Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rectangle bug Fix

tommcom
03.30.2013 , 09:43 AM | #1
Details:
I'm going to make this as short as I can as I hate unnecessary details.
When bosses in FP gets bugged they usually (as far as I've seen) are rectangle bugs as I like to call them.

One way to spot the problem:
You see the boss or mob, but your range is incorrect.

The issue/Problem:
The boss is seen on your screen elsewhere then he is.

The sidewalk/fix:
Do not charge or move the boss using (grapple, forcepush, etc) as it will bug the rectangle even more than it is. It may also be the cause of the bug to use these abilities.

What is a rectangle:
Rectangle is the invisible object that is the boss.
On the Rectangle we put a image of the boss.
If the Rectangle and the Boss gets separated, a bug is created I like to call Rectangle Bug (until I'm told the real name of the bug).

As I'm just an armature I'd like to say that these are not facts but my thoughts.
If this turns out to be a total bullstorm then I forgive you for wrong information. But until then this is what I believe it is.

Yours faithfully:
Tom Oscar

Balduvar
03.31.2013 , 12:08 PM | #2
Bugs like this usually occur when your game client gets out of sync with the server. Basically, your client has incorrect information and since rendering graphics is handled by the client, it renders the boss where it thinks the boss should be based on that information.

When you try to attack the boss, range and directional checks are handled by the server. The server doesn't know or care where the boss appears on your screen. It only knows how to determine if you can attack the boss based on things like distance, direction, and line of sight. The server runs its checks, the checks fail, and you get an error message sent back to your client which then displays it on your screen.

WaldoA
03.31.2013 , 12:51 PM | #3
I appreciate you're concern with the matter and I myself hate when it happens, but I'm not seeing the fix?

grallmate
04.01.2013 , 01:42 AM | #4
I tend to refer to it as Position Lag (pos lag for short) and it's a 2 fold problem because the preconditions are checked on the client and then checked AGAIN on the server. So you need to be in range AND in position on both for the ability to fire. When the 2 are out of sync by too much you can never succeed both checks as melee so you just get errors or blank GCDs. They need to be REALLY (30m+) out of sync to affect range though.

As a tank I've always found forced movement of the mob though LOS to be the most effective way of resyncing them. Sometimes a pull or KB works sometimes it doesn't but the LOS always seems to work.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]