Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

PowerReaper
04.01.2013 , 08:02 AM | #2321
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicktime View Post
again shows how much you know. i enter with recruit minimum because im a fresh 50. pve gear in pvp HAHAHAHAHA. the better fix would be for everyone who ever pvp's to get a ranking and for the ranking system to put people together based on ranking. then premades wouldn't matter because even the good solo people would have a chance because they try to win.
You're in recruit gear their's your problem, get full wh scrub and you'll be fine.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Slicktime
04.01.2013 , 08:04 AM | #2322
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
You're in recruit gear their's your problem, get full wh scrub and you'll be fine.
what i meant was... the worse i have ever entered 50pvp is with recruit. the fact that you indicated otherwise shows how ignorant you really are.

PowerReaper
04.01.2013 , 08:06 AM | #2323
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicktime View Post
what i meant was... the worse i have ever entered 50pvp is with recruit. the fact that you indicated otherwise shows how ignorant you really are.
Ok wow obvious .

0/10
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

TheRevv
04.01.2013 , 08:14 AM | #2324
I enjoy going up against premades because it's a challenge. I don't have the best pvp gear by any means so occasionally I get steamrolled pretty bad, but it's just part of the game. Premades are still human beings, and they still can be beaten. If constantly being matched up against premades is getting under your skin, recruit some other decently geared players who want to work together to play with you. There are tons of people solo queuing who would love to be part of a group.
Emp: 55 - Mercenary, Powertech, Marauder, Juggernaut, Sniper, Sorc
Rep: 55 - Commando x2, Sentinel, Vanguard, Shadow, Scoundrel

Jadescythe
04.01.2013 , 08:17 AM | #2325
Oh, wow. Just realized this gem is back too. Must be necro premade threads day.
I have opinions and stuff

mrekxxx
04.01.2013 , 09:59 AM | #2326
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Please, stop saying what other people need to do or do not.

Stop saying for other people dude.

People dont need anything except have fun for thieir money. They dont "need to learn" anything. They just playing for fun.

Who forbid you formed a group, and play? No one. No one of solo queuers dont forbid you playing in group.

Solo queuers wanna just their own queue. Be respect to their rights like they respect YOUR right play in YOUR group - seperate from them.

If you dont respect them, they are dont respect you.

You want play in group - go play in group.

Other people who solo queue simply dont want play in group, and dont want play against your group. So go play with anybody who want play with you and who want play against you.

Cuz solo queuers dont care about you, they want play with and against other solo queuers, not with you. This is MMO dude - players playng vs other players. This term means nothing except this.
i agree ... 10/10.... pvp is broken ... pugs without healers cannot never win against premade with 1-2 healers + tank ... so we need separate queue for premades, or force premade queueing only for ranked games .... or we need better matchmaking where every pug ops get 2healers, 1 tank, rest dps /ofc 1 stealther for node guarding/ ....

pvp is really not fun ... maybe this system was fun last year in january when game was realeased, not now ...

LeonHawkeye
04.11.2013 , 08:38 PM | #2327
Bump because this is STILL an obvious and crucial problem. Without adequate matchmaking, cross server function and at worst a clear separation/barrier for full on PUG and full on Premade groups PvP will eventually die. No amount of content updates can fix the horrendously bitter and player repelling experience that is Premade Vs Pug play. It needs to be phased out, I offer a quote to those whom argue that Premade Vs Pug holds any merit whatsoever besides effectively repelling it's players. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodulus
What I don't get is what all these pro pvpers that run premades in unranked are so afraid of. What evils can come from separating PUGs from premades in unranked? You let the so called scrubs be bad in solo queue while you can improve yourself by queuing against other premades. I just don't get why you keep saying it's a MMO and that solo queuers should get a 4 man premade before being allowed to queue for PvP. Guess what, you have the ranked queue where you can get 8 friends together to do some awesome PvP and better yourself by playing against better people. Oh your gear isn't augmented war hero? I thought you just said you became a better player by competing against better players. A gear handicap should just make the warzone more exciting for you!

SystemProcess
04.11.2013 , 08:46 PM | #2328
Why would you bump this?

:\
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

VasKur
04.11.2013 , 09:01 PM | #2329
I thought the devs have promised to introduce some new matchmaking system ? (but as always, did not specify the date ) But as i see this thread still exists, so... premades vs pugs problem... again. gg Bioware
And yes, i'm fully agree with TonyDragonflame's post.

HuaRya
04.25.2013 , 11:55 AM | #2330
Things seem to now be back to where they were before the 2.0 patch. Random PUG teams consisting of casual players and casual guilds are often up against single or dual premades from competitive guilds. Since the matching system doesn't seem able to produce a cohesive team the matches are entirely lopsided. While the premade has tank/heals/dps the random pug team is usually dps based and most times lacking any healers.

I don't know if the devs are still entertaining the notion that a randomly thrown together players can out perform an organized team but if this were poker it would be like the premade knowing it always has a full house while the the pug team draws it's from the deck.