Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Exploiting


MelliMelon's Avatar


MelliMelon
03.29.2013 , 12:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EFSoupy View Post
So here's my query. Tank stance jugg/guardian moves from the edge of the highest catwalk to the edge of the end zone area (or another time from the pit), without a leap animation? I thought it strange I would see it twice with no animation (I know people can intercede to stealthies). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to leave the high catwalk to get in range of the end zone area? The first time it happened I figured it was lag related and brushed it off, the second makes me wonder though. The sent/mara jump 3/4 of the way across the pit on the other hand....
Also, I once saw a very large twilek "trying" to use the corner cap in NC. It was pretty awesome.
What you do is walk of the ledge while walking forward, that brings you into the 30m range while you're falling.

colmiak's Avatar


colmiak
03.29.2013 , 12:58 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EFSoupy View Post
The sent/mara jump 3/4 of the way across the pit on the other hand....
if you're talking about jumping from the first platform (middle lower one with two fire pits to the sides) over the pit into the end zone area.... all it takes is an enemy fairly close to the edge and a lil speed

EFSoupy's Avatar


EFSoupy
03.29.2013 , 01:30 PM | #13
Mel, he never actually jumped/ran off the edge of the catwalk (I've made that jump a number of times to close the gap). They were standing on the catwalk, then down by the end zone. The more suspicious part to me is that there was no animation for intercede. The first time I thought it was just a bug or lag that cut the animation and even defended it to my team calling it as hack because I know the game glitches. The fact that the same thing, no animation, no visible target, different location, happened later in the match is what seemed very suspicious to me.
Fek, it was a sent/mara down in the pit itself making the leap up to the end zone area . And they covered 3/4 of the pit (I honestly can't remember if there was an actual target). In my experience, you need to be at least half way across the pit to be in range of the ledge.
Azucena- Vanguard (Shield/Assault), Moco - Scoundrel (Sawbones), Chapulin - Shadow (Kinetic/ Infiltration), Cagafuego - Commando (Gunnery)
<The Eternal Guardians>
Begeren Colony

Rylorn's Avatar


Rylorn
03.29.2013 , 06:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaddis View Post
To be fair, I haven't noticed any hacking. Then again, my play time is limited to night time.

One thing I want to touch base on though, are the many issues in the game.

If you look at the most recently Huttball video I posted, three weird things happen, all the fault of Bioware. When Scyn leaps to Naveuhs, he disappears for me. It isn't a hack, just my game, screwing up. Also, there is one point where Naveuhs intercedes to me and I thought it would be a goal, but I thought he had been pulled back down to the pit. He then suddenly appears for the goal. Again, not a hack, just a a glitch. Third, in that match, there is one point where I run past the ball spawn and you can see people who aren't even in the match. Something Bioware did must have screwed up the servers, but we were all commenting about the lag for about a minute after that.

My two least favorite glitches in this game are when I use my sprint and I sprint and then go back to my starting point and then sprint and then go back, and then sprint. I wonder what it looks like to others, if they just see one solid sprint, but otherwise, it's annoying. The other one is in Huttball, and someone leaps and you can't tell where they are because they are bugging out. Also, the dead person bug: makes targeting annoying. Or the bug where people remain invisible. Or the super annoying permanent stun bug. Or in ancient Hypergates the MANY terrain deaths.

Okay, apparently I had more than two. I think a lot of people jump to hacks when a lot of it could be explained by the plethora of bugs in this game. Or worse, the classes own abilities. If you believe something is a legitimate hack, screen shot and talk to the GM of the guild. Better yet, report it.

Tl:dr this game is really buggy.
Basically this. The amount of accusations compared to real hacking being performed is a near infinite space. Bugs and weirdness due to game performance are everywhere(plz fixx bw!.) Reporting hacks to Bioware is going to be your best plan. If you call someone out and you're wrong, you just made yourself look bad. Bioware has better methods of determining hacks than I or any other guild. Most of all, Bioware will ban them if they agree, and save you from being a !@#$ if you happened to be wrong.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .


Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

CadeStive's Avatar


CadeStive
03.29.2013 , 07:04 PM | #15
Oh noes, they found out.. They dun goofed.
-Vixeren- |The Kavar Legacy| -Vixerus-

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
03.29.2013 , 08:15 PM | #16
Just because you guys don't see hacking, doesn't mean it does not exist on the server. Unless you play 24/7, you have no right to scold people for reporting suspicious behavior. Just last night I saw a player teleport. How do I know it was teleporting? Well because i've seen videos of it and I'm pretty sure there's no ability that can move a player from one door of the VS to another in a second. Do I report it? No, Bioware's not going to do anything about it. But does that mean it didn't happen just because you didn't see it? Absolutely not.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
03.30.2013 , 09:40 AM | #17
I'm really skeptical on speed hacks and these supposed cooldown hacks.

But I see /stuck all the time, however it is usually bads using it in a desperate attempt to save thier useless lives, so no biggie...

RayGonJinn's Avatar


RayGonJinn
03.30.2013 , 12:25 PM | #18
I would say something about this... but the last time i came to court with proof of the people admitting to doing the exploit and accussing others of using it (all in screenshots that I posted here on the forums) I got punished for it.

stringcat's Avatar


stringcat
03.30.2013 , 01:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RayGonJinn View Post
I would say something about this... but the last time i came to court with proof of the people admitting to doing the exploit and accussing others of using it (all in screenshots that I posted here on the forums) I got punished for it.
I think BW prefers that you submit such info (including screenshots) in support tickets.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

RayGonJinn's Avatar


RayGonJinn
03.30.2013 , 01:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
I think BW prefers that you submit such info (including screenshots) in support tickets.
I feel ya... but now idc lol I just play the game.