Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Comms and 2.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kyleslater's Avatar


Kyleslater
04.02.2013 , 03:47 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Darslk View Post
Have any devs said what will happen to unassembled pieces? Should I turn them in for money?
There will be a vendor on zhiost shadow (imperial side) that you can hand the pieces into for crates of comms more or less depending on what level the piece is
I am guessing there is a similar one on the republic side but I didn't care enough about my pub toons to check. so No don't turn them in yet.

potatman's Avatar


potatman
04.02.2013 , 04:31 PM | #82
My biggest concern is with the old gear tokens. While we can turn them over for Classic Coms easy enough, it causes us to hit the cap too quickly. IIRC, Campaign tokens gave 150 Classic Coms in PTS. When I turned in two of them in PTS, it caused me to hit my weekly cap of 200, and flushed the remaining 100 down the toilet.

This concerns me because my main has over a dozen tokens waiting to be turned in (Most are Columi, but still). This means that I will be hitting the weekly cap for at least 2 months just trying to convert my pre-2.0 gear tokens, and will have no reason to do any of the 50~54 elder game content in that time period. This is true for my primary alts as well, but to a much lesser extent.

IMHO, the gear tokens should go towards the one time 800 Com overflow cap, and not towards the weekly 200 Com cap. A dev response would be nice on this one.

Shadodragon's Avatar


Shadodragon
04.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #83
I just have a few clarification questions:

1.) Let's say I log in on the 9th, and find I have 600 Classic Comms. Over the 400 normal limit, but well under the temp limit of 800. I then turn in a bunch of dailies that I saved from the night before to kick start my leveling. Since I'm over the normal limit of 400, will I lose the Classic Comms I would normally earn from those dailies, or will I still earn them as I'm still under 800?

2.) To follow up to question #1, if I can continue to earn Classic Comms while being over 400, but under 800... how long will this window of opportunity last? Wouldn't I just be able to then earn up to 800, spend a few and then return to earning them while never dipping below 400?

3.) I have several pieces of unassembled Columi and Rakata gear in my vault. Similar to my 1st question, if I come into 2.0 w/600 Classic Comms, will I be able to turn those in for comms without first having to drop down below 400 comms? And whether I can of not, do the comms earned from turning in these pieces count toward my weekly earnings?

4.) Lastly, let's say I have an alt that comes into 2.0 with 390 Classic Comms, but they too have unassembled Columi and Rakata pieces, AND have a full quest log of dailies and weeklies. Will my alt be able to exceed the 400 normal limit even though they didn't initially come into the patch above it?
Light side? Dark side? I'm the guy with the Force!

Stay Frosty!
- Shado

potatman's Avatar


potatman
04.02.2013 , 05:53 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadodragon View Post
I just have a few clarification questions:
I think I can answer most of your questions based on the patch notes and what was in PTS.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadodragon View Post
1.) Let's say I log in on the 9th, and find I have 600 Classic Comms. Over the 400 normal limit, but well under the temp limit of 800. I then turn in a bunch of dailies that I saved from the night before to kick start my leveling. Since I'm over the normal limit of 400, will I lose the Classic Comms I would normally earn from those dailies, or will I still earn them as I'm still under 800?
Post 2.0, you can't earn a single com if you are over the 400 cap, regardless of the source. The overflow cap is only in place for converted coms.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadodragon View Post
2.) To follow up to question #1, if I can continue to earn Classic Comms while being over 400, but under 800... how long will this window of opportunity last? Wouldn't I just be able to then earn up to 800, spend a few and then return to earning them while never dipping below 400?
No, see #1.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadodragon View Post
3.) I have several pieces of unassembled Columi and Rakata gear in my vault. Similar to my 1st question, if I come into 2.0 w/600 Classic Comms, will I be able to turn those in for comms without first having to drop down below 400 comms? And whether I can of not, do the comms earned from turning in these pieces count toward my weekly earnings?
No, reason #1 again. And more irritatingly, the converted gear tokens not only have to be under the 400 total cap (even though they should be overflow), but also count towards your weekly 200 cap. IMHO, they should not count towards the weekly cap and BW should add an exception so that they don't count towards the cap before 2.0 goes live. See my post above for more details.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadodragon View Post
4.) Lastly, let's say I have an alt that comes into 2.0 with 390 Classic Comms, but they too have unassembled Columi and Rakata pieces, AND have a full quest log of dailies and weeklies. Will my alt be able to exceed the 400 normal limit even though they didn't initially come into the patch above it?
Again, unfortunately no. No coms can be earned in anyway, shape or form over 400 once 2.0 hits.

