an inspirational speech in a Warzone.
William Wallace
Senior Designer

WillWallace
04.03.2013 , 03:30 PM | #36 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
I loved this on the PTS but lots of it was broken with rewards not being given to alts via the legacy Achievement system !example a title it would mail you that title but it was a 1 time use and then it wouldn't allow me to select that title once again from within the Legacy Achievement panel system.

Also the titles were not listed under your legacy titles they were listed under the normal section of your player titles so I hope all this has been fixed because if not it's going to be a mess like it was on the PTS.
The titles have all been moved to the Legacy Title system. They will be granted like other Legacy Titles and will be available to all characters, except in the case of a few faction specific ones that will only be displayable on characters of the same faction---for instance, the Republic Ace title can only be used on your Republic characters.
William Wallace
Senior Designer

TheNahash
04.03.2013 , 03:37 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
And yet another repost:
I'm convinced 99% of the items we've seen added to the Cartel Market so far were originally conceived as rewards for the upcoming achievement system.
I'd like to know what makes you 99% sure that the items we've seen added to CM where originally conceived as rewards for the achievement system.

Is it the multitude of rewards we received for leveling up our legacies, prior to the game going F2P?
The numerous rewards we received for reaching valor 100 or Social X, again prior to the game going F2P?
Or is it the tremendous amount of updates those few rewards that were already in the game from day 1 (titles, mounts and a few armor sets) had received until Fall 2012 when the game went F2P?

/end sarcasm

Honestly now, do you truly think that if it were not for the Cartel Market, reaching level 50 with a Sith Inquisitor would get you a Throne?

I'm not saying that there is no possibility that some of these items could've been drops in HM and NiM Operations if the game hadn't gone F2P and if the Cartel Market was not introduced, but to think that the items you mentioned would've been given away so easily is a very, very big stretch.

Arthuriuan
04.03.2013 , 03:39 PM | #38
Henceforth, we will no longer call you "William Wallace". In our tribe, your name shall forever be "Dances with Womp Rats".

FontusSW
04.03.2013 , 03:39 PM | #39
Does the achievement system replace the codex?
If not, is the codex getting any 'improvements'?

potatman
04.03.2013 , 03:46 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by WillWallace View Post

"...But They May Take Our Lives" - Kill any player who is currently delivering an inspirational speech in a Warzone.
Or better yet, give that one to the killed individual giving the speech.