Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In Now Live

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Wes-
04.02.2013 , 02:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediJoshuah View Post
I am not bothered with this new login thing except for some reason when I open up the launcher it stays for 3 seconds long enough for me to see "Launcher updating" and then it shuts off and a message box turns up saying "only one application can be open at a time" this has been going on ALL DAY!!! Pray tell what the HELL is going on??
Check your Task Manager under the Processes tab to make sure there isn't an errant version of the application stuck in the background somewhere. If you see it listed, force-close it and you should be up and running.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

wateer
04.02.2013 , 02:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinpop View Post
Anyone having trouble with their game crashing as soon as its about to hit the character screen? Its bein doin this all morning and im not sure if its happening for anyone else.
im haveing the same problem

brjudge
04.02.2013 , 03:52 PM | #23
For some reason after I log in I get "Select a server" screen but it is blank. There are no servers listed there, on the united dtates or europe tabs. Everything seems to work on the page but there are simply no servers listed...which makes it quite dificult to get into the game as one might imagine.

wateer
04.02.2013 , 03:52 PM | #24
Did anyone find out how to play the game yet? i keep on getting kicked out at the loading screen.

Runhell
04.02.2013 , 04:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by brjudge View Post
For some reason after I log in I get "Select a server" screen but it is blank. There are no servers listed there, on the united dtates or europe tabs. Everything seems to work on the page but there are simply no servers listed...which makes it quite dificult to get into the game as one might imagine.
I am having the same problem. What is going on?? Are the servers down or is the launcher update screwed up?

Jaynar
04.02.2013 , 04:43 PM | #26
Been using my display name for a couple of weeks now with no problem. Today's update creates this event at game login with 100% consistency...I can no longer play the game, thank you very much:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51547cc6
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 7468e2d4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

DarthVitrial
04.02.2013 , 04:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
The link to Origin hasn't changed at all - there is a promotion happening across some other EA games that you must have hit the criteria for, which meant that you have been sent the pet. I'm jealous, I don't have the pet myself!

But you DID say Subscribers will be getting those pets too, right?

-Wes-
04.02.2013 , 05:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by wateer View Post
im haveing the same problem

Login problems are not universal. I ran this update on two separate machines and both log me in and load the game with no issues. It was mentioned earlier that there is another thread discussing these problems, so you might get more resolution there.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

wateer
04.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
Login problems are not universal. I ran this update on two separate machines and both log me in and load the game with no issues. It was mentioned earlier that there is another thread discussing these problems, so you might get more resolution there.
*** help us out here.

drenge
04.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #30
I can get why they did this. But I think its dumb. I think its a way easier thing to have some security questions that you only know and that you can remember instead of going to your email every couple logins to get a one time pass word. Also with the display names someone could just try to get onto my account easier now. Hey everyone I posted something on the fourm and that means you can see my display name you already have half of my log in, your welcome.