Jerqa's Avatar


Jerqa
04.02.2013 , 05:54 PM | #85
Just curious... How come the Planetary Comms are being limited to 50 max? Couldn't that be raised a little bit to maybe 100 or so? Not referring to the overflow but the general amount going forward.

Thank you.

Shadodragon's Avatar


Shadodragon
04.02.2013 , 06:54 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by potatman View Post
I think I can answer most of your questions based on the patch notes and what was in PTS.

Post 2.0, you can't earn a single com if you are over the 400 cap, regardless of the source. The overflow cap is only in place for converted coms.

No, see #1.

No, reason #1 again. And more irritatingly, the converted gear tokens not only have to be under the 400 total cap (even though they should be overflow), but also count towards your weekly 200 cap. IMHO, they should not count towards the weekly cap and BW should add an exception so that they don't count towards the cap before 2.0 goes live. See my post above for more details.

Again, unfortunately no. No coms can be earned in anyway, shape or form over 400 once 2.0 hits.
Makes sense.

Not what I was hoping to hear... but pretty much what I expected. Thanks for the info.
Light side? Dark side? I'm the guy with the Force!

Stay Frosty!
- Shado

Falensawino's Avatar


Falensawino
04.02.2013 , 08:14 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
I've noticed a lot of questions about the upcoming changes to Commendations. To help you make your spending decisions before Game Update 2.0, here are a few of the patch notes:

  • Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single "Planetary Commendation" type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.
  • Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.
  • Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations have all been converted to Classic Commendations. Missions and loot that previously awarded these commendations will now award Classic Commendations instead.
  • Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations in your inventory will be converted to Classic Commendations at the following ratios:
    • Tionese Commendations - 6:1
    • Columi Commendations - 4:1
    • Daily Commendations - 4:1
    • Black Hole Commendations - 1:1

Please keep in mind that these aren't all of the notes with regards to Commendations, but I hope the info above helps anyone who is confused and trying to make sense of what's going to happen.

Few questions

1. What's the conversion ratio for Planetary commendations. Will it be 1:1 for every planet in the game?

2.
so, Dulfy.net is reporting that grade 7 ship part schematics will be removed from Mission Support Vendors,
source article : http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-co...-in-patch-2-0/ SPECIFICALLY this image called "Conversion ratios & Chart": http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...version-21.jpg

sub-question C is the only one that requires an answer.
  • a. Where will these grade 7 ship part schematics be available for purchase after 2.0.?
  • b. which commendation type will be required to purchase level 7 ship schematics after 2.0?
  • c. will the level 7 ship schematics be removed entirely?
Spoiler
The most wretched hive of troll and kiddies
Refer a Friend Link

Mowermanx's Avatar


Mowermanx
04.02.2013 , 08:22 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
Few questions

1. What's the conversion ratio for Planetary commendations. Will it be 1:1 for every planet in the game?

2.
so, Dulfy.net is reporting that grade 7 ship part schematics will be removed from Mission Support Vendors,
source article : http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-co...-in-patch-2-0/ SPECIFICALLY this image called "Conversion ratios & Chart": http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...version-21.jpg

sub-question C is the only one that requires an answer.
  • a. Where will these grade 7 ship part schematics be available for purchase after 2.0.?
  • b. which commendation type will be required to purchase level 7 ship schematics after 2.0?
  • c. will the level 7 ship schematics be removed entirely?

3. Will the new weekly cap on Planetary, Classic, Basic, Elite, Ultimate commendations... be.. Per character or Per Legacy? (like how reputation weekly cap works)

I directed a question like this (#3) to EricMusco in another topic but I don't expect him to answer it there, link to single post for reference: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=153
The only one I for certain is 3, and that is per character.

Falensawino's Avatar


Falensawino
04.02.2013 , 08:36 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
The only one I for certain is 3, and that is per character.
Thank you, another PTS player also answered the question in the other topic

I edited my post, put question #3 in [/spoiler] tags because I couldn't use [/s] (strikethrough)
The most wretched hive of troll and kiddies
Refer a Friend Link

DarkFireShadow's Avatar


DarkFireShadow
04.02.2013 , 09:26 PM | #90
I am confused here, they are going to pool ALL of the commendations into one so instead of having 300 commendations on 1 toon and 150 on another they are combining them together for ALL toons in my legacy?