Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP on Harbinger


Weeeeee's Avatar


Weeeeee
04.01.2013 , 01:25 AM | #1
Hi guys,

I am a PVPer from Master Dar'nala Oceanic Server and i just want to clarify a few things with Harbinger PVPers..

Players from Bastion have been claiming that PVP on Harbinger is dying, and your top ranked teams have left for Bastion, apparently they are called <Squirtle Squad> and a few others i can't remember sorry.

We have almost a dozen guilds with confirmed intention of transfering to Harbinger for PVP and ranked PVP.

Are we wasting our time? Are your PVPers truly leaving Harbinger for Bastion?

Hopefully we can get some clarification and finally get the facts rather then alleged 'scare tactics' to get us to transfer to Bastion instead.

Let's hope you do have guilds ready to face the Aussie PVP onslaught :P
Chief
<Core OG>

Rank #1 PVP Guild of Bastion

angel_dust's Avatar


angel_dust
04.01.2013 , 01:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Weeeeee View Post
Hi guys,

I am a PVPer from Master Dar'nala Oceanic Server and i just want to clarify a few things with Harbinger PVPers..

Players from Bastion have been claiming that PVP on Harbinger is dying, and your top ranked teams have left for Bastion, apparently they are called <Squirtle Squad> and a few others i can't remember sorry.

We have almost a dozen guilds with confirmed intention of transfering to Harbinger for PVP and ranked PVP.

Are we wasting our time? Are your PVPers truly leaving Harbinger for Bastion?

Hopefully we can get some clarification and finally get the facts rather then alleged 'scare tactics' to get us to transfer to Bastion instead.

Let's hope you do have guilds ready to face the Aussie PVP onslaught :P
PvP on the Harbinger is horrible once you reach lv 50. For every good player there's about 15-20 really bad players (30 bad players if you play as a Republic). There's a handful of good players and they all play on the imperial side and they always stick together. If you want some good PvP, the harbinger is the worst server to go to. There are way to many bad players. Its sad that all the good republic players play on the imperial side. The Bastion seems the better place to go.

MitchPB's Avatar


MitchPB
04.01.2013 , 01:58 AM | #3
Join a guild, run a premade
<BOG> <Concept>

Weeeeee's Avatar


Weeeeee
04.01.2013 , 02:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by angel_dust View Post
PvP on the Harbinger is horrible once you reach lv 50. For every good player there's about 15-20 really bad players (30 bad players if you play as a Republic). There's a handful of good players and they all play on the imperial side and they always stick together. If you want some good PvP, the harbinger is the worst server to go to. There are way to many bad players. Its sad that all the good republic players play on the imperial side. The Bastion seems the better place to go.
I'm afraid every sever has bad players, that just comes with playing a MMO,

My question was concerning the PVP guilds, are they here? are they active? And are they staying after we merge here?
Chief
<Core OG>

Rank #1 PVP Guild of Bastion

angel_dust's Avatar


angel_dust
04.01.2013 , 02:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Weeeeee View Post
I'm afraid every sever has bad players, that just comes with playing a MMO,

My question was concerning the PVP guilds, are they here? are they active? And are they staying after we merge here?
There's about 2 really good pvp guilds and 4 better than average pvp guilds. My guess is no if they are gonna stick around. Majority of the best players stopped playing or have gone to another server. I haven't seen a ranked wz in months. No one does ranked anymore. And the 2 really good pvp guilds barely have enough players to get a ranked team going.

DaTimba's Avatar


DaTimba
04.01.2013 , 03:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by angel_dust View Post
There's about 2 really good pvp guilds and 4 better than average pvp guilds. My guess is no if they are gonna stick around. Majority of the best players stopped playing or have gone to another server. I haven't seen a ranked wz in months. No one does ranked anymore. And the 2 really good pvp guilds barely have enough players to get a ranked team going.
Really only one of Ascendancy's best players has gone to another server so by the "majority of best players" you clearly meant one of the best players. Also, you are in fact, basing your opinion on a stale game that's two weeks away from getting a major update. All servers will likely be hopping again... at least for a while. I'd also like to point out the all the "best players" that stopped playing still have active accounts and do pop on from time to time while waiting for the expansion. I would strongly advise you actually let the best players speak for themselves before you say where they are and are not going. Kthxbai.
Tairisa/Operative/The Harbinger
Ascendancy

agape_'s Avatar


agape_
04.01.2013 , 03:30 AM | #7
The best thing about the harbinger is the continual queue pops all night long the pvp never dies down at all.
Agapex: Level 55 PT
gods gift to swtor on the bastion

BHAvalon's Avatar


BHAvalon
04.01.2013 , 03:52 AM | #8
Tairisa summed it up nicely but ill help give some input. I can think of only one top player that rolled to the Bastion but he still plays on this server too. Yes we still do ranked, in fact we've had competitive games and kickball styled games within the past week. It is certainly slowing down a bit as people await 2.0 but i expect our PvP scene to be much more active after the update.
However i have to add that when/if paid server transfers become available many serious teams on our server will likely consider moving to a server with the largest competitive scene.

Obiraysbrother's Avatar


Obiraysbrother
04.01.2013 , 03:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BHAvalon View Post
Tairisa summed it up nicely but ill help give some input. I can think of only one top player that rolled to the Bastion but he still plays on this server too. Yes we still do ranked, in fact we've had competitive games and kickball styled games within the past week. It is certainly slowing down a bit as people await 2.0 but i expect our PvP scene to be much more active after the update.
However i have to add that when/if paid server transfers become available many serious teams on our server will likely consider moving to a server with the largest competitive scene.
ok could we get more info on how many 'top' guilds there are and others doing ranked. angel_dust said there was the 2 best teams and then 4 others... also what is the state of the pvp - is it just the top 2 teams versing each other? do other teams have a chance? when paid transfers come out will they likely go to the bastion because they assume the ranked is more competitive there?

just need to get full details from the actual players in those ranked teams.

EliteHippie's Avatar


EliteHippie
04.01.2013 , 04:38 AM | #10
As a heavy PVPer from The Ebon Hawk my observations of pvp is that 1-49 is pretty normal but the 50 bracket is god awful yet skill is not a issue for the most part. I have seen terrible sportsmanship which is expected from any online mmo as it is but compared to the 50 bracket on Ebon Hawk, I have NEVER seen so much unprovoked **** talking and personal attacks on low geared players. Don't get me wrong I encourage healthy competitiveness and trash talk but the 50 bracket has quite a few imps that don't know the difference between lack of skill and lack of gear.

I still enjoy 50 PVP on Harbringer but its pretty much a cesspool of prepubescent QQ from the imps.