Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrigPt
04.01.2013 , 12:53 PM | #101
Quote:
Can we get some clarification on what exactly is going to happen on the 9th for those who did not preorder or preordered after the Jan 7th cutoff date? The reason I ask is because there is also a major game update coming with the expansion. This update includes some very drastic changes to the skill trees that might make those 5 days of waiting to be a but frustrating for some. Will we be able to gain XP during these 5 days but NOT access Makeb and L55 content or do we have to wait until the 14th (for those who preordered late)? Will we be able to spend our newly converted comms on the Makeb planetary or Classic vendors? Will we still have access to the current skill trees (31 points to top tier skill) until the 14th? In short, is 2.0 with all its changes releasing on the 9th or 14th when all preorders have access to it?
This needs an answer.

Is patch 2.0 deployed on the 9th but only eligible players have acces to Makeb and related content?
Or do you only get the patch 2.0 changes when you have access to the new expansion?
Same question reworded for clarity. What happens to players on the 9th who don't have early access?

ErictheEnt
04.02.2013 , 06:54 PM | #102
This may seem a dumb question but I haven't heard anyone answer this or mention it. Are all of the classes getting 5 more level of CLASS story? IE, did they get the voice actors to come back and record more class levels? If so, I'm really curious how things will pick up from finishing the previous class story.

Damask_Rose
04.02.2013 , 07:14 PM | #103
They have stated very clearly that there are no class stories, only planet quests. So let's all hope is so amazing that we don't mind doing it over and over again!
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/

ErictheEnt
04.02.2013 , 07:27 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
They have stated very clearly that there are no class stories, only planet quests. So let's all hope is so amazing that we don't mind doing it over and over again!
I couldn't find that answer. Well that sucks; that's basically the part I enjoy the most. I have a sad feeling this expansion is going to bore me quickly. : / Hopefully they'll add to the class stories eventually. I don't mean to pout but I've been playing since launch; I have almost every class maxed out. At least if I was going to get new class stories for each of my 50s that would have been more enjoyable. Sigh.

spectreclees
04.02.2013 , 09:51 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
This needs an answer.

Is patch 2.0 deployed on the 9th but only eligible players have acces to Makeb and related content?
Or do you only get the patch 2.0 changes when you have access to the new expansion?
Same question reworded for clarity. What happens to players on the 9th who don't have early access?
The answer is all the patch 2.0 changes will go live. Things that you do have access to without RotHC like new talent trees will be available to you. However, Makeb and all it's features like getting to 55 will not be accessible until you purchase RotHC and wait for it's launch on the 14th.

Hope this helps clarify it for you.

Attoy
04.07.2013 , 11:49 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
The answer is all the patch 2.0 changes will go live. Things that you do have access to without RotHC like new talent trees will be available to you. However, Makeb and all it's features like getting to 55 will not be accessible until you purchase RotHC and wait for it's launch on the 14th.

Based on that, help me to clarify this, after the deployment of the patch on the 9th I'm not eligible to early access will I be able to gain XP on my level 50 toons?

marginal_error
04.08.2013 , 08:10 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post

SORRY
I purchased early access to "The Rise of the Hutt cartel", and i purchased it SPECIFICALLY so that i could start playing the NEW content, and NOW you tell me we can't even get into Makeb???

WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS?

Early access is early access, what did I buy early access for if we don't get early access
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Attoy
04.08.2013 , 08:12 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by marginal_error View Post
SORRY
I purchased early access to "The Rise of the Hutt cartel", and i purchased it SPECIFICALLY so that i could start playing the NEW content, and NOW you tell me we can't even get into Makeb???

Early access is early access, what did I buy early access for if we don't get early access
Early access is enabled only if you bought the pre-order before the 7th January else you'll got the pre-order items bonus but you'll start Maked and your path from 50 to 55 on the 14th. That's what I understood reading various threads/posts in here.

stuffystuffs
04.08.2013 , 08:13 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by marginal_error View Post
SORRY

That post applies to non-early access people.

You will be able to play Makeb on the 9th if you have early access.
Node guarder

marginal_error
04.08.2013 , 08:17 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
That post applies to non-early access people.

You will be able to play Makeb on the 9th if you have early access.
Thank you for the clarification. I bought it when it became available specifically for that.

Thanks you, and my apologies for the nerd rage.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.