Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Brackets in Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Brackets in Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

revial
04.02.2013 , 08:26 PM | #1
I've avoided the PTR because leveling every class to 55 is going to be boring enough without having already experienced the content ahead of time, but for those who were on it, I have a question:

What are the pvp brackets now in Makeb? 1-49, 50-54, 55? 1-54, 55? 1-49, 50-55?
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

piSith
04.02.2013 , 08:30 PM | #2
I think it's 1-50, 51-54, 50.

Reasoning behind this maybe because they're trying to seperate the Expac users and non-Expac users. Since 51 you get your new skills so a wz from 50-54 would be a bunch of gimped lvl 50 F2Ps. Then again it'll be worse for 1-50, but there's always bolster
Black Hand Council
Dread'mare The Destructive
<The Tenebrae Legacy>

Lord TyranikusMarauderDarth Kalup

revial
04.02.2013 , 08:33 PM | #3
I have to imagine someone actually played on the PTR and knows the answer, but thanks for your hopes on the matter.

Edit: Dulfy has a post on his/her website from February that would insinuate the brackets will now be 10-29, and 30-54. No idea if that's still the case or not.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

cashogy_reborn
04.02.2013 , 09:02 PM | #4
iirc, its like 10-29, 30-54, 55.

and you didnt have to level up on PTS. you clicked a terminal and were made auto-55 and with all abilities maxed for free, no matter what level you were
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

jmsutton
04.02.2013 , 09:33 PM | #5
10-29, 30-54, 55.

Ossos
04.02.2013 , 10:02 PM | #6
That's awesome. So what you're saying is that come Makeb I can get together with some guildies and we can roll lower level players with crap gear until we all hit level 55?

That's so freaking awesome. More proof that BW just doesn't give a rat-F.
Preventing Hackers and Exploiters from ruining the game is not a priority. Preventing you from mentioning the fact that they exist and go unpunished is.

Glower
04.02.2013 , 10:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
That's awesome. So what you're saying is that come Makeb I can get together with some guildies and we can roll lower level players with crap gear until we all hit level 55?

Don't worry! With new naked-mode bolster everything will be fine!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Jenzali
04.02.2013 , 11:12 PM | #8

They did it so that people buy the expansion rather than remaining a twink at level 50 forever.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Wainamoinen
04.03.2013 , 03:08 AM | #9
So what you're saying is that come Makeb I can get together with some guildies and we can roll lower level players with crap gear until we all hit level 55?.
No. Bolster is being changed so it works on gear slots instead of level.

You enter a warzone wearing last year's corduroy flares, they're buffed to grunt-grade plasteel armour (right down to having no gear at all in a slot and getting buffed up, hence comments about naked pvp). The idea is that these stats are not quite as good as earned pvp gear, but good enough to contribute. So if you still suck it's not your gear's fault.

Well, that's the theory anyway.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

AlexModny
04.03.2013 , 08:51 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
10-29, 30-54, 55 & 55 Ranked.

I've got a blog post coming up explaining in detail the reasoning behind these bracket changes for 2.0. Stay tuned!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]