Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ONe time password freaking annoying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ONe time password freaking annoying
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkPharohEclip
04.02.2013 , 08:06 PM | #1
Get rid of it. I thought it was a one time thing, now it is happening all the time and it starts changing. Making it a pain in the *** to log in the *********** game. Please get rid of this crap , I have enough bullcrap and my own password and security questions, *** do I need this stupid thing?

DarkPharohEclip
04.02.2013 , 08:12 PM | #2
If any thing this one time password is jeopardizing my whole account. We all know how easy it is to hack into an email address, now bioware and ea keep on sending us passwords that is putting our accounts at risk. Stop it now, it is unnecessary and damn right annoying.

Andryah
04.02.2013 , 08:16 PM | #3
two words: Security Key.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

DarkPharohEclip
04.02.2013 , 08:18 PM | #4
[QUOTE=Andryah;6088573]two words: Security Key.[/QUOTE
Well I have a few words for you.

I am not wasting the money on that security key for this game, It's not my bank account, if somebody wants to go through the trouble to hack my account, good for them.

This is just an attempt by ea and bioware to annoy people into buying that security key so they don't have to deal with this ****, and I'm not falling for it.

Andryah
04.02.2013 , 08:19 PM | #5
[QUOTE=DarkPharohEclip;6088582]
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
two words: Security Key.[/QUOTE
Well I have a few words for you.

I am not wasting the money on that security key for this game, It's not my bank account, if somebody wants to go through the trouble to hack my account, good for them.

This is just an attempt by ea and bioware to annoy people into buying that security key so they don't have to deal with this ****, and I'm not falling for it.

You know the phone app is free, right?

You know you get 100 cartel coins each month simply for having a security key, right?

DarkPharohEclip
04.02.2013 , 08:22 PM | #6
[QUOTE=Andryah;6088589]
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post

You know the phone app is free, right?

You know you get 100 cartel coins each month simply for having a security key, right?
What phone app? If it is the security key , I didn't know it was free. What if I don't have a cell phone? I do have an iphone, but how did you know that?
If the security key is free on the iphone and I don't have to pay for it, then I may download it.. but that doesn't keep this new system from being annoying.

Andryah
04.02.2013 , 08:26 PM | #7
[QUOTE=DarkPharohEclip;6088601]

What phone app? If it is the security key , I didn't know it was free. What if I don't have a cell phone? I do have an iphone, but how did you know that?
If the security key is free on the iphone and I don't have to pay for it, then I may download it.. but that doesn't keep this new system from being annoying.
Dude.... free app for your phone. What rock you been sleeping under???

Once you add a security key, you won't get the one time passwords anymore.

DaRoamer
04.02.2013 , 08:26 PM | #8

The app is free. It will require you to put in a random set of numbers any time you log you in. However your account will never be hacked and you'll get 100 CCs a month.

I've been using it since launch.

EJedi
04.02.2013 , 08:33 PM | #9
[QUOTE=DarkPharohEclip;6088601]

Seriously??? It's right there on the log-in page. "What is this?" is linked right at the Security Key entry space.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201

Reading is fundamental.
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.

DarkPharohEclip
04.02.2013 , 08:45 PM | #10
[QUOTE=EJedi;6088657]

Seriously??? It's right there on the log-in page. "What is this?" is linked right at the Security Key entry space.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201

Reading is fundamental.
There ya go. Had to take a cheap shot. "HAha Reading is fundamental" , well gee no **** sherlock. Obviously I can read or I wouldn't be responding in this thread. Maybe ,unlike you, I don't wrap my whole life around this game, so i am not aware of all the details on the website.