Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Focused Defense focus cost-Skill in general

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Focused Defense focus cost-Skill in general

Creslan
03.31.2013 , 01:08 AM | #1
With Vanguards finally receiving an agro reducing ability in 2.0, I and many other guardians think that it is time to re-evaluate the focus cost on Focused defense. It's current cost is 4 focus in Vigilance, and 2 focus in Focus with talents. I believe it will be the only agro reducing skill come 2.0 that costs any sort of resource.

We would like to see the cost reduced entirely or reduced to 1 for vigilance and 0 for focus.

Honestly the 2 effects it currently does should be seperated, but that is another matter.

Draqsko
04.03.2013 , 09:50 AM | #2
Focus cost is fine for the heal ticks, Activation cost should be halved, 2 in Vigilance, 1 in Focus trees. But for pete's sake remove the threat drop and make it a seperate skill. Every other DPS class can drop threat while maintaining their DPS, only guardians have to gimp their DPS to drop threat. Guardian tanks won't use it because it drops threat, limiting the usefulness of the self heal, Guardian DPS won't use it because it gimps DPS by draining focus, is there really any other skill designed worse than this? When no tree wants to touch a skill because of the drawbacks associated with using it, I really think it's time to redesign the skill and seperate it's functions.

Andrew_Past
04.03.2013 , 12:29 PM | #3
It would be nice if they removed all the focus cost to Focused Defense and reworked the Through Peace talent. It would give PVE DPS the threat dump that they deserve and allow PVP players to use it with better flexibility. PVE tanks still wouldn't use it and it's not powerful enough of a defensive for Focus or Tank specs to warrant a focus cost. There's no reason in the current or upcoming meta of the game to keep the focus cost of Focused Defense.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